Respected Contributor

The Extra Button! Steaming! And Cat Hair!

I was steaming my new black coat A284133 this a.m. and a large bump in the side seam was noticeable when it was lying flat.  It's one of the gold hammered buttons sewn in to the coat in case you lose one!  Great as these would be impossible to match, and they are expensive too.

Now the debate, which I always have, should I leave it in the coat or cut it out and put it away for possible future use?  This time I left it in.  As I get older I hate to try and remember where I put these things.....or even where I put the container that holds extra buttons.

I have the black coat and the scarlet one in a larger size is on the way.  However, have a mostly white cat.  This black fabric was already laden with many pieces of lint, dust, and cat hair just from trying it on when it arrived last week.  It will be an ongoing work project to keep it pristine, perhaps an impossibility.  

I think when I skipped the gorgeous white version of this coat I was worried about getting it dirty easily, makeup on the color, but maybe having white gabardine and a white cat makes sense!  

The fabric steamed beautifully, any packaging fold lines came right out and it looks wonderful.  Hope to wear it this week.

Respected Contributor

Re: The Extra Button! Steaming! And Cat Hair!

@author  Maybe if you'd gotten the white coat, you could have had a white fur coat at no extra charge!  I used to have an all black cat, and I have to say that was better for me, as I don't wear many white clothes, but I do wear a lot of darker colors.  The guy I have now is dark gray tabby with white trim (paws and chest), but he has long fur!  I never had a long fur cat before, and that stuff clings to everything!  All I have to do is give him a little hug, and it's stuck in my eyelashes and in my lipstick............sheesh!

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

I keep a lint roller right in the closet where I keep my coats. When I get out my black or red one I just run the roller over them and it takes a couple of minutes and I am good to go and the coats look great. I don't have a cat or a dog that sheds but I am sure it would help with that also.

Trusted Contributor

Very pretty coat! Does the collar lay flat or always stays up?

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

I always take them off, but I store them in the same place so I know where they are. Your sewing box or jewelry box are good storage spots of all these extra buttons that come on items. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Valued Contributor

@Mimi 1883  The collar will stand up or lie down nicely--it makes a small flat lapel with one button open and an equally nice larger lapel-look with two buttons open.  I like it standing with one button unbuttoned, or the lapel-look with one or two top buttons unbuttoned.  It looks great all three ways in my opinion!!

KK

Honored Contributor

Pet owners should own one of these lint brushes.  I couldn't exist without them...I buy in quanity and give many as gifts.  They last forever.  They remove all the pet hair and fuzzies and store it in a little compartment.  Empty when full.  QVC carried them at one time, now I get them on Amazon or eBay.  I use one on the comforter on my bed every day and it's been going strong for several years.

20161024_172103.png

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624

Thanks so much!  I'm definitely getting this, looks great.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@2blonde wrote:

@author  Maybe if you'd gotten the white coat, you could have had a white fur coat at no extra charge!  I used to have an all black cat, and I have to say that was better for me, as I don't wear many white clothes, but I do wear a lot of darker colors.  The guy I have now is dark gray tabby with white trim (paws and chest), but he has long fur!  I never had a long fur cat before, and that stuff clings to everything!  All I have to do is give him a little hug, and it's stuck in my eyelashes and in my lipstick............sheesh!

@2blonde - Why do I somehow get the feeling that you're really not too bothered by what I've bolded. ;-)  Same with @author and her cat hairs. :-)