Honored Contributor

Re: Wondering about a few posters we never see anymore...

[ Edited ]

There are many great posters who remain here, among whom I mention JJM, who I believe due to her efforts, has kept the forum viable and many of us who had opted to not post here any longer, returned and enjoy the forum but it would be better if there were more posters and that can only be made possible if we try to be inclusive, realistic and friendly so that Linea's line is increased which will increase the frequency of his programming.

Honored Contributor

Mia....I think you are referring to Natural Born Woman.  I always enjoyed her posts and pictures of how she integrated Linea into her wardrobe.  But I don't think she has posted in over a year.

Name already taken....My first response to your comments was - how do you create exclusivity on a public shopping forum....it was explained later.

I love Linea especially for my work clothes, I just don't purchase as frequently.  I have always enjoyed the Linea ladies.  Wishing everyone well and lots of joy in your Linea!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nonametoday  ...

It's not my intent to get into the reasons for the Delphi forum ... I'll let those who know more about it respond to you.   As I remember it, however, it was started for a specific reason, with a group of like-minded women who wanted to positively discuss all things Linea ... it was  not intended to exclude anyone who felt the same.   I believe the off-shoot Dooney forum was formed for the same reason.

Edited to add:   By the way, I can't remember your original nic ...

Respected Contributor

@DiAnne

I think the reason it is so slow is that it is the doldrums of summer for clothing.  The minute Louis starts his fall collection - this site will be jumping.  Even his blog is slow.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I may be wrong, but when Linea was on the Fashion Forum, before they gave Linea its' own forum many posters were turned off by the nastiness and the trolls that used to show up, and many decided not to post or be subjected to the nastiness anymore. I find the Linea form to be a much nicer place to have discussions. I don't find it elitist in any way.

Honored Contributor

@Marlyn1 wrote:

I may be wrong, but when Linea was on the Fashion Forum, before they gave Linea its' own forum many posters were turned off by the nastiness and the trolls that used to show up, and many decided not to post or be subjected to the nastiness anymore. I find the Linea form to be a much nicer place to have discussions. I don't find it elitist in any way.

This is true and it was even more so, before the revamp of these forums and the lack of moderation. When the trolls saw that people would report their snarkyness, they went back under their respective bridges. 

I can count on my hands who those trolls were and will not name them, but they know who they are.

I refuse to be pushed away, I just see them for what they are and their comments show them for the people they are; it's not a reflection on me.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@NameAlreadyTaken wrote:

@SoX wrote:

@Nonametoday  ...

I must admit that I'm really floored by your response ... particularly your first and third paragraphs.   I never noticed an exclusivity band of sisters mentality.   The camaraderie of sharing "what we bought" is intended as a fun time during the on-air shows ... not bragging,  just having fun.

Then you have indeed been asleep at the wheel.  The Linea forum was moved from QVC to a private forum where only the "best of the best" were allowed passage and could post.  Please tell me you are kidding when you say you do not know.  I was friendly with several posters who moved on for that reason.

@Nonametoday

Maybe it was just a coincidence but it seems a lot of the nastiness went with them.  

Honored Contributor

@SoX wrote:

@Nonametoday  ...

It's not my intent to get into the reasons for the Delphi forum ... I'll let those who know more about it respond to you.   As I remember it, however, it was started for a specific reason, with a group of like-minded women who wanted to positively discuss all things Linea ... it was  not intended to exclude anyone who felt the same.   I believe the off-shoot Dooney forum was formed for the same reason.

Edited to add:   By the way, I can't remember your original nic ...

NAT:  I don't recall you either until just recently.

Super Contributor

Even though I don't think I am one of the posters "missed", I have posted more frequently in the past.  I don't participate much any more for a couple of reasons.  First, professionaly I moved from an administrative position to a clinical position, and now must wear scrubs and comfy shoes (I must admit, I enjoy that part!).  Second, to be very honest,I haven't seen a lot of Linea the past two seasons that has really tempted me.  I mean, I am buying much less than before, but I don't care for the color schemes of the past couple seasons very much, and that has limited what I have bought even further.  I can't wear colors with warm tones, never wear beiges/browns/taupes, etc., and that hasn't left a lot of choice.  Louis seems very drawn to neutrals, warm-toned colors, etc., and that just isn't my style.  I love cool, jewel-toned colors, along with some charcoals and blacks.  There was a fall season a few years back that featured ruby, malachite, sapphire, etc. and I went hog wild that season!   When another season comes along with more of those colors, I will likely buy more.  

I must add, I still think Louis is hands down, the BEST of the best, and I adore him and Jac.  That man is incredibly talented, and I hope he will be designing for years to come.

Esteemed Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

Mia....I think you are referring to Natural Born Woman.  I always enjoyed her posts and pictures of how she integrated Linea into her wardrobe.  But I don't think she has posted in over a year.

Name already taken....My first response to your comments was - how do you create exclusivity on a public shopping forum....it was explained later.

I love Linea especially for my work clothes, I just don't purchase as frequently.  I have always enjoyed the Linea ladies.  Wishing everyone well and lots of joy in your Linea!

yes, NBW is another poster who just disappeared into the ether. 

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat