Trusted Contributor

See the new colors! Swing Cardigan

“THE SCARLET RED CARDIGAN”

swing cardi2

……………………………..The SWING WK ENR CARDIGAN, A267864, is back, and I know many of you didn’t wait a second to order it in the new……SCARLET RED!…..along with the new SCARLET RED WK TN, A72448…….and what a gorgeous red it is……..It has to be a very special color to  be named SCARLET!……….The simplest way to wear it is over black, but the choices of black bottoms are endless…..leggings, slim pants, wide leg pants like the CREPE GAUZE, the boot cut Super Ponte pant above, A268216,  and the new GAUCHO pant for a very modern of the moment look. Skirts….you bet….from the WK MILANO STITCH pencil skirt, A273880 to a slim mid calf or maxi…….My novelty Black and White tweed skirt, A268135, will look fabulous with Scarlet Red! Don’t think for one second that black is your only choice…..Charcoal Grey, Dk Brown, Hunter Green and Olive etc….all look great with red……Navy for winter and spring along with Ivory make this a seasonless color……..Metal color of your choice…..SILVER above, Gold or Gun Metal…..It’s September so it’s never to early to start thinking about the Holidays coming up…….REMEMBER…..there will be a WK SKIRT in Scarlet Red later in the season……What a Holiday look that will be!………………………….enjoy……………..much Love……………….Louis

“THE MALLARD BLUE CARDIGAN”

swing cardi

………………….MALLARD BLUE is a vivid rich color to brighten up dreary winter days. Wear it with a white wing collar shirt and black or charcoal grey boot cut pants, A268216, and you will stand out on the darkest days……Remember….your clothes must work for you, and you must come up with ways to wear them all year long…..To the right is your WINTER LOOK…….Add a jewel neck or TN if you choose…..To the left is your SPRING/SUMMER LOOK……Add a lime tank, white pants or your Ivory WK SKIRT, A237880, and you have now extended the life of your MALLARD BLUE CARDIGAN, A267864……………….I have tried to capture the color of a Mallard’s feathers, but the color is very illusive……..In a certain light it’s a deep color….in another it’s vivid and bright……..That is the color I was trying to capture………..I know some of you can’t take your eyes away from the Lime and Gold seed Bead necklace……..I am working on getting it back for you next spring……..but I want to illustrate how accent colors, in this case Lime and Gold, can give your Mallard Cardigan an entirely different look…………………enjoy…………much Love……………Louis

THE DARK UMBER CARDIGAN”

swing cardi1

………………………………DARK UMBER……………..is one of the newest colors to be added to the ever growing list of Linea colors………Dark. Molasses, Deep Root Beer, Dark Caramel, Dark Vicuna, can all be used to describe this rich new neutral…….Due to its’ depth of color I think it can work on many complexions and hair colors. Black of course is  natural color to wear with it, but I like the softness of the HEATHER CHARCOAL GREY WK TN, A72448, and the HCG boot cut pant, A268216. The GUNMETAL RIBBON NECKLACE, J331643, sets it off perfectly. When Jac saw it on my form she immediately said, “OOh that looks so expensive”….enough said……………………….enjoy…………………..much Love………………………….Louis

Trusted Contributor

I Re: See the new colors! Swing Cardigan

I just received 6 Louis tops that were on sale.  As always they are so well made and the knits are beautiful. Most were basic neutral colors but I stepped out of my box and got a Whisper Knit zip cardi in nutmeg.  I love it and the color.  I will be watching for his next show.  I do not need more neutrals as his clothes last a long time.  I will be looking at the new colors as I know there will be another I should branch out and try.   I also enjoy seeing how he styles the models.  I have some of his jewelry and look forward to ideas.

Respected Contributor

Re: I Re: See the new colors! Swing Cardigan

@Gram W

I love my Linea whisper knit zip up cardigan in Nutmeg also. As I live in Chicago  I also purchased the Linea WK Nutmeg scarf for cold days.  In winter it is a nice outfit.  Be careful with th zipper there are a lot of complaints.  I never unzip the zipper I just pull it over my head.  It is a great sweater and such a flattering slimming style.

Trusted Contributor

Years ago my grandmother told me to gently run a brick of paragon wax up and down on uncooperative zippers so that they would glide more easily.  It has always worked for me.  If I have no wax handy I use a bar of soap.  I also do not unzip all the way sweaters and tops that I never wear open.  Thanks for the heads up.  Enjoy, as will I.

Respected Contributor

Re: See the new colors! Swing Cardigan

All of this wonderful clothing from Louis.   Too bad it is still so warm so it cannot be worn.

Respected Contributor

@Gram W wrote:

I just received 6 Louis tops that were on sale.  As always they are so well made and the knits are beautiful. Most were basic neutral colors but I stepped out of my box and got a Whisper Knit zip cardi in nutmeg.  I love it and the color.  I will be watching for his next show.  I do not need more neutrals as his clothes last a long time.  I will be looking at the new colors as I know there will be another I should branch out and try.   I also enjoy seeing how he styles the models.  I have some of his jewelry and look forward to ideas.

@Geller Girl

I did the same thing!  I got that zip front cardi in Nutmeg, not at all something I'd usually order, and it is really amazing, beautiful rich color that will go with lots of colors as well as black.  It looks wonderful with a deep teal.  I love it!  

I am considering the swing cardi (which I have in 3 colors already) in Scarlet to branch out even more, yikes, what is happening?  Turning 70 did it I guess.  But am loving being a bit more adventurous with style and colors.

The zip front cardi A257830 is fabulous if any of you want another WK but on sale, perfect for this time of year. 

Esteemed Contributor

@author - I think you mean item# A257380 I ordered the Petrol blue to go with the matching skirt I already own. 

Esteemed Contributor

LOVE the WK swing cardi- maybe my fave WK ever. I have it in two colors. Not loving the new ones. I was hoping for a darker, richer, cool blue/red for fall/ winter. Maybe on the next reorder. Enjot if the new colors work for you!

Trusted Contributor

Ordered all three! Scarlet for football games, mallard for basketball games (different teams!) and dark umber because the boot cut ponte pants will come in dark umber in Oct.
Respected Contributor

@Luvitorleaveit1 wrote:

@author - I think you mean item# A257380 I ordered the Petrol blue to go with the matching skirt I already own. 

@Luvitorleaveit1

Yes I did mean that - every time I type numbers I turn them around; you'd think I'd learn!