Respected Contributor
Long story short. Ordered the blue and grey swing cardigans last year in an XXS. Fit great.

This year ordered the alabaster, taupe and black in XXS. Alabaster and taupe fit the same as my others. Black seemed smaller. I remember Louis saying dark colors can sometimes seem smaller because of the dye or whatever. By the way, the taupe is gorgeous. A tricky color for me (fair and medium blonde) but this works and doesn't wash me out.

So I ordered another black in an XS but it is too baggy, especially under the arms, but the sleeve length is better.

Do you find that over time the WKs stretch out or shrink? Wondering which size to keep.
Esteemed Contributor

@crazycockermom I find that whisperknits stay true to size, neither shrinking nor stretching out.  Some Linea ladies have deliberately attempted to shrink WKs that were too big, but I don't remember exactly what they did.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor
Thank you Shoesnbags. I'm so torn what to do. I have even though about keeping both, just in case, lol, so I have one that is more fitted and one suited for layering or keeping at work and throwing on when I'm chilly. But I'm not sure...

Will retry them on and try to decide. Thanks!
Honored Contributor

@crazycockermom

I think the problem with sizing was that the ones you received were mislabeled.

I would definitely try again-- remember new from the warehouse have rectangular shaped labels on the plastic bag and returned items have a square shaped label on that plastic bag. That is how you will know if you received someone's return or brand new item.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

Well duh!  After all of these years shopping QVC I didn't know that.  Thanks for enlightening me, @JustJazzmom

Honored Contributor

I hope you were being tongue in cheek. @shoesnbags Woman Surprised

I mentioned the labels so people would know if they were getting new vs. a return.

Respected Contributor
@JJM

Thanks! I never knew that! I just went and looked at the label for the XXS one I ordered and it was a square label! However, I don't see how it would've been mislabeled since it couldn't be smaller than an XXS...

The XS has a rectangular label.
Esteemed Contributor

Oh, no no- I was serious. I really didn't have a clue about this. I was happy to learn this and was making fun of myself for not knowing after all of these years. Definitely didn't intend it to sound like snark!  Just goes to show how the written word can come off wrong without seeing the face or hearing the tone of voice. @JustJazzmom You're one of my favorite posters!

Respected Contributor
By the way, I'm sick of spending all this S&H for varying sizes. Is it worth it to call CS?
Honored Contributor

Thanks @shoesnbags! I spend way too much time over on Community Chat.

I even think returned items get re-sent out even before new items.

Example: a red Mackie top came back into stock after months of being 'sold out' in that size. The next day, all sizes came back in that color. I ended up getting a square labeled bag instead of new stock. Fortunately, it was correct in size.