Respected Contributor

Re: Sleeveless Wing collar blouse up for ordering!

@shoesnbags
I look forward to your review!! I'm usually an XXS in Linea items but needed an XS in the wing collar shirt (and other non stretchy items like the denim vest). Have been wavering between 4 and 6 so your input will help a lot! Smiley Happy
Esteemed Contributor

Oh boy, add me to the list of confused and concerned about ordering the correct size...

To me, the armhole measurement is larger in relation to the bust size especially when comparing to the previous garments I have. Then the larger sweep. Hmmmm 

I too do not want to err in ordering either.

(I can't disengage this underline feature. Sorry bout that. I'm in my car charging my phone. Big power outage here with 800,000 homes having been affected. And it's getting cold.  Ooh, there that worked) Blinding glare out here.) 

I have my order on check. Want to see this live. Called CS to adjust the buy more and save and oddly was told it wouldn't apply until the item aired??? Ah no, it's available now. Believe it or not this conversation went round and round and round. Even when she looked at the item# and saw this BMSM offered too. I had to reorder and show her the discount applied. I was nice, she was a nice rep but maybe hadn't had her morning coffee? Never a dull moment, eh. Watch, it'll go ez pay tomorrow. 

I hope this sizing issue will work itself out for everyone. Also, I considered shrinkage due to the high cotton content. I fluff dry for a few minutes in the dryer and hang to complete drying. Anybody else take this into consideration? 

Esteemed Contributor

I decided to put my two on check hold as well until I see the presentation tomorrow and the buy more save more worked.

Contributor

I generally order a 2X and didn't know whether to get the 24 or the 26 based on the fit guide. I went with the 24 and it fits just right. I think if I had gotten the larger one the armholes might have been too big.

Esteemed Contributor

@crazycockermom wrote:
@shoesnbags
I look forward to your review!! I'm usually an XXS in Linea items but needed an XS in the wing collar shirt (and other non stretchy items like the denim vest). Have been wavering between 4 and 6 so your input will help a lot! Smiley Happy

@crazycockermom

My size 6 arrived and has been tried on.   I also spread it out on the bed on top of my older XS Linea sleeveless shirt (A254311).  This size 6 matches the XS across the chest and across the bottom (sweep) perfectly, in spite of the differering click here measurements.  BUT the armhole openings are a full inch and a half deeper than the previous sleeveless shirt.  I can't wear this 6, because the arm opening is way too big for me.  I am VERY DISAPPOINTED to say the least.  I'm going to order one more shirt in a 4, just in case it might fit, but I really think the 4 is going to be a little bit too snug.  Honestly, words escape me on this one.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Contributor

The sleeveless blouse is now on easy pay.

Respected Contributor

@shoesnbags
Smiley Sad
I'm so bummed for you, and myself. I'm not sure what I'll do. Did you see the pic of Jac wearing it? After seeing that pic I was afraid the arm opening may be too small. I don't like gaping arm holes but I don't like them digging in my arm pits either. I've had to size up in certain tops because of that.

That is weird the armholes on yours are so much bigger. I'm so sorry it didn't work for you. Like others,I was so looking forward to this shirt and not sure I even want to take a chance on it anymore.

Thanks for sharing how it fit you. I do hope the 4 works out.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Armhole height is so important! The measurement on the 10 is 8.03(?) Way too large for me -- you would see the sides if the bra is you raised your arms upward! Eight inches is usually my maximum on that length.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Trusted Contributor

I thought Louis said the armhole was going to be bra friendly? Mine have not even shipped yet. I will post when they come about the armhole height. 

Esteemed Contributor

@crazycockermom

I just looked at the picture of Jac, and you're right.  The armholes look downright tight.  I don't understand how that could be, given that she's wearing an XS too.  Hard to believe those are the same armholes!

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett