Respected Contributor

Re: Sleeveless Wing collar blouse up for ordering!

@Marlyn1 wrote:

If this suggestion helps, I never close the bottom button or two on shirts. I just like the look of it.

Thanks @Marlyn1.  I was thinking of unbuttoning the bottom button if it was at all snug.  That's how Jac has it in the picture (I think she may have the top one unbuttoned too) but she is sitting.   Since I'm looking at this as a work shirt, I just want to be sure it doesn't look sloppy with that unbuttoned, but probably it would be fine.

Respected Contributor

@GraceCO wrote:

I don't get why they did this shirt in numerical sizing. Whenever they do--whether it's shirts or pants--it invites confusion and lots of returns. History is prologue, as they say. What a hassle.

I agree @GraceCO but that seems to be QVC's decision, and I'm not sure why they are going in that direction (although it has probably been explained somewhere on the boards).  If I decide to get this, and it doesn't fit properly, I will really have to re-think future Linea purchases, which is a shame. 

Honored Contributor

@GraceCO wrote:

I don't get why they did this shirt in numerical sizing. Whenever they do--whether it's shirts or pants--it invites confusion and lots of returns. History is prologue, as they say. What a hassle.

I totally agree with you! Why are so many items in letter sizing and a few select items are in numerical sizing? People will say it's for a more exact fit, but this is a sleeveless blouse! The only measurements that are important are length, sweep and crossback set in sleeve. 

Numbers make many of us crazy when we attempt to order our size and then we never ever see these items again because of the return ratio,

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Valued Contributor

I took a few minutes to go through my selection of Linea woven sleeveless summer tops.  I tried them on and then measured them.  I have some styles in xs and other styles in small.  The design most similiar to the new sleeveless top is A254311.  If you have that one it might help you decide which size to order. I have it in turquoise and also black.  There may have been a third color.

Esteemed Contributor

@breee wrote:

I took a few minutes to go through my selection of Linea woven sleeveless summer tops.  I tried them on and then measured them.  I have some styles in xs and other styles in small.  The design most similiar to the new sleeveless top is A254311.  If you have that one it might help you decide which size to order. I have it in turquoise and also black.  There may have been a third color.

@breeeI have A254311 in turquoise and brown XS - a perfect fit for me. I compared "click here" measurements on this one vs. the new wing collar sleeveless. The XS chest size (37")  matches a size 6, but the size 6 bottom measurement is 2 inches larger than an XS.  Hard to use the measurements when they are so different!  (Length is approximately the same on both blouses.)

I ordered one size 6 with express delivery to check the size before ordering more colors.  It's supposed to arrive Friday, but shipping info shows it still in PA.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Contributor

Buy more/ save more today.  Save $5 on each additional purchase!  Hope I chose the correct size since 3 of them are now on their way to me!

Esteemed Contributor

@makp- I just saw that too I guess I will order the white and aqua and hope that I ordered the right size.  The one review posted seems like she ordered up a size which is what I did with his button front shirts with the pocket.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm waiting for delivery of my shirt today--I did what the reviewer did & express-shipped to see what size would work. Hope I guessed right. Can't wait to get it!

I read the review, and although she chose to keep the larger of her two sizes, she found armhole issues with BOTH sizes and had to "pin" the larger one. UGH. I'm hoping this isn't a problem across all sizes of this shirt.

Again, the numerical sizing is always a problem, whether it's a shirt or pants, resulting in high returns. To pick this shirt--one we requested and are excited about getting--to do in numerical sizes is beyond frustrating.

Respected Contributor

@GraceCO
I do agree with how frustrating this is. If possible, please report back how yours fits.

Does anyone know...if we do a check hold order, then change it to a credit card order, can we change that order at all, like size or quantity? But without losing the buy more save more pricing? Hope that makes sense.
Esteemed Contributor

@crazycockermom

I'm awaiting delivery on my express order today too, and I'll post immediately.  I'm an XS who ordered a size 6 - but maybe need the 4.  Anyway, I'll post about the fit of the 6 later today when it arrives. I want all of the colors but am flummoxed by the numerical sizing.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett