Esteemed Contributor

Re: See the new colors! Swing Cardigan

Taupe looks like a putty color.

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Esteemed Contributor

@MacDUFF This will make you even crazier. I originally answered your post using my desktop computer. On that monitor, the sneak peek looked blue/green, pretty accurate. Now I'm on my iPad, and the sneak peek looks COBALT.   So I can see why you would think mallard blue is a cobalt shade. But as I said, it's really a blue/green shade ( more like your bottom color swatch). 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

Maybe I ought to shift gears and try the taupe, which I swear someone on the boards said it was more brown which I can wear...I think of taupe as a beige-y griege-y muted color...and, if it has even a hint of tan/gold/yellow/off white in it won't work.  I can't take much more of this, I tell ya!

I bought the swing sweater and the turtleneck in taupe...it's more gray...no yellow or gold in it at all.

I'm going to wear rose gold or bronzo chains with it.

Esteemed Contributor

@shoesnbags

Thank you for saying that...I also caught your edit about the Q swatch...I logged off last night and started wondering if my eyes were no longer able to make the fine shading distinctions LOL!  I'm just glad I'm not losing it!  I guess I'm going to bite the try-on bullet and get the mallard...however, Murphy's Law dictates that I'll love the color, but it won't fit whaaaaaaaaaaaaa!  If that happens, trust me, my rant will be epic!!

Thanks again for all your help.

Esteemed Contributor

@terrier3

Thank you for the details about the taupe...medium grays are tricky on me.  I saw Kate wearing it in the video...such a classy pairing with the t-neck.  Wear it in good health!

Super Contributor

Hi, MacDuff! I have the Mallard swing cardigan, and it is VERY close to the Linea Petrol Blue items I have, just the slightest bit lighter. It's definitely not Cobalt, but it is way more blue than green. It's beautiful.

Esteemed Contributor

@2E wrote:

Hi, MacDuff! I have the Mallard swing cardigan, and it is VERY close to the Linea Petrol Blue items I have, just the slightest bit lighter. It's definitely not Cobalt, but it is way more blue than green. It's beautiful.

@2E

Thank you!  Do you (or does anyone) have an item # for anything that came in petrol blue?  Just from what I remember, the petrol blue looked quite like...wait for it wait for it...cobalt blue!  I'm sorry!  I'm annoying myself, too LOL.  I somewhat remember petrol because I remember thinking it looked very much like an EF color I had from a couple winters ago...crystal blue...a very clear, bright blue...which I absolutely loved.  

I haven't yet bitten the try-on bullet for the mallard...I was thinking of putting it on a check hold closer to the 29th and checking out the live presentation before making a decision.

Now, however, I'm wondering if the sizing problems on the swing cardi have been corrected!  Per the click here measurements, the med should be a bit snug on me, but it was big.  SIGH.

Can you tell me about the mallard sizing?  (I know, I know...I'm a PITA!)

Thanks for helping!

@anniebethsmom  My humble apologies for hogging your thread!

Trusted Contributor

Wk scoop neck tank in petrol blue is A-237404.
Super Contributor

MacDuff, I have the Petrol Blue A257384 Calf-Length Skirt, and the A257373 Open Front Cardigan. The Zip-Front Cardigan A257380 is also in Petrol Blue. To my eye, the Petro/Mallard leans more to a deep, jewel tone of turquoise-ish blue, rather than the clear, "hot" blue typically called Cobalt. Both are beautiful, but the Petrol/Mallard isn't quite as bright/intense in tone as Cobalt.

As for sizing, many of us found the Swing Cardigan to run large. I'm typically a Small in WK sweaters, but needed the XS in this one.

Esteemed Contributor

Anybody receive the Dark Umber yet? Is it as rich as the sneak peek photos? Crossing my fingers!  Mine will be coming this week. 

Much Thanks!