Respected Contributor

I've been dry cleaning my posh knit sweaters. Have any of you hand washed or machine washed in a lingerie bag?

Esteemed Contributor

I wash mine on the gentle cycle and lay flat to dry. Sometimes if I'm energetic I'll run a steamer over them.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

Thanks, @gardensla!

Honored Contributor

@gardensla wrote:

I wash mine on the gentle cycle and lay flat to dry. Sometimes if I'm energetic I'll run a steamer over them.

That is what I do also.  

Valued Contributor

I wash mine in cold water gentle cycle. I dry in drier for about 15 minutes and lay flat to dry. I must admit I've let it run a full dry cycle and did not find any shrinkage. They seem to be indistructable.

Respected Contributor

Re: Washing Posh Knits

[ Edited ]

@DiAnne and @Berlybaby, Thank You!

Do you throw them in the machine or use a bag? My ivory t-neck is stained and I'm wondering if oxyclean is too harsh?

I'm washing them this afternoon. Will save me on my dry cleaning bill!

Thanks all...

Respected Contributor

I wash in cold water on gentle cycle with Woolite and lay flat to dry.  I own a steam machine so then I steam them.  They turn out perfect-no shrinkage etc.

Honored Contributor

@GraceCO

I turn them inside out and put them in a lingerie bag.  I have never used Oxyclean so I don't know how harsh it is but if there is a stain it is certainly is worth a try. 

Valued Contributor

I spray with Shout and no longer bother using longerie bags. Good luck I hope it comes clean.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Washing Posh Knits

[ Edited ]

@GraceCO

I'm sorry. I didn't read carefully and described how I wash whisperknits.  Since I live in such a warm climate I don't own any posh knits.  Sorry for the confusion. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett