Respected Contributor

Re: 'The List' For February 1st 5PM ET Show!

I am unsure about what size to get in the new jacket too. I got a 4 in the trench, but the new jacket is not numerical sizing, so how can we go with the same size? I am on the fence between XXS and XS. In whisper knits I always need a XXS, but in other items, like the wing collar blouse, denim vest, etc., I need a XS. Hate dilemmas like this. Tempted to order both and see but hate doing that. Smiley Sad
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was mulling sizing over, too, and went back to read what Louis said in his blog description.

Based on LDO's comments, I think I'll order my usual size, a medium. The "click here" measurements are generous, so there's no reason to size up. That's my two cents...others may have another take on sizing.

Honored Contributor

I am a little confused about the size to order in the new jacket also.  I sometimes order up a size to get sleeve length in jackets but I am afraid that will be too big.

Respected Contributor

@GraceCO

Lol. I've read and re-read Louis's comments. Still confused because of the difference in numerical (trench) vs letter sizing (new jacket). Like Dianne, prefer longer sleeves. Thinking of ordering the XS, but don't want it too big.
Trusted Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

To me, swing coats always reminded me of ponchos with sleeves. I also like the trench coat design in the longer coat. I like coats that are semi fitted to my body. Swing coats do not look good on my body type.

I do have several lighter weight trench coats-- one from  Macy's DKNY in black and one from JCP St. John's Bay line in navy.

A swing jacket of that length is not a good look on my busty body type.  Adds 15 lbs instantly.  Double breasted and the shorter length is a dealbreaker for me.

Honored Contributor

@NJgirl 1205

I have looked and looked at that jacket and it in no way looks like a swing jacket to me.  I probably would wear the jacket open so the double breasted does not bother me (I am also busty).  I have a green cotton double breasted jacket Louis did a few years ago and love it. 

Trusted Contributor

@GraceCO wrote:

Looking at the photos, it doesn't appear to have a lot of fabric in back, like a swing jacket. I'm sure once we see it modeled that will become clearer. Seeing is believing.

I'll never understand why QVC makes up their own descriptions, instead of relying on what the designer says about his design.

I don't like swing jackets on me.  I agree with you wholeheartedly about QVC not going with the designer's description... quite misleading.  I have ordered the navy in my regular size, so we shall see.

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Respected Contributor

I also ordered the Navy jacket in my regular size.  I'm tall and very thin, so I don't think I'd have any problem with a swing jacket.  I have two of the wool swing coats already.

Super Contributor

This jacket does not look like a true swing jacket to me either in style or measurement. I'm a bit on the fence about sizing too ... tried comparing my plus sizes to all the other Linea I have that's even close ... in my size the measurements come closest to the wool boucle jacket, which for me fit more as an a-line. I think I'll go with the same size as that. It's definitely not as much of a swing as the cotton solid color houndstooth jacquard weave that came in so many colors. I tried to compare to the cobalt blue cotton double breasted Linea jacket (also came in a kelly green and ...?) but that jacket is long gone from here ... and it's also gone from my order records ??? Thanks Q, sigh ... 

Esteemed Contributor

This looks nothing like a "swing" jacket to me. It doesn't have volume at the hem and looks rather tailored.

Leave it to QVC to cause so much confusion! Hopefully LDO will clarify when he's on later today.

I ordered the white in my usual Linea non-knit, woven fabric size which is small. I'm only concerned about sleeve length which is always an issue for me!

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat