Esteemed Contributor

@Krimpette Sorry you received your coat in such a rumpled mess. I agree in that you should call CS for a consideration and take the coat to your cleaners for a proper pressing. There's really no excuse for sending items out improperly packaged. What's amazing is your receiving it so fast. So many of us are still 'in process.' Did you upgrade your shipping or just get lucky?

Honored Contributor

Re: The Red Coat

[ Edited ]

@rochelleS  I guess I'd have to say I just got lucky. The red coat came yesterday and the white one is out for delivery today.  

Edited to add:  No, I did not upgrade shipping.  Just the normal way.  So I have no complaints about the speed, just the packaging.  Hope everyone gets theirs soon!  Gorgeous coats!

Honored Contributor

Re: The Red Coat

[ Edited ]

Isn't Jacque Louis' wife on FB?  I'd send her an email disgribing this so she can pass this info onto Louis.

Neither one if they knew this info would not at all stand for this and hopefully, maybe it would cause a 'chat' with how their goods are being sent out to customers like you.

I find it totally uncalled for the way we get our goods like heavy sweaters and especially outer coats from qvc.  Yes I too have purchased Dennis Basso coats that were packaged beautifully as one noted here.

It's very much too bad that you received your coat in this condition.  My first thought would have been that it was a return from somebody else and your's turned into a bad 'as is'.

Write Jacque on her FB page - she would not be happy to hear of your situation - especially for t he price you paid for this coat.

Esteemed Contributor

I read on Louis's blog that they do add the cost of the box; but besides Dennis Basso Bradley Bayou also shipped his suedes and leather jackets in boxes with his signature hangers and so did Pam McCoy from Evine her suedes, leathers and faux fur coats.  I didn't have an issue with the extra cost of those designers in fact I would rather pay it than have the cost passed on to the designer.

Esteemed Contributor

@Krimpette You did get lucky with both of your coats being delivered so fast. I'm still in process for everything ordered from the show except one of my trapeze necklaces was shipped last night. Hopefully your White coat will arrive in better condition. Please do report back when you receive it too. Enjoy!

Honored Contributor

@rochelleS  I took another look at the red coat and I think I've going to take it to be professionally pressed.  I'm going to wait until the white one arrives today, since that's likely to be in similar condition.  I'll write back after UPS comes....which sometimes isn't until 7PM!

Esteemed Contributor

@Krimpette Did you call CS and ask for a credit for pressing? Do consider this especially after you receive your second coat. 

Honored Contributor

@rochelleS I'm waiting until I get the white one before calling C/S.  I'd contact Louis or his wife, but I'm not very well versed on Facebook, so I don't know how to contact them.  (Not much of a Facebook user.)

Trusted Contributor

@Krimpette - I just received the double breasted peacoat I purchased as a lunchtime special.  It was just shipped in an oversized plastic Q bag.  Luckily the type of fabric could take the manhandling of shipping so no additional pressing needed.  But I have noticed the lack of good packing for many garments.

Respected Contributor

My 3 coats, two of them ordered before the show, are still "in process." 

I don't think CS will do anything about "wrinkles" except listen and say they are sorry. The coats are amazing at an amazing price and what I would do if coats arrived with just wrinkles and no real imperfections is steam them or take them to the dry cleaner. It's an easy solution.