Honored Contributor

Re: Which Linea pieces do you wear the most?

[ Edited ]

I have an olive trench that gets a lot of wear.  

In winter I wear the black drum major jacket with pants of all colors and skirts.  

I still use the silk blouses as essentials.  

One day I fear they will wear out.  

I wear whisper knit tops a lot.  

My favorite and most frequently grabbed (I have a lot of green in my closet) is the olive boho skirt.  I have 4 colors but that is my favorite.  

I still have the lime/lemon/olive striped sweater with sequins and that is so neat to grab and wear to the grocery on days when I just want to be comfy.  

Remember the short sleeve sweaters (maybe cotton) with the somewhat scooped neck and the white band (I have the black and lavender) and I love them.   I wear them a lot.  

Some cotton (almost had a sheen) pants, sort of a cigarette leg in a sort of camel color and black (I wear those a lot).  They have become somewhat faded and soft, just the feel I love.  

I love that ivory silk damask blouse.  Oh, yes, the navy one and the ivory one with the ruching at the waist.  

For every winter funeral, I have a favorite suit.  The boiled wool black skirt with gores of a satin like fabric and the matching jacket.  

Every spring and summer funeral requires the moss crepe skirt and top and I love the crepe tunics and several pairs of Marc Bouwer pants of a similar fabric for events where black is particularly nice and the waist pincher WK sweater with the black boho skirt.  

Remember the silk ikat skirt/blouse set in coffee and black.  I got the coffee (which is almost black) that has emerald and several colors.  It is sort of a crepe feeling silk.  I love that.

I love the peasant blouse in aqua from years ago.  It is washable and oh so wearable.  It has been a favorite for a long time.  I bought it when Lisa Mason said it was a favorite for her.  So you know that was a while ago.

I think I own every piece of olive LDO ever  presented.

Valued Contributor

My most favorite Linea is the V-neck WK sweater for winter. I also like the trench coats from this past winter but would have preferred a little more length on those.

For summer, my most favorite is the sleeveless pebble crepe tunic. I was sad it was not reordered.

In years past my favorite was  the maxi dress in feather weight in the print, but since I lost weight those no longer fit me. 

I did like the maxi dress design last summer with the palm leaf design, but the fabric was too hot for me in the summer.  I did wear it this spring with the black bolero or a cream light gauze cardigan from Loft for worship.

I did love the fabric for the midi dress last summer, but did not like the length or the fullness at the front in the waist.

I loved the other maxi in the blue/black/white stripe, but did not feel it worked for ordinary day wear, was more for dressy events. 

Trusted Contributor

@gardensla wrote:

Without question Whisper Knit sweaters and skirts!  At least once a week I wear something from that line. 

Also the moss crepe pieces and slim ankle pants from last year, the pebble crepe tunics and the cropped pants, Kate and Robyn shirts, and I've worn the sequin pieces he did for us many, many times. Some of the oldies continue to be in heavy rotation such as the amazing, perfect, still look like new cotton drawstring skirts from years ago (I have all four colors and it kills me that we never got this in navy, Army green, grey), the  heavier-weight cotton ikat skirts and jacket (with the jeweled trim--still so chic), and ikat silk pieces. I wore the new short trench a lot this spring and over the winter the longer trench. My new drawstring dresses from this season are getting a workout already.

I too still love and wear often many pieces from years ago.  Went to a fancy wedding shower and wore the purple ikat suit with the jeweled neck and got so many compliments. The pearl trimmed suit is another favorite for business meetings and conferences, not to mention the countless jackets.

I really miss the old LInea.  I miss the special and unique.  The line has become so basic and casual and while nice, I rarely find anything I want to make room for in my closet.

Regular Contributor

I have so many favorites from the "olden days" of Linea and like a few others here, if it is any shade of green, I have it in one of my closets. But my lifestyle is much more casual these days in retirement, and I feel the Linea line has moved along with me into this next phase of my life.

The "swing" sweaters in WK-- turtleneck and scoop neck styles-- have been my recent go-to options. And the lighter rayon blend knit 'swing" tops-- solid colors as well as the two tone options, black/grey, olive/chartreuse-- have been real workhorses for me this past winter. And there is a sleeveless version from a year or so ago that I'll be living in this summer, just as I did last year.

The satin ruffle edged suit from a few years ago-- I have it in purple and in black-- get lots of wear for more dressed up occasions. I have a horde of past sequined tops and skirts for holiday events that I treasure. And there is one section of one closet that is reserved for the beautiful suedes going back to my first ever Linea purchase-- the green and purple applique short jacket with a matching solid long skirt. Those early suedes have been joined by the more recent leather jackets with k. nit sleeves-- green, black, merlot, tan-- that work much better for me now. (More comfortable, and no huged suede dry cleaning costs.)

I do feel sorry for the newer Linea Ladies who don't have the stockpiles of "vintage" treasures that still work so well even a decade after purchase. But I'm still very much a Linea lover, even as the times and lifestyles have changed, at least for me.