Frequent Contributor

Re: Wondering about a few posters we never see anymore...

Hi,

odd on the day of this question, I visit for first time in 2 or three years. I am still buying Linea...it's the  only fashion I really buy on the Q  I thought the original group were old Ann Klein aficionados like me and we all lucked upon one of our favorite designers on the Q and were thrilled. Just cannot find items in brick and mortar stores Like Linea for the price. I also buy Eiileen Fisher, but have  done so for years. I do love my linen shirts in the summer. Many days I am totally swathed in Linea. Dont think my iPad offers up the forums via the QVC app, if it does, I havent put it together. 

My life got busy and I posted less, and then just stopped. but I am always watching his shows and buying. Some of us are still out here, still well dressed Thanks to Louis and Jac🎈

Have a great rest of your summer! I've been gone so long doubt if anyone remembers me☺️

Esteemed Contributor

@mostwanted

Of course we remember you. Glad to hear that you're still loving your Linea. Maybe swing by next month during his August show to share what you bought!

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Contributor

Greetings to all-

I just ordered Louis' palm frond necklace in gunmetal that is on clearance and the tropical print dress from a few years back that looked so great with the gunmetal.   I'll post reviews on the item page when they get here in a couple of days.   I also broke down and bought the b & w hoodie, although it's the only thing I've ever ordered from the Leisure Line.  

QVC, please order more classic, quality Linea for those of us who don't want to go to work in Leisure clothes.

Super Contributor

Yes, but unlike they Barbara Bixby forum, the Linea forum is closed. Anyone can go on the BB forum and we have a great group of women there. There is a lot of buying and selling, etc. 

I used to also post on the Linea forum - I changed my screen name because I had a hacking problem and used the same name as my email. I still pop on. People used to post pictures of cool combos and I loved that (not all Linea). 

As an aside, I wish the Q would stock more of Louis - I know everyone does. I can't watch most of the shows because of work travel, etc. 

Esteemed Contributor

As others have posted here, I'm really not a fan of the Linea Leisure line ... invariably, the jackets are way too long.   I purchased the first hoodie when they went to clearance and I kept them because it was just too expensive and too much trouble to return. 

I didn't order anything this time around ... wish those reordered knit pants everyone is raving about came in petites. 

Respected Contributor

I have been buying Linea for years and continue to buy. There is nothing else on the Q that interests me. The other brands either aren't my style or the quality disappoints me. I love all of his products from the clothing, and Leisure Line, the jewelry is IMHO the best fashion jewelry, and the hosiery is wonderful and as good or better than what I find in the stores. It would be a terrible shame if we don't support this line and it disappears like so many others have. Above all that, I truly appreciate all Louis and his lovely wife Jac does for for us which is above and beyond. I won't preach, but if helping support him and Jac by posting helps the Linea brand I am more than happy to do it

Trusted Contributor

@Marlyn1 wrote:

I have been buying Linea for years and continue to buy. There is nothing else on the Q that interests me. The other brands either aren't my style or the quality disappoints me. I love all of his products from the clothing, and Leisure Line, the jewelry is IMHO the best fashion jewelry, and the hosiery is wonderful and as good or better than what I find in the stores. It would be a terrible shame if we don't support this line and it disappears like so many others have. Above all that, I truly appreciate all Louis and his lovely wife Jac does for for us which is above and beyond. I won't preach, but if helping support him and Jac by posting helps the Linea brand I am more than happy to do it

I agree that there's not much on QVC that interests me and unfortunately, that now also includes Linea.  It is hard to get excited and post when you don't buy.  As for supporting the line and keeping it in QVC, I doubt QVC cares about the activity on the boards though I suppose there is a correlation between that and sales.  I think as a business, they care about what sells and how much profit is generated!  

While I love Louis and Jac, continue to record the shows and hope that something will tempt me, I do not remember the last time I bought anything.  Even the styling seems off but then again do you need layers of necklaces on a hoodie?  I used to love all the carefully selected accessories that Louis would add, an old Anne Klein belt here, an exotic bangle there.  There is no longer the need with these clothes.  Bottom line is that I remain open and hope something grabs me enough to buy, ,but I will not spend my hard earned money simply to support the line and keep it on QVC.

Respected Contributor

@NJgirl 1205 wrote:

I agree that there's not much on QVC that interests me and unfortunately, that now also includes Linea.  It is hard to get excited and post when you don't buy.  As for supporting the line and keeping it in QVC, I doubt QVC cares about the activity on the boards though I suppose there is a correlation between that and sales.  I think as a business, they care about what sells and how much profit is generated!  

While I love Louis and Jac, continue to record the shows and hope that something will tempt me, I do not remember the last time I bought anything.  Even the styling seems off but then again do you need layers of necklaces on a hoodie?  I used to love all the carefully selected accessories that Louis would add, an old Anne Klein belt here, an exotic bangle there.  There is no longer the need with these clothes.  Bottom line is that I remain open and hope something grabs me enough to buy, ,but I will not spend my hard earned money simply to support the line and keep it on QVC.

I am fairly new to Linea.  Started purchasing a few years ago, and I have purchased many things.  But I have been more careful lately about only buying what I know I will wear and not just because everybody else is excited about something.  I've ordered a few things that I had to return or now just sit in my closet.   While I love Louis and support his line, I can't buy everything.

What really made me want to respond to your post was your comment about accessorizing, necklaces with hoodies, etc.  To each their own, but imo sometimes the accessories are too much and are actually distracting.   I'd like to see the hoodie (or whatever item) by itself to see how I'll likely wear it.  But, maybe Louis puts necklaces with hoodies because that's the only opportunity he gets to show his jewelry.     

Trusted Contributor

Hi Mjunkie,

I agree with you.  No accessories needed on stuff I would typically wear to the gym.  My point was that his accessories no long work with the style of the clothes.  Louis brought the jewelry because the ladies loved the complete looks he would pull together and were thrilled when they could wear something similar.  After all, he is a great designer and a complete look is what he was known for at Anne Klein where he designed everything - head to toe.