Super Contributor

Stalking Stories

[ Edited ]

We have all missed out on buying a jacket or sweater that we have wanted. We hope against hope that it will be reordered, but it isn't. We have stalked the item on qvc and ebay. What have we learned?

I'm one of the lucky ones to have the quilted jacket in both black and alabaster. I meant to order it in the red, but put it off (hopefully I have learned my lesson) and to my shock it sold out in my size. So I have been stalking it for a few weeks now.

This morning at seven o'clock I clicked on the quilted jacket and there was a navy one in my size (not my red Smiley Sad ) that I snatched up. This navy one wasn't there at 11 o'clock last night because I looked.

I have previously thought that they put the returns in the system overnight, so I always look first thing in the morning,  What do you all think? What tricks of the trade do you use?

Honored Contributor

I have to agree with stalking items either overnight or early AM or Sunday during the early morning hours.

Some who use desktops or I Pads put the item in question in their favorites or task bar and click on it during a 24 hour period. 

I know some companies will e mail you if an item returns to stock -- I don't think the Q does this or has the capability to do so.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

I just posted about a Linea necklace that was sold out and not reordered. Louis says that's how it will be with jewelry.

I keep items on my wishlist even if it says "sold out." I've gotten quite a few things without "stalking." Also the wish list will say "lunch time special."

I don't know if there's any rhyme or reason when items appear because I suspect everything is computer driven.

I have found some Linea in the "Nightime Specials." I think these start at 10p.m. est.

Esteemed Contributor

I have successfully stalked two pieces in the past, the asymmetrical hem button down top and the quilted jacket both in alabaster.  I also kept them on my wishlist and checked back frequently until lo and behold my size popped up while I was at work both times so I just figured it was meant to be.

Respected Contributor

I have successfully stalked 3 LInea items and was able to purchase in my size months after their presentation.  The Alabaster quilted front sweater, alabaster short sleeve sweater and a black swing sweater.  I basically check several times daily for months.  These particular items were well worth my efforts.  But it is a nuisance!