Respected Contributor

Size for swing cardigan A287864

[ Edited ]

I'm getting the swing cardigan A287864 in scarlet. I want to wear it over the scarlet tneck.

I wear a S in wk's. I read the reviews and many people said to size down.

Does anyone have the tneck and swing sweater and if so did you stay true to your regular size or did you size down?

Am sending jacket back. I got a 6 instead of the 8 I ordered. Decided to get swing sweater instead. The scarlet in the sweater is the perfect red for me. Jacket a little too blue for me and it is a splurge.

Also when I looked in my closet I have a stunning bright red Victor Costa jacket I never wear.

Went to a new doctor Friday. Was wearing a red tshirt and a red and white cotton flared skirt. Red slippers. He walked in and said, "Wow, do you always wear red?" I pulled my red hat out of my purse and he, his nurse and I started laughing. Definitely broke the ice. He recommended a med that is "highly" thought of.

Red is my lucky color. I swear wearing it helped dodge a traffic ticket this summer.

I met three of the most special men in my life wearing red. A friend of mine said I should just wear red all the time.

I already have a red peacoat, long red trapeze swing coat and a red cape. Maybe I should spend more time outdoors this winter. (and ditch the black 30degree long LE parka.)

Respected Contributor

Re: Size for swing cardigan A287864

I generally take a medium in Louis's whisper knit sweaters. But in the swing cardigan I sized down to a small.  I initially ordered the medium, but sent it back for the small. It was just too voluminous. Just so you know I need a medium in the boat neck swing sweater as well as the turtleneck swing sweater.  If I were you I might purchase the XS in the swing cardigan.

Respected Contributor

Thank you. Can you get the smaller size over a wkTneck?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lavendar

Yes easily!  I was smart to size down. It is hard to buy from televsion or the internet without trying on.  I feel with Linea that Louis is the best.  Louis being a 3 time Coty Award winner knows how to fit and drape clothing for a woman's body. The celebrity faux designers do not have this expertise.  

Super Contributor

@lavendar wrote:

Thank you. Can you get the smaller size over a wkTneck?

I also wear a Small in WK. I sized down to XS in the Scarlet Swing Cardigan, and it goes easily over the Scarlet TN in Small. The Swing Cardigan just runs large  -- the XS Swing Cardigan fits like you would expect a Small to fit.

I think you'll be fine with the XS Swing Cardigan over the Small TN. The Scarlet is great for us RED girls!