Valued Contributor

Has anyone received them yet? Does the velvet stripe go all the way up the leg. How is the fit?  Thanks

Valued Contributor

Mine are out for delivery today.  Will report back.

Honored Contributor

I thought we outgrew having to worry about our seams being straight in the 40's and early 50's.  I laughed out loud when I saw those tights.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

"Everything old is new again!" wink wink!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

These tights are the best. You don't have to straighten anything. You pull them on and the fall into place. They are the newest pattern in tights I've seen in a long time. They are definitely the BOMB!

Valued Contributor

Ladies for those of you who own these and have worn them, I have a question.  Does the velvet stripe go up the side of the legs or down the back? I have seen Jac wear them and it looks like its on the side. Today when Angela wore them on FEW it looked more like they were running up the back. I plan on wearing them to my daughter"s rehearsal dinner this Friday, and don't want to make a mistake. Thanks.

Respected Contributor

Since they are called Tuxedo Tights, I am sure they are  meant to go up the side of the leg.  They are like tuxedo pants with the satin stripe up the side of the pants.  I would trust the way Jac wore them as she is close to the designer.

Valued Contributor

@culebra wrote:

Since they are called Tuxedo Tights, I am sure they are  meant to go up the side of the leg.  They are like tuxedo pants with the satin stripe up the side of the pants.  I would trust the way Jac wore them as she is close to the designer.

I love yor answer!  Of course the line goes up the side, what was I thinking?  Angela' s stockings were quite crooked.  It just threw me off.  You made me smile when I read "I would trust the way Jac wore them as she is close to the designer"  That's an understatement!  Thanks for making my day:-)

Respected Contributor

I have these in both the grey and the black. They definitely go up the side. I think the models have such quick changes they sometimes don't even get a chance to look at themselves. I would call these semi opaque which works well for both colors especially for the black so you can really see the velvet stripe. The stripe goes up to the pantie line and down the foot, but not to the toe. I have worn them with pumps and shoe boots and the end of the stripes are totally covered if that worries anyone. I think they are great, and really add a fabulous touch to the outfits I've worn them with. I didn't buy the new grey and black top, and will go on wait list. Angela looked so fabulous with that combination. I must of had a brain cloud!