Honored Contributor

Yes, I Guess I Will Pay for What I Love About Linea Clothing and Jewelry

There was some discussion today about how high the prices for Linea clothing have risen, and, of course, there was an acknowledgement that prices for clothing across QVC are now steeper than ever.  I agreed with those of you who are disappointed by this development.  For many of us who are now retired or inching closer to that watershed moment, money is a consideration.  (Without a doubt, there are some Linea fans for whom higher prices are not a problem.  Lucky you!)

But one contributor to the conversation pointed out that there are extra, precious dimensions to Linea items.  They are typically better made than other lines at QVC, and they can boast a real designer's touch that shows in both design and execution.  If we were to purchase such unique garments and jewelry elsewhere, their equivaIents would be undoubtedly costlier.

Some might say that we no longer have much "new" with our beloved Linea line.  Well, yes and no.  Yes, we had the same old crinkle shirt and tank and boho skirts today BUT we were offered such juicy and beautiful new colors.  The bohos and a long-sleeved safari shirt were offered in nonpareil florals.  In the end, these items are unique and new.   They are all so stylish that they could be worn at the finest resorts and command admiration.

Will I go out to shops that sell merchandise that could compete with Linea's level of uniqueness and beauty?  Most days, weeks or months -- no.

So, in the end, I am still very happy with Linea.  This is how I see it for now, and you might not share my take on this.   I'm really happy Linea is still on QVC and hope it is for a long time to come.

Would love:

1.  An increase in new items that find a wonderful balance for both the working woman and the retired woman.

2.  All-cotton items for those who want them.

3.  Prices held down for a while.

That's it! 

Frequent Contributor

Re: Yes, I Guess I Will Pay for What I Love About Linea Clothing and Jewelry

I agree 100% with every thing you say about Linea.  I am a senior now & on a budjet.  i remember Louis in Vogue & Harpers from many years ago, along wih Donna Karan.  These are high quality garments.  I too hope he keeps coming to the Q.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well said, @golding76! I agree, the Linea quality is unmatched at QVC and even elsewhere in the retail world. What Louis does for us is high quality, timeless and unique--where else could we find the equivalent of a "capsule wardrobe" each season that matches back to prior seasons, along with coordinating jewelry and hosiery? Nowhere. My hope is that we continue to see new items that are not just Linea Leisure and reorders...but I realize that is up to the buyers.

Someone mentioned Eileen Fisher, which is very pricey and a line I also like. But, I have to say, I love my Linea garments more. I've never complained about the pricing, because I think I get tremendous value from Linea. Now, I'm more aware of my budget as I near retirement, and frankly, I have enough clothes. But, since someone brought up costs today--which I think was a valid point--I had to consider the inching up of prices at QVC. For me, it's not a deal breaker.

EDIT:

I also want to add...and this is an overall impression and not directed to what you've specifically said, Goldie...it appears that whenever anyone makes a candid observation here, there is a rush to counterract what was said. I think we should be able to share opinions in the forum honestly and not feel that a comment about pricing is somehow a slam against Louis. I didn't perceive it that way at all and I don't think you did either, Goldie. I think it would be a shame if we feel we have to "walk on eggshells" about what we say. In a show thread, there is an organic conversation that takes place and it is what it is...some clothes we love...some don't work for us. Everything is critiqued and It's meant to be fluid and fun...

Trusted Contributor

No, it's not a deal breaker for me, either.  For one thing, I couldn't get the same quality, fit, and versatility from a brick or mortar store.  I might get sonething cute and attractive, but the chances are great that it would be a stand-alone outfit with much more limited use.  And often requiring new accessories. I have been buying Linea since Louis first came to QVC. Initially, I was amazed that new colections worked with older ones.  Now I am not in the least surprised and in fact expect it.

Nor can I find Louis's masterful cut and fit elsewhere, something also very important to me.  I can order from him very confidently.  It is very, very unusual for something to just not work for me.  As I am not in a good shopping area, that is yet another thing that is very important to me.

It is probably very helpful that I know my style and what works for me very well.  I sometimes go out on a limb -usually at Louis's urging- and have yet to be disappointed.

My problem now is that I have enough Linea for several lifetimes!!!  My Linea neither goes out of style nor wears out.  And gives me infiniite ways to combine and recombine my outfits.

Esteemed Contributor

@golding76

Thank you for this. I am the one who observed that prices are creeping up and that it's a bummer. I did feel like there was a bit of a pile on when I made this observation. I think that's unfair because I also noted that I buy tons of Linea no matter the price, and I put the blame squarely where it belongs--on QVC which has been marking up to mark down lately. This is true of all their fashion brands. 

I think I'm pretty supportive of Linea and LDO, so I have to say, this did sting a bit.

EDIT:

I also want to add...and this is an overall impression and not directed to what you've specifically said, Goldie...it appears that whenever anyone makes a candid observation here, there is a rush to counterract what was said. I think we should be able to share opinions in the forum honestly and not feel that a comment about pricing is somehow a slam against Louis. I didn't perceive it that way at all and I don't think you did either, Goldie. I think it would be a shame if we feel we have to "walk on eggshells" about what we say. In a show thread, there is an organic conversation that takes place and it is what it is...some clothes we love...some don't work for us. Everything is critiqued and It's meant to be fluid and fun...

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you to my Linea Sisters - especially Goldie (my Greek oracle) Gardensla and Grace and Barbara in Virginia. You ladies are the ones I always enjoy reading and follow the most. You are my ladies who sit on the Board of Linea so to speak. I respect your opinions. I agree that prices are creeping up in all lines. My daughter works for Eileen Fisher and therefore treats me with all sorts of goodies from that line. I love them, but also see similarities and bargains to be had from Louis and his creative mind. I hope Louis continues to design for us and that QVC appreciates the quality he continues to provide us.

Honored Contributor

I very much appreciate the insightful comments from Grace, Barbara, gardensla and 1jac (my "patriotissa").  In truth, after reading Grace's comments I re-read my post, and doggone if I didn't somehow leave behind a possible scent of criticism.  Really, I did not mean to do that, and Grace "knows" me well enough to state that my comments were in no way intended to be negative.  What I was going for but failed to achieve was something distilled to this thought:  Even though Linea has gone up in price (as have other lines at QVC), I will still buy from the line because it typically brings beautiful and unique pieces to my door.

Barbara, even though I joined the happy Linea Ladies several years after you, I, too, am at the point of having too much clothing -- even if it is my beautiful Linea.  As you pointed out, because most of the line is classic in nature and wears well, it lasts in one's wardrobe as long as one wants to include it.

gardensla, I did not think for a moment that you -- one of Linea's biggest fans -- were slamming the line.  You noticed something (that others also noticed) and commented on it.  Cost is a consideration for most people, no matter how well-heeled they are.  As I know from my late grandfather, sometimes the "cheapest" people have the most money.  You are fashionable and shop higher-end lines, so you know what you are talking about.

1jac, thank you for the compliment, and do know that I enjoy reading your posts so very much, too!   How fortunate you are to have a daughter who works for EF and that you benefit from that connection.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardensla wrote:

@golding76

Thank you for this. I am the one who observed that prices are creeping up and that it's a bummer. I did feel like there was a bit of a pile on when I made this observation. I think that's unfair because I also noted that I buy tons of Linea no matter the price, and I put the blame squarely where it belongs--on QVC which has been marking up to mark down lately. This is true of all their fashion brands. 

I think I'm pretty supportive of Linea and LDO, so I have to say, this did sting a bit.

@gardensla

I thought you raised a great point yesterday--not only were the prices inching higher, but you also pointed out that QVC appears to artificially bump them up only to reduce the same merchandise shortly afterwards--sometimes within weeks! That's definitely a new policy and an irritating one at that. Certainly, it's worth talking about!

And, anyone who frequents this forum and the blog knows very well you are one of LDO's and Linea's biggest supporters. I mean, who else has a Linea shirt named after them? lol You are also a credible voice--you call it as you see it. Love that.

Respected Contributor

Thanks to Louis, I have enough clothes to last me ten years if I stay in the right weight range.

But when he came out with 'scarlet' I bought WK's. I do watch items because, as Gardens said, the markdowns often come quickly. I think I got all the scarlet pieces I bought reduced.

If I miss out on an item, it's not the end of the world. I'm still wearing Koos.

I did have to buy sparkly jewelry for a LBD. I got two Linea pieces marked down and I'm watching the piece I paid full price to see if it goes down in price.

I just read an article in the Boston Globe saying women  saying Boston women are the among the worst dressed in the country. TRUE! When I would go to visit my late mother in Buffalo I'd notice it. Western N.Y. women dressed better.

So when I wear Linea in Boston I often feel like the best dressed women in the room. I'm

I don't know how the Q decides on markdowns. I have a dress on my wish list that's years old but nabbed a sweater that marked down withing months.

I'm retired and homebound a lot and I LOVE LL. I'm wearing it out and have back ups.

Fortunately I can't wear everything. No matter what Louis says I can't wear poly in the summer.

Super Contributor

Ladies I too am a long time customer of Linea and since I am now retired with less expendable cash I have learned to check out eBay for my classic Linea pieces. I watched Louis yesterday showcasing his boho skit and matching 2 piece  top and fell in love with them again. Went to eBay saw that I could get similar new pieces for a song. So try eBay for yourself.