Trusted Contributor

The Trench: Pics,info and more!

[ Edited ]
Page 1 of 189
« Older

“THE BRITISH TAN TRENCH COAT”

tan

…………………………The TRENCH COAT, A267875, is back, and some of you didn’t hesitate to place your orders, and I believe some have already received it! The coat is scheduled to be shown in September, but heck why hold it back when so many want it now!……….For those of you who already own the OLIVE, or NAVY or WINE or maybe more then one….I don’t have to tell you what a SUPERB garment this is. The WORKMANSHIP and DETAILING is just as precise as coats that cost well over $2000, and you all know what I am referring to………….Let me digress for a moment. For those of you who do not know the origin of the “Trench Coat” I will tell you the story. During WW1, the British army commissioned a menswear company to design a coat for the men fighting in the “TRENCHES”. That very staid and classic company was Burberry….[they’ve come a long way baby]……ALL trench coats are derived from that original coat…….The coat had many functional details starting with the HOOK and EYE at the collar which closed the coat giving more protection. The epaulettes were used to hold the strap of their rifles close to their bodies leaving their hands free, or sometimes a convenient place to keep their gloves. The trench flaps, front and back helped keep the rain from soaking through the coat. The original belt had metal loops stitched into it from which they could hang their canteens and shovels. The waist belt and sleeve straps also were used for added protection from wind and rain………………the coat has been around almost 100 years and is still going strong!

……………………..I will be offering two new colors plus I am bring back the OLIVE due to demand……………The first color is the BRITISH TAN…..with BLACK accents. To make this a successful color combination the fabric has to be substantial enough so there is no grin though of the black, which it is. The sewing has to be PERFECT, which it is. Above all else it is CHIC beyond words. As you can see from the photos above this is a gorgeous coat. The DETAILS are countless from the BLACK facings down the front and belt straps. the authentic removable epaulettes to the double belt loops……so if you are short waisted or have a longer waist there is a loop that should work for you…….. Yes, I know you have tons of coats in your closets, but this is not a coat you want to pass. It is timeless and will be in style for another hundred years and more. A true INVESTMENT piece…………………….enjoy………………………much Love……………………Louis

“THE BLACK TRENCH COAT”

red

…………………………..What isn’t there to say about a……………..BLACK TRENCH COAT…………………..the second new color being offered. Perfect with leggings and boots or jeans…………..Perfect over a BLACK SEQUIN DRESS……………..MYSTERY and GLAMOUR all rolled into one garment. I really don’t know how you can resist……..A coat like this with this QUALITY, and at this price doesn’t come around often. Don’t be sorry later you didn’t make the right decision and get your Black Trench!…………………………enjoy………………..much Love………………………..Louis

“THE OLIVE TRENCH COAT”

Zebra8

……………………………I always say I will not bring back the “old” colors, but the demand for the olive was so strong the buyers requested it be reordered……there was no objection from be. There is something so RIGHT about a TRENCH COAT in OLIVE! I guess it is the whole military thing that reminds us from where it originated……..One thing I didn’t mention in my little story was…..the original coat had a flannel liner [not sure if it was “the” plaid or not]. This liner had a duel purpose. The first was to keep the soldier warm, and the second was they could take the “button” out liner and use it as a robe…….the Brits were always proper…..even at war…………………If you missed out on the OLIVE the first time around…..it sold out in a nano second……you now have a second chance to fill your “want list”………………………………..enjoy………………………….much Love……………………………….Louis

Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Trench: Pics,info and more!

I wore the olive trench to death last year and it still looks new I want the black though too. 

Respected Contributor

Thanks for posting @anniebethsmom

It's the best trench . . . got olive . . . coming back for black Smiley Very Happy

Valued Contributor

You're killing me, my black trench is out for delivery today! My first Linea piece. The olive was my second choice. If the trench is as amazing as everyone is saying, I hope the olive is still available. I want to check my size first, I ordered the 12, I am usually a 10-12. 

Im pretending to be working at my desk but Im really watching out the front window for the delivery gal lol.

"The love you extend to others, will eventually find it's way back to you, no matter how many times it has left you hurt."
Esteemed Contributor

@Debzzz

Oooh yes! This coat is as amazing as everyone has said! Not too much longer to see for yourself.

What a wonderful choice to make as your first Linea purchase. 

Valued Contributor

My black trench was delivered today. I immediately tore into the package and tried on my new coat. I'm glad I went with a 12, the fit is perfect. It fits close to the body but with plenty o room through the shoulders and the fabric is very high end. I'm in love.

I checked on the olive, only available in 12-18. The navy and wine are already sold out. Thanks to all who recommended this piece, it's a classic and a steal for the price.

C'mon fall.

"The love you extend to others, will eventually find it's way back to you, no matter how many times it has left you hurt."