Respected Contributor

Re: White barrell bead necklace

I got my chocolate beads today and they are yummy. I don't think I have ever seen anything like them, They really are hard to describe. You can see into the bead and there are veins, but the browns and molasses colors are very deep and the veins aren't as apparent as my white beads. I love them and recommend them.

Respected Contributor

The black and the Egyptian are tempting but I'm really not shopping. I think I have enough clothes for five years.

Frequent Contributor

Louis said they are a little weighty.  How do earrings feel?

Are they totally white or different shades with black?

Trusted Contributor

They are a bit weighty, but I don't find them too heavy at all.  I wore them several hours to test them when they arrived.  For me, they are fine.

The white is uniform, but the black crazing varies from bead to bead.  I love this set! 

My black set just arrived today.  They work as Louis said they work for him with any print with black in it.  So often black jewelry gets lost in a print.  Not these!  They also look great with solids.

Respected Contributor

Got the white set yesterday. LOVE! Just got my hair cut in a "Lady Mary" (think Downton Abby) bob. Beads and earrings make me feel very "twenties." I'm a small boned person but even when I was very small (today I'd be a O) I always wore bold jewelry. Dainty stuff made me feel like a kewpie doll.

Earrings hand beautifully with haircut but are a bit heavy which is unusual for me.

Does anyone know what some women use with heavy earrings to keep pierce from stretching? It's some kind of adhesive.

Think I'll wear it for the set for my birthday over the black t shirt dress from a couple of years ago with an old Linea white linen jacket with black and beige embroidery and sparkly flats.

Now, someone tell me what the black beads are like? I sent the original set back because I didn't think they were distinctive enough. If they are still available I'll give you the item no. They were VERY popular, just not for my use at the time.

Respected Contributor

J270117: I think that was the black necklace I sent back. If anyone has both how do they compare?

Trusted Contributor

Your new haircut sounds much like mine!  Glad you love your white beads.

I didn't get the beads that you returned but went back for the Black Barrel beads after receiving my white ones.  Love them as well!  The finish is a shiny lacquer black.  And because of the configuration, are not like anything else you are likely to see.  They don't get lost at all on prints that have black in them, which is why I got them. Of course they are also very striking against white and other light hues.  When worn with a black skirt or pants, they really pull the look together.  Because of the shiny finish, I also like them against a matte black.

Respected Contributor

Thanks! Maybe I'll get some birthday money!

Frequent Contributor

I just received the beads. They are large but very pretty,  I thought they are white - but actually an off white.  Looks great with black but was a touch off when i put on solid white.  Love that they are assymetrical and each bead different

Valued Contributor

I agreed, they go very well with the Ivory color. You really don't realize it until you place it up against anything white.  Just the same they are nice and I will be keeping mine. They are a little heavier than what I'm use to.