Trusted Contributor

Sneak Peek: Crepe Gauze Shirt/Jacket!

“THE CREPE GAUZE SHIRT/JACKET”

words19

…………………………..The CREPE GAUZE has become one of my favorite fabrics to work with. The reason I love it is it has a wonderful “hand” or feel and it is light in weight. It drapes beautifully and sews “cleanly”. By that I mean the seams and top stitching don’t pucker. It always looks smooth. It has a wonderful SLIGHT crepe texture which gives it character. Even though there is 3% span, the crepe weave has natural stretch. It tailors well for a basically soft fabric, and collars and band pockets always come out perfectly. It dyes beautifully which is a huge plus when selecting colors…….Above all, it looks EXPENSIVE……….The stand collar shirt/jacket/tunic with the asymmetric hem and band pockets will serve many purposes. Wear it as a SHIRT with nothing under it…..or as a JACKET with a tank or light shell under it…….It is unlined for maximum comfort………A287617 is the style number……………………….enjoy……………much Love……………….Louis

“THE BLACK STAND COLLAR SHIRT/JACKET/TUNIC”

mardi3

…………………………….The BLACK STAND COLLAR TUNIC WITH THE ASYMMETRICAL HEM, A287617, is made with the CREPE GAUZE. A simple clean tunic that is anything but simple. This button front tunic can be worn on its’ own as a wonderful light weight top, or double as a fly away cover up. It has a SWING silhouette with HANDKERCHIEF POINTS at the side. The xs is approx. 30 inches……..BAND POCKETS are always a welcome detail. The top/jacket is unlined for a breezy weightless feel………The 3/4 length sleeve has a little split at the bottom. The sizing is S,M,L…. Like all of the Linea products, this is beautifully sewn, and manufactured. It looks so much more expensive than it is…………………Wear it with BLACK or ALABASTER GAUZE long trousers, A276294, a WK PENCIL SKIRT, A273880, the ALABASTER slim pant [coming in July], or a pair of leggings or Capri pant for a more relaxed look. It’s also perfect over a sheath dress. I know many of you will wear it with a tank  your favorite slim jeans. I’m sure you will find hundreds of things you can wear it with…….There isn’t anything more perfect to accessorize the BLACK top with than the new WOOD and MIXED BEAD necklace in the BLACK/GOLD and the ALABASTER/GOLD/BLACK, [both shown above]. Add bold color for a more summertime look…..I know this will quickly become one of your new favorites YEAR ROUND…………………………….enjoy………..much Love…………..Louis

“THE LINEN STAND COLLAR SHIRT/JACKET TUNIC”

mardi5

………………I love the color of natural linen so I asked the dyers to come as close as possible to the natural color. I think they did a marvelous job. There are so many things you can wear with this neutral color. I chose to keep it all soft and languid with a pair of vintage Linea Ivory crepe pants. The TURQUOISE/GOLD SEED BEAD necklace adds just the right accent…..reminiscent  of American Indian colors………………….If you love your neutrals with a dash of color you will love this combination………………………enjoy……………………..much Love…………………………..Louis

“THE AQUA MIST STAND COLLAR TUNIC”

mardi6

………………………………….You have all fallen in love with………AQUA MIST, and have asked what else the color was coming in……………Gauze Crepe and Aqua Mist is the perfect combination……a soft beautiful color paired with a soft flowing fabric……..This top/jacket is about comfort……..Wear it closed or totally open over your favorite WK pieces. Perhaps you have the new WK BLACK TANK TUNIC and any of the BLACK WK PENCIL SKIRTS to give you a two piece dress. That would be wonderful under the new Aqua Mist “jacket”.. I have it shown with the slim pant in the charcoal grey, A265615, shown at the left, or the new BLACK CROP GAUZE PANT for a very modern of of the moment look……The BLACK/GUNMETAL/GOLD seed bead necklace elevates the entire look…….making it pure DESIGNER…………………………………enjoy………….much Love…………………Louis

“THE PALE PINK STAND COLLAR TUNIC”

mardi4

………………………….PALE PINK…………..this is a dreamy fragile color. It is the exact color of the Pale Pink Crepe Gauze tunic, A276293 from last year [shown above]. If you have been looking for just the right cover up for your tunic……look no more…..it’s here……If you already own the PALE PINK CREPE GAUZE DRESS, A276299……this jacket it the perfect match to wear over it on chilly nights……..Unfortunately, what you don’t get from the stagnant pictures is how flowy and flattering this tunic/jacket is. You will just have to try it on to see for yourself……………………………enjoy……………………..much Love……………………….Louis

Trusted Contributor

Re: Sneak Peek: Crepe Gauze Shirt/Jacket!

I love everything about this shirt/jacket except the hem- getting a little bored with that silhouette.

Respected Contributor

I'm in for the Black for sure!  Possibly the Linen too.

So Eileen Fisher - but at a fracton of the price!

Respected Contributor

I really like this jacket, like the fabric and all the details, the silhouette!  I'm thinking aqua mist, but I also like the first top and might have to get one of those too.  Lovely, and modern, and great fabric.

Trusted Contributor

Aren't the necklaces shown to die for?!

Respected Contributor

I love everything about it, and think the hem makes it new. I don't think a straight bottom would have the same effect. The gauze crepe is a wonderful fabric. Have to have the pink and black for sure. I have the pink dress so this is perfect. I really like the aqua mist and linen. Oh my.

Esteemed Contributor

This is an easy no for me.  I'm not crazy about the hemline because I think it's too exaggerated.  The length is too long even for me...30" in the xs and I have to wonder if that is the length of the front or the sides.  I don't need black...I wish he had done a deep/darker color instead of black (but not navy...his navy might as well be black).  And, finally, I don't wear any of the other pale, washed out colors.  

On one hand, it's disappointing; on the other hand, I save my money.  Holding out for the pebble crepe tunic(s).

I hope those who get this, love it and wear it in good health!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Esteemed Contributor

This one is too long for my 5'2".  All of you taller ladies, enjoy!

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

The Q photos have it shut and I would wear it open. I like the pale pink to go with the pale pink sleeveless top, BUT I ordered down one size as I prefer a closer fit for me. The relaxed fit looks too casual IMO. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

@JustJazzmom  I think I just posted re this jacket this on wrong thread!  Noticed you sized down I checked click one and it looks quite roomy to the point where the bust and across shoulder seam to seam size in small looks like my size but I am normally size large in most brands - the 44" bust in medium too big but maybe this is not noticeable in this type of relaxed fit?  Never gone down 2 sizes not sure what size to order now.  Like you prefer more fitted look.

Any opinions gladly received.