Valued Contributor

Trench coat sizing question---apologize in advance for rehash of this question!

I have resisted this gorgeous coat forever, but think I am weakening.  One issue I have is those pesky numerical sizes!!  I hate returns and exchanges---guess everyone does!!!

So please forgive me for asking for help, but any advice would be appreciated.  In Linea I am a Small more than half the time.  I wear XS in some WK's, the WK skirts, XS in slim ankle pants, size 4 in the ponte pull-on pants.  I am 5'6", 128 lbs, 36B/C, 36/31/37, a little broad shoulders and a little longer than average arms.  In the Linea wool peacoat, I returned the XS ( a little tight across the back), for a S, which is a little big, but OK.

I don't plan to wear the trench coat with anything much bulkier than whisper knit.

When I look at the "click here" measurements, it seems like the bust measurements are ample, and the X back are a little smaller---thus the dilemma.

Thanks--and again my apologies!

KK

Honored Contributor

Re: Trench coat sizing question---apologize in advance for rehash of this question!

[ Edited ]

@Karlakaye wrote:

I have resisted this gorgeous coat forever, but think I am weakening.  One issue I have is those pesky numerical sizes!!  I hate returns and exchanges---guess everyone does!!!

So please forgive me for asking for help, but any advice would be appreciated.  In Linea I am a Small more than half the time.  I wear XS in some WK's, the WK skirts, XS in slim ankle pants, size 4 in the ponte pull-on pants.  I am 5'6", 128 lbs, 36B/C, 36/31/37, a little broad shoulders and a little longer than average arms.  In the Linea wool peacoat, I returned the XS ( a little tight across the back), for a S, which is a little big, but OK.

I don't plan to wear the trench coat with anything much bulkier than whisper knit.

When I look at the "click here" measurements, it seems like the bust measurements are ample, and the X back are a little smaller---thus the dilemma.

Thanks--and again my apologies!

KK

@Karlakaye With the peacoat you have measure the crossback set in sleeve --about 6" below the top of the shoulder where you put your tape. Then look at that measurement on the trench coat. It might be an 8 or 10 that work for you. I wear a 10 in that coat, wear nothing thicker than a WK top and am a 36C on top. My hips are more 42". Hope this helps re: which size to buy.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

Re: Trench coat sizing question---apologize in advance for rehash of this question!

[ Edited ]

@Karlakaye

I think you will love this trench . . . as for sizing,

I would definitely refer to @JustJazzmom's post . . .

although I'm the same as she is in the chest, went up to size 12 to accomodate bulkier items worn underneath.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Last year I didn't need a trench coat as I have 1 in navy  from JCP brand St. John's Bay and  a DKNY from Macy's in black. Both are geared for rain and are unlined. 

But, the burgundy coat called to me. I was comfortable in it when in Chicago at Thanksgiving walking around. It is a substantial coat.

Trusted Contributor

I own the Olive. I originally ordered it in the 8. Thinking it may be to small. I am a 6/8. I returned it for the size 6 and the 6 fit a lot better. The 8 was just a tad to large which surprised me. I am a 34c, 31 waist and 38 hip. If that helps. I am also in my 60's so I do have that broader back area that we tend to get as we get older. I can wear a whisper knit under this coat quite comfortably. It is a stunning well made coat. You need to give it a try. It's worth it. Also on my size 8, the buttons were loose and 2 fell off and I returned it as defective and was refunded the full cost plus shipping. My size 6 was perfect. Don't let the loose buttons stop you from purchasing it. Just saying if the size you order doesnt fit you can always exchange it to avoid the shipping cost and you will definitely want to exchange it,if the size you ordered doesn't fit. It's a great coat. I am ordering the Black. 

Respected Contributor

If you're between 2 sizes, I would size up.  I bought 2 last year and wore them open.  This year, I wanted to place another order, so I tried on one of the ones I bought last year and decided if I wanted to wear it buttoned, I should size up.  I ordered the tan and black (crazy coat lady).  Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

@santorini@Lucylu12 @JustJazzmom @alliswell  Thanks to all for your advice and help.  Before the last two posts, this afternoon I finally decided to order the size 10.  Hope I picked right---will let you know how it works out.  Thanks again SO VERY MUCH for all your answers.  Honestly, Linea ladies are absolutely the BEST!!!

KK

Honored Contributor

@Karlakaye When you get the coat let us know if it was the correct size!

When you get it you will be shocked at how nice the coat is.

Trusted Contributor

@Lucylu12 - can you explain to me your comment on doing exchanges?  I haven't done it for years.  If you request an exchange, do you pay for the shipping cost to send the new one?  Will they deduct the shipping cost for the exchanged item and the cost to return?  TIA!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am awaiting delivery of this coat in black. I debated about what size to order, I'm a 10-12 depending. I don't wear thick sweaters so that isn't an issue but I hate it when a coat is tight through the shoulders. I ordered a 12 and I hope it fits well but I will exchange for a different size if need be, I expect to enjoy this coat for many years. It's supposed to be here tomorrow, so excited for crisp, fall days and a chance to wear it. I hope I am shocked by the quality, that would be a nice feeling!

"The love you extend to others, will eventually find it's way back to you, no matter how many times it has left you hurt."