Respected Contributor

What size in hooded sweater A268127?

Ordered in all three colors in XXS, my usual size in WK. But in some of Louis's items I am an XS.

The sweaters fit nicely except for the oatmeal which was a little smaller than the others. So I ordered a size up (XXS) and like it much better. So now I'm wondering if I should order up in the others to for just a tad more extra room. I would only ever wear a tank if anything underneath.

I am on the fence. Hate paying all the shipping charges, but don't want to be always wishing I had sized up. So just curious if you all went with your normal size and how does this sweater fit you? Also, do you think it'll be prone to shrinking at all?
Respected Contributor

Re: What size in hooded sweater A268127?

I wear mostly medium sometimes a small in Linea sweaters.  I purchased medium in the oatmeal version of the hooded sweater.  It fits beautifully.  The oatmeal sweater is gorgeous and so expensive looking.  I wore the sweater last week with my Linea Lt. khaki slim ankle pants with taupe suede booties.  My outfit looked wonderful.  

Respected Contributor

@culebra

Thanks for responding. I can't wait to wear mine once I decide on size. Well, I have to wait for the weather to cool down a bit too. Smiley Happy
Respected Contributor

I went up 2 sizes in this sweater.  I wanted mine to fit slouchy and not as close to the body as the models in the presentation.  Also sizing up gave me a little more length.  It's perfect.  I started with the taupe and the blue is out for delivery today.  Love this sweater.

Respected Contributor

@Santorini

Thanks for responding! You convinced me to size up. Just placed my order.
Trusted Contributor

I had to send mine back due to my reaction to the wool but sure wish I could have kept it. Beautiful. I'm 5', 131lbs, 36D and the small was perfect. I have full upper arms and there was no clinging. Had just a loose enough fit without going baggy.  

I always wonder where the shoulder seams fall when people size up so much. I always check that first in the measurements and when that seam sits right where it should, the top fits me well. Otherwise, it looks baggy on me and unflattering.

Respected Contributor

I just had a major surprise.  I hand washed both hooded sweaters together.  The taupe came out fine and is now drying flat.  The blue must be a totally different fabric blend.  It shrank so much it won't even fit a toddler.  I'm letting it dry and hoping for a miracle, but this is so strange.  Why would the taupe wash beautifully and the blue turn out like infant wear?

Esteemed Contributor

Oh my!  I handwashed the oatmeal and it dried fine, just like your taupe.  Hope you hear from someone else who has the blue. Woman Surprised

@santorini wrote:

I just had a major surprise.  I hand washed both hooded sweaters together.  The taupe came out fine and is now drying flat.  The blue must be a totally different fabric blend.  It shrank so much it won't even fit a toddler.  I'm letting it dry and hoping for a miracle, but this is so strange.  Why would the taupe wash beautifully and the blue turn out like infant wear?

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@santorini wrote:

Oh no!!!   I will wash mine when I get them and hope I don't have the same problem.  Will report back. 

Generally speaking, when an item says handwash, can we put it in the washing machine on the handwash cycle in a mesh laundry bag and be ok?   It's a front load washer...

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I take a size small in this particular sweater and that is my normal size in his line. I always hand wash sweaters and let them air dry. Sounds like some of you may have gotten a defected  item? I have several of his sweaters and never had a problem with piling, wrinkling or shrinkage.