Respected Contributor

Re: Scarlet Red "Yeah, Baby" 2.0

@rochelleS

I'm totally on your "yeah, baby, scarlet red" team! Heart it. Picked up all the new pieces...quilted jacket, WK turtleneck & swing sweater--plus the Kate shirt and the woven tunic Cady shirt, which is called "red" but is the same shade as the scarlet red.

And...Sounds like we'll see more of it in the coming months, according to Louis. (Be still, my heart.) A WK skirt and a coat!!! Maybe more, who knows?

Respected Contributor

@GraceCO - If I remember correctly - there is also going to be WK Poncho in Red.

Respected Contributor

@Seka wrote:

@GraceCO - If I remember correctly - there is also going to be WK Poncho in Red.

Oh, yeah! Thanks, @Seka How could I forget the red poncho?!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have the T in scarlet. It's the same Tneck that Louis did a few years ago. And I just got the wing collar tunic A268129. It's a perfect match. A steal on sale.

I love red. I always have a red winter coat (actually I have two: a peacoat and a dressier wool trapeze full length that came back in style last year.)

Can you wear red? I am fair with pink undertones with dark blonde hair with highlights. Green eyes. Haircolor doesn't matter for me; it was a light brown with red highlights before I started coloring it at fifty. I'm seventy two.

I remember having my colors done (many times) and having a bolt of fabric put under my face. Try it. I never learned anything but I never paid anyone to do it.

I can't wear the beautiful neutrals but look best in jewel tones. I really don't understand this because I had an aunt with the same coloring I have and she looked stunning in alabaster, etc. But she was the most perfectly groomed woman I've ever known; I swear she willed "class act neutrals" to work.

It could be hair; hers was a gorgeous frosted ash. I did borrow a dress from her for a black tie event that was peach and I did pull it off. I was going blonder by then. I think that was the only neutral I've ever worn.

I'll get the skirt but skip the poncho. I have no shoulders; I'm  short and ponchos make me look like I "just got off the boat" (from the old country.)

I haven't bought the swing sweater or quilted jacket because I'm on a budget. The scarlet weakened my reserve.

Esteemed Contributor

@Maxine49

LOL!  You are just too funny with the hair dye!

No offense @crazycockermom, just a good friendly chuckle!

Talk about timing, yep great minds do think alike. Yet Louis teaches me to look at my (bulging) closet with different eyes. I get the biggest kick when complimented utilizing his lessons.

Esteemed Contributor

@GraceCO wrote:

@rochelleS

I'm totally on your "yeah, baby, scarlet red" team! Heart it. Picked up all the new pieces...quilted jacket, WK turtleneck & swing sweater--plus the Kate shirt and the woven tunic Cady shirt, which is called "red" but is the same shade as the scarlet red.

And...Sounds like we'll see more of it in the coming months, according to Louis. (Be still, my heart.) A WK skirt and a coat!!! Maybe more, who knows?

@GraceCO I am right there with you and everyone else l♡ving this scarlet red! My red Kate shirt has been delivered, off to the mailbox. Big Grin.

Esteemed Contributor

@Marlyn1 wrote:

Dear Rochelle, I agree with you all the way. The new scarlet red is beautiful. I also have the TN and swing cardigan and just received the quilted jacket. I hope he does another sweater in this red, and I am on line for the red WK skirt whenever it shows up. 

@Marlyn1 Did you gasp when you opened the package?  I assume it was the quilted jacket that arrived first. Was that what sent you head over heels for this color? I passed on the jacket as I've picked up several vintage LDO pieces on eBay. Some nwt suedes, leather and boucle. Remember the vintage embroidered walker in black, green and a cheery cherry red. Gorgeous coat, never fails to receive compliments. Is the new coat coming similar?  A longer version of the jewel tone boucles from bout 3 ish years ago? And a poncho...I can be a cowgirl and red riding hood in this color.

Respected Contributor

@rochelleS, Sheesh, tzatke...

Thanks for your opinions! I like the idea of a torsade. One in black may be good. Or the new ribbon necklace. I've never really had my colors done but I know I'm a spring. Unfortunately when I googled that I saw there are now subcategories and I can't figure out if I'm light, clear or warm. I do think I'm ok wearing a warm red and maybe a true red, but not a blue based red. As long as scarlet isn't too blue I should be ok. Smiley Happy
Respected Contributor

@crazycockermom wrote:
@rochelleS, Sheesh, tzatke...

As long as scarlet isn't too blue I should be ok. Smiley Happy

The Scarlet is not as Blue as the Ruby---I think it is quite "true"--only "leans" toward the Blue rather than the Yellow, IMO.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Honored Contributor

I have Louis' clothing in Chili Pepper and another red.  Is it possible for you to describe the difference in the "scarlet red"?     I did order the quilted jacket in navy and it should be here soon.