Respected Contributor

Re: Wondering about a few posters we never see anymore...

[ Edited ]

@JustJazzmom wrote:

The woman who only buys green clothing is blinddogs.

@JustJazzmom

Louis even mentioned "blinddogs" by name on one of his recent shows. You both have good memories about her buying green!

Respected Contributor

I think some posters who used to be regulars here now just go to his web site.

Regular Contributor

So NOW I know why my ears were burning....LOL!

Just to clarify: I buy Linea clothing in  colors other than green; but if Louis offers something in a green shade, it is almost a "given" that will be my first choice. But I broke that 'rule' recently with the long all cotton hoodie tunic-- that light sage shade is not my favorite hue so I just bought it in taupe and black. Love that piece, and until Louis converted me, I did not own any hoodies at all. I have found that especially when traveling and a sudden rainfall hits, it is convenient to have a hoodie to pop over the hair.

I do read the forums here at least once or twice a week but have been posting less-- primarily because I usually read the forum on a small tablet that makes it very inconvenient to write a coherent comment on its touchscreen. (I am currently writing on my laptop.)  I suppose some folks are better at maneuvering tochscreen keyboards, or tiny keys on a smartphone, than I am.

I also do communicate with Louis on his website/blog and enjoy the "ask Louis" section in which customers can ask the designer direct questions about colors, sizing, and make requests for possible new items or colors we would like to see in his line. I know of no other designer who is so responsive to his customers as Louis is on his website.

But Gardensla and others make a very important point: as hard as so many of us fought to keep Linea at the Q, we really should keep up our support in this forum because it is followed by the buyers and "powers that be" at QVC. It is important to keep reminding them how much we value Louis amd having access to the Linea line at QVC.

I promise to try to do a better job at posting here, and posting reviews on items I buy, to help support Louis and the Linea line here. 

I tend to buy less for spring and summer-- since the heat and humidity of our summers generally have me wearing sleeveless tees and capris most of the time. And there were no new midi-dresses this year to tempt me. I have several of those dresses from seasons past that I live in during hot weather.

I am now retired so have a less formal lifestyle like many others. I find that the Linea line, with more casual options, has adjusted along with many of us who are no longer in need of business/workplace attire. I still have closets full of vintage Linea suit jackets and suede and leathers from the good old days.

Even if I don't "need" something I am still so impressed by Loulis' design genius that I may buy the new lace-back sweater because it is so beautiful, even if I might not wear it very often. Sometimes you just have to go with your heart....

Honored Contributor

And to add to blinddogs comments: hiya @blinddogs!  

Even though many review the garments here, it's important to write a review under the actual garment itself! Maybe you want to wait until it's worn or washed, dried and worn again before writing a review, but the buyers read the reviews also. And your review helps those who might not be part of the Community Forums who are browsing this website.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Trusted Contributor

@gardensla wrote:

@DiAnne wrote:

@PilatesLover wrote:

I was a relativelynew poster here, I fell in love with Louis a couple of winters ago and began collecting pieces. I was excited for his shows and would chime in on show discussions and what we'd purchased. I haven't been around  because Louis just hasn't come out with anything that excites me for some time.

My last purchase was the Navy blue and white striped French sweater with button detail, gee was that last winter? I just don't love his new casual line and he doesn't seem to be coming out with those gorgeous tops and tunics any longer. Smiley Sad

I am a long time Linea buyer and I agree the last few years have been bleak.  I used to be really excited for his shows and have even taken off work for them - now I only watch if I just happen to be home and remember.  I still pick up WKs and the Kate shirt.  I am hoping for a better fall and winter.  Hopefully not more hoodies!  

I'll admit I've not bought as in years past. The Leisure line just isn't for me and there are fewer work-wear options. I know all of this is more about changing lifestyles and the price-point here at QVC so I don't blame LDO...

I agree with both of you!  There is little that is new and exciting and how many colors of the same basic styles does one person need?   I also do not need any more work-out/hang around the house clothing. I hate to admit it, but I rarely even watch anymore.  I do record the shows but usually just breeze through them as nothing ever grabs me. 

I really miss the old Linea aesthetic. I loved the jackets, blouses, dresses and beautiful pants and some special items udring the holidays that one could wear to a cocktail party or a wedding.  Sadly this seems to be a thing of the past.  This line has basically turned into a higher end alternative to Denim & co.

Esteemed Contributor

@NJgirl 1205 wrote:

@gardensla wrote:

@DiAnne wrote:

@PilatesLover wrote:

I was a relativelynew poster here, I fell in love with Louis a couple of winters ago and began collecting pieces. I was excited for his shows and would chime in on show discussions and what we'd purchased. I haven't been around  because Louis just hasn't come out with anything that excites me for some time.

My last purchase was the Navy blue and white striped French sweater with button detail, gee was that last winter? I just don't love his new casual line and he doesn't seem to be coming out with those gorgeous tops and tunics any longer. Smiley Sad

I am a long time Linea buyer and I agree the last few years have been bleak.  I used to be really excited for his shows and have even taken off work for them - now I only watch if I just happen to be home and remember.  I still pick up WKs and the Kate shirt.  I am hoping for a better fall and winter.  Hopefully not more hoodies!  

I'll admit I've not bought as in years past. The Leisure line just isn't for me and there are fewer work-wear options. I know all of this is more about changing lifestyles and the price-point here at QVC so I don't blame LDO...

I agree with both of you!  There is little that is new and exciting and how many colors of the same basic styles does one person need?   I also do not need any more work-out/hang around the house clothing. I hate to admit it, but I rarely even watch anymore.  I do record the shows but usually just breeze through them as nothing ever grabs me. 

I really miss the old Linea aesthetic. I loved the jackets, blouses, dresses and beautiful pants and some special items udring the holidays that one could wear to a cocktail party or a wedding.  Sadly this seems to be a thing of the past.  This line has basically turned into a higher end alternative to Denim & co.

I do agree.  Even though I am retired I still have not migrated to oversized hoodies and leggings for my daily wear.  Being short and fluffy these items are not flattering on me.  The overeliance on polyester is also a big issue.  Good quality polyester or cheap polyester makes no difference.  It is a fabric I avoid at all costs.  However the major reason my buying has been substantially reduced is the color pallets that have been showing.  Olive green, brown, navy etc are all colors that do nothing for me and simply wash me out.   I so miss the beautiful jewel tones from a few years ago.  While I agree that LDO is the best of what QVC has to offer I am not going to buy clothing simply to support a designer whose recent offerings hold no interest for me.

Respected Contributor

Louis can design and offer colors but it is all dependent on what the buyers choose.

Super Contributor

@chprsp wrote:

Louis can design and offer colors but it is all dependent on what the buyers choose.

So much depends on what OVC wants and doesn't want: colors, styles, air times, etc. When we buy the clothes and spend our money, it the only thing QVC understands.  I feel very forunate to have started "collecting" Linea when there was more of a selection (Louis had more shows). I always carefully read what Louis writes because then I can plan to built an outfit over several shows. I definitely have bought less this year than the previous years. Louis is still my favorite and his things are always quality.

There have been a lot LTS, especially in the jewerly.  Is this an indication that a lot new things are coming? 

Respected Contributor

Jazzmom: advice well taken. I just wrote a review for the Egyptian necklace and earrings.

Respected Contributor

I am a Linea lady to the core.  I check this Forum everyday as well as Louis's blog. As soon as Louis starts debuting his Fall collection, this forum as well as his blog will be jumping.  He has not started debuting his fall stuff as of yet, but I even know now I will be buying two of his trench's in Khaki/black as well as black/black.  Those of you who who own the trench know it is sensational.