Honored Contributor

Re: Yes, I Guess I Will Pay for What I Love About Linea Clothing and Jewelry

Sorry to be back, but I'm having some remorse over having used the word "cheapest" instead of "frugal."  

Frugal people oftentimes have the most money; it stands to reason.  My grandfather, whom I cited in a post above, wore the same brown suit to every occasion -- baptism, wedding and funeral (including his own).   This brown suit thing began much before Reagan, but Grandpa was a life-long Republican.   His frugality paid off big-time.  An immigrant who arrived with nothing on these shores, he ended up with an entire block of homes mixed with businesses in an East Coast medium-sized town.

Honored Contributor

"Yes, I Guess I Will Pay for What I Love About Linea Clothing and Jewelry"

i think that this statement holds true for not only the LINEA line, but for other lines also. there are many people on these forums that love particular lines on and off of qvc and are willing to spend the money for them.

i bought two items yesterday. i was going to buy four (two long cardigans, two tanks), but with no special pricing or easy pays, i decided to hold off on  the 2 longer tanks. for certain items i am now willing to wait until they get marked down and those days generally come faster now. no regrets if i miss out on something. i always know that something else good is right around the corner. i will admit that i am spending less on linea because of the style and/or fabric of items offered now. i will also add that i agree with the poster who said that there are some GREAT deals on ebay and at the qvc outlet stores.

happy shopping ladies! Smiley Happy

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

To all Linea Ladies:

Prices, fabric and design constraints notwithstanding, I signed on today specifically to say that I so enjoyed yesterday's show conversation and that I feel privileged to "know" each and every one of you.  The above conversation just sealed the deal.  We are a thoughtful, intelligent, caring, funny and very stylish bunch!

Thank you all for a very enjoyable afternoon!

Trusted Contributor

I thought you raised a great point yesterday--not only were the prices inching higher, but you also pointed out that QVC appears to artificially bump them up only to reduce the same merchandise shortly afterwards--sometimes within weeks! That's definitely a new policy and an irritating one at that. Certainly, it's worth talking about!

@GraceCOI hate to say it but I have caught on the new QCC strategy and been taking full advantage.  Gone are the days when I would have to agonize over a cart full of items, narrow my choices, stay up to midnight or later hoping to catch those new items for fear of sell outs, etc..  Sadly I am no longer enticed by much of what has become the new Linea so waiting for a sale is not at all an issue.  Items now go on my wishlist instead of my cart.  I have a closet full of basics but have been helping my mom rotate older items out of her closdet.  Linea fits the bill especially at a discount.

Honored Contributor

Things have certainly changed the last few years.  I no longer have to order at midnight to make sure I get the item and size I need. Even when you watch the show and they say the item has sold out often a week or so later it is available so that must mean a lot of returns. I used to take a day off of work to watch the shows.  I didn't even watch yesterday because there was nothing I was interested in.  The prices are not a problem for me but the fabrics and styles that have been offered lately are.  

Esteemed Contributor

LDO is the only line on the Q worth a higher price.  

I agree with @DiAnne that things don't sell out like they used to and that the chances are higher these days for successful waitlisting and as is...also, there is less that I really get excited about.  

I bought one peplum top...if it doesn't fit, from here on out I will order two sizes and return the one that doesn't fit.  I would have tried the ivory tank, but it wasn't worth a $10 try on fee or, in this case, to see if the color worked.

I also purchased the currant colorblock cardi on sale, which should arrive today...I've been looking for Linea sale prices more and more.

@gardensla  I completely understood what you said, and didn't feel an apology or an explanation was necessary.  You're a loyal LL, and a great source of Linea info.

Have a great day everyone!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NJgirl 1205 wrote:

I thought you raised a great point yesterday--not only were the prices inching higher, but you also pointed out that QVC appears to artificially bump them up only to reduce the same merchandise shortly afterwards--sometimes within weeks! That's definitely a new policy and an irritating one at that. Certainly, it's worth talking about!

@GraceCOI hate to say it but I have caught on the new QCC strategy and been taking full advantage.  Gone are the days when I would have to agonize over a cart full of items, narrow my choices, stay up to midnight or later hoping to catch those new items for fear of sell outs, etc..  Sadly I am no longer enticed by much of what has become the new Linea so waiting for a sale is not at all an issue.  Items now go on my wishlist instead of my cart.  I have a closet full of basics but have been helping my mom rotate older items out of her closdet.  Linea fits the bill especially at a discount.

@NJgirl 1205

I think that's what the new pricing strategy does--customers figure it out and delay purchasing to get a better deal. I also find that I'm not stalking as much, only because there are a lot of reorders in new colors or new LL, which I don't need. And, I also know in time that the new offerings will be reduced, so I don't buy multiples.

I love all my Linea & did purchase from the last show--but the last few months have not been exciting. I remember the good old days when a full collection was debuted each season...but things have changed. Only the jewelry has my interest this coming season.

Frequent Contributor

Goldie and others,

I was really interested in your comments about the need to be more frugal in retirement and therefore more thoughtful about your Linea purchases. I have been experiencing the same thing. I retired about a year ago and, for many months, refrained from even looking at Louis's presentation so I wouldn't be tempted. But one thing I have discovered is that my way of dressing has changed a great deal since I retired as I am no longer "dressing for the office." I struggled a bit to find a new approach to a more casual lifestyle that didn't look sloppy or unkempt. Lo and behold, I rediscovered Linea in a whole new way! Now, instead of focusing on Louis's wonderful dresses, blazers, skirts and slacks, the mainstays of my work wardrobe, I pay attention to putting outfits together that feature his more casual tops, turtlenecks, candigans and leggings or ankle pants. I haven't needed to buy much new to accomplish my switch over but have found a few Linea pieces to compliment what I already had (and some working woman who shops at Goodwill has a great new wardrobe of work clothes!)

Honored Contributor

FreddieMac, I only now read your post.  Yes, I agree that not having to appear at the office causes a shift in clothing choices.  I'm not figuring out my new approach to dressing quickly but am working hard at the task.

Right now, I tend to hang around the house in comfortable slacks and casual tops, but when I go out, I wear attractive Linea (sometimes other labels) sweaters and jackets/coats that are from Linea or elsewhere.  Scarves and/or the right jewelry selection complete my look.  I feel some relief about my appearance now, that's for sure.

When I return home, I switch into the casual wear that I do not mind getting oil stains on or otherwise harming or staining.  

Frequent Contributor

Goldie...I totally agree with you....Linea is worth the money for so many reasons. I live in South Florida with lots of shopping options, yet I still find shopping to be a frustrating experience. First of all, I am hard to fit...at 6'1" tall and a 2-3X with a 35-36" inseam, my choices are very limited. Also, I am a classic/conservative dresser in an area full of fashion-forward/trendy clothes. The lines I always wore have changed...Jones New York, Lauren by Ralph Lauren, Lands End, etc. the quality and fit of many lines has also decreased, while prices have increased. Ralph Lauren used to make beautiful sweater sets each season....and they were so "me" that I would pay full price (or it would be gone....) but it would last for years of wearing an average of twice a week....cost per wear...worth it...and I would buy duplicates in other colors and the same color if they were on sale at the end of the season. Now, no more sweater sets. Lands End sweater sets have been changing slowly over the years....not the same...now metal buttons instead of real shell. Jones New York...much less tailored and fewer plus size options.....

Louis still makes quality product that, even as prices have gone up, are FAR more reasonable and well- made than most other lines found anywhere. They are classic, never go out of style, wash and wear well....and, he makes sure that an item you bought years ago in a color, will match the color of the item you buy today, or tomorrow, or next year. His items can be dressed up or down....and I always get compliments AND I feel good in them. Everything comes in my size and is sized properly....Louis knows fit and female form and quality. And, my personal favorite...Louis is accessible...he listens to us, and he Responds to us personally. He reads our comments, answers our questions, and takes action. THAT alone puts him head and shoulders above the rest...he cares about his customers and his product. 

And, for me, QVC delivers to my door...I have health issues that make it difficult for me to     wander through the malls much, so that is helpful to me as well. Sorry for the long winded response.....but thank you for listening.