Respected Contributor

@123SuzyQ123 wrote:

I have also received a few Linea pieces that were not properly packaged. A sweater that was around $60 was in a wad, and a pair of pants that were close to $55 also not packaged neatly. Those prices might not seem high to some, but they are very high to me, since I am on a very limited income now!!!

It would seem (to me, at least) that with the prices of some of the items, the Q could afford to package them neater.  That's my rant for the day!

Maybe Louis needs to know. 

Respected Contributor

I would doubt he has anything to do with it. I'm pretty sure they don't arrive to QVC rolled up in a ball. It's QVC who doesn't ship them properly. Everything I get from them is shipped terribly from everyone. His jewelry is packaged beautifully and arrives in good condition.

Esteemed Contributor

This experience could be a metaphor for how QVC has treated Louis and his line. Years ago, his clothes were sent on hangers with tissue paper protecting the garments. Now we get shmattah treatment, i.e., clothes stuffed into plastic packages without regard to the stability of the garment. I must say I'm truly sick of it. 

Honored Contributor

The plastic bag I don't mind, but that outside plastic bag is what I dislike -- usually the incorrect size for the item received (too small or too large). That outer bag probably contributes to the garments shifting inside. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Valued Contributor

@Marlyn1 wrote:

I would doubt he has anything to do with it. I'm pretty sure they don't arrive to QVC rolled up in a ball. It's QVC who doesn't ship them properly. Everything I get from them is shipped terribly from everyone. His jewelry is packaged beautifully and arrives in good condition.

Even though Louis may have nothing to do with how QVC ships his merchandise, I can't help hoping that as the Designer, his opinion and hopefully outrage on this situation matters. He should know about it, and put pressure on the PTB to correct this. If QVC provides this packaging to Dennis Basso merchandise (especially his outerwear) LDO should demand the same of his ( at least his outerwear). Every LDO show I watch Louis explains in loving detail all the bells and whistles he puts in his designs. This is a designer who is both proud and passionate about his creations down to the last dressmaker detail. I'm tired of QVC treating him and us, his followers so poorly. 

Esteemed Contributor

One of the ladies mentioned it on Louis' s blog.  It's on QVC how the packages are shipped.  His jewelry is packaged and wrapped beautifully as if I purchased it from an expensive store.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

Maybe Dennis charges extra for that special packaging and Louis tries to save everyone s little cash.

Yesterday, My DB puffer coat with mink trim arrived without any mishap. Folded on a hanger enclosed a plastic bag. Beautiful!!💃
Honored Contributor

I am sure there is an extra cost to ship in a box on a hanger added to the price of the garment.  

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

I'm so angry I can barely type this.  My gorgeous red coat arrived today.....all balled up in a typical Q plastic bag.  Even the bag inside the bag had a tear in it.  The coat is very wrinkled and I'll have to press it or take it to be pressed.  I haven't tried it on yet.  I just can't believe QVC would be so careless with such a quality item.

Hope others who get theirs had a better packaging situation.

@Krimpette

i had received a couple of his other coats a few months ago. i called to complain about all of the wrinkles and told them there were so many that i had to take it to the cleaners to have it pressed professionally. they gave me credits for both coats and i received around $15 in credit back to my account. you may want to call and ask them.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

Isaac coats come in a bag too. DB may be in a box because DB says he manufactures his items. I do not think the other designers manufacture their clothes.