Honored Contributor

kate2357 wrote:

breee7 wrote:

Considering how quickly these sold out and since the manufactor could do it, I have a hard time understanding why QVC will not place the order.  These would be another fast sell out.  More money for Q, more happy customers.  Sounds like a win win situation.

I still don't understand how they all sold out in what...hours? It was just so odd to me and very disappointing ... I really wanted that peridot color necklace and was keeping a close eye on when it posted. Then bang...gone. So weird. 

i dont really understand this at all either. i was wondering if they only brought in like 20 of each color? how many people here actually got one? just a handful, i believe. my other thought was that they were inspected and something was wrong with them and maybe they were sent back ot the manufacturer? i know that at one time there were one or two styles of bead necklaces that had problems and people were sending them back or sending them to be fixed. it is just strange......and we probably will never know what really happened.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

It really wasn't a few hours. They were posted on line for 3 or 4 days. It was very fast, but they probable bought very few because of the price. I ordered early and got three of them, and I love them so I hope they do bring them back. It's very short sighted by the person who made this decision.

Respected Contributor

Re: The Seed Bead Necklace

[ Edited ]

@Marlyn1 wrote:

It really wasn't a few hours. They were posted on line for 3 or 4 days. It was very fast, but they probable bought very few because of the price. I ordered early and got three of them, and I love them so I hope they do bring them back. It's very short sighted by the person who made this decision.

I agree--the buyer misjudged the positive response this necklace would get. They should know better by now! Especially when you look back and see that the entire pricey palm frond group sold out and was reordered!

But, what's even more frustrating about this fiasco is that the manufacturer told Louis they CAN deliver them in July, but it's QVC saying July is too late! QVC is the problem.

Esteemed Contributor

@Marlyn1 wrote:

Wow ... 3 or 4 days? I wonder where/what the heck I was doing that I missed the necklaces? I realize it's not the end of the world ... just frustrating that I wasn't quick enough to snag me at least one. I could have found a use for any of the colors.

Well ... enjoy for those who rec'd. I will look forward to next spring when they show up for me to buy.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

Has anyone heard a real explanation of what happened that I have missed?  If they sold out then it is strange that some orders were accepted then cancelled.  Were they defective - I had two of his beaded necklace break while I was wearing them.  I don't think Louis has addressed what really happened.  I was considering the black one but I think I am going to pass as this is too mysterious for me.  

Respected Contributor

They Sold Out!  Many people that managed to order them - got more than one.  

Honored Contributor

very pretty braided seed bead necklace featured today from the joan rivers collection.

J327734

https://www.qvc.com/Joan-Rivers-Braided-Seed-Bead-Necklace-w-3%22-Extender.product.J327734.html?prod...

also check out the boho beaded necklace and other beaded necklaces on the amrita singh website. she does beautiful work.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein