Esteemed Contributor

@breee wrote:

@breee wrote:

@breee wrote:

I ordered two dresses and one cardigan in the same order. It shows one dress shipped on May 12. I thought it would be updated showing the other two shipped, but nothing has changed within the past two days. The other two items still say in process.

Today it shows the other two items in that same order shipped on May 15th! 

I ordered the two dresses based on receipt of the sleeveless gauze crepe tunic of the size that fit.  I only ordered one of the Chanel like cardigans because I was unsure whether to order the xs or small. 

The length of the sleeve in the photo bothered me so I went with my smaller size.  I did order the xs in pink and hoped to receive it to check fit before placing an order for another size in a second color.  Since this order was so delayed, I did go ahead and order the black cardigan yesterday morning in the small. I read a response from Louis how different colors of the same item can vary in sizing.  So since this is the black it may be smaller than the pink.  Who knows?  I am waiting to receive both colors in two different sizes hoping for the best! 

I am also anxious to receive the sleeveless dresses. 

Different colors in the same item vary in size !,.  I have never heard of such a thing.  How is one then supposed to trust any of the given measurements?.

Honored Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

@breee wrote:

@breee wrote:

@breee wrote:

I ordered two dresses and one cardigan in the same order. It shows one dress shipped on May 12. I thought it would be updated showing the other two shipped, but nothing has changed within the past two days. The other two items still say in process.

I ordered the two dresses based on receipt of the sleeveless gauze crepe tunic of the size that fit.  I only ordered one of the Chanel like cardigans because I was unsure whether to order the xs or small. 

The length of the sleeve in the photo bothered me so I went with my smaller size.  I did order the xs in pink and hoped to receive it to check fit before placing an order for another size in a second color.  Since this order was so delayed, I did go ahead and order the black cardigan yesterday morning in the small. I read a response from Louis how different colors of the same item can vary in sizing.  So since this is the black it may be smaller than the pink.  Who knows?  I am waiting to receive both colors in two different sizes hoping for the best! 

Different colors in the same item vary in size !,.  I have never heard of such a thing.  How is one then supposed to trust any of the given measurements?.

It's probably due to how the dye is up taken by the fabric. So if you are unhappy with it, and the click here measurements do not match the exact garment contact C/S and tell them this, You can probably return the garment on the Q 's dime. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Super Contributor

I think a better way of phrasing it was two different colors could fit slightly different, not that they would be different sizes.

From Louis blog:

not surprised that one sweater could be slightly bigger than the other. There are lots of reasons for this. First darker colors absorb more dye to reach the depth of color making the yarn more “swollen” than paler colors. This can make the garment feel thicker and a little less stretchy. Also, when each panel is pressed before the garment is put together….it can happen that one sweater is slightly bigger than another even in the same color….there is a tolerance that is accepted…..there can be a difference but it should not be a large one. 

Valued Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

@breee wrote:

@breee wrote:

@breee wrote:

@KathyPet

Glad to see you on the forum.  I found what I read on LDO site and will paste it.

Louis Dell'Olio

Dear Goldie, I couldn’t be more pleased that you are happy with the sweaters. I also am not surprised that one sweater could be slightly bigger than the other. There are lots of reasons for this. First darker colors absorb more dye to reach the depth of color making the yarn more “swollen” than paler colors. This can make the garment feel thicker and a little less stretchy. Also, when each panel is pressed before the garment is put together….it can happen that one sweater is slightly bigger than another even in the same color….there is a tolerance that is accepted…..there can be a difference but it should not be a large one…….enjoy!

Valued Contributor

@moto wrote:

I think a better way of phrasing it was two different colors could fit slightly different, not that they would be different sizes.

From Louis blog:

not surprised that one sweater could be slightly bigger than the other. There are lots of reasons for this. First darker colors absorb more dye to reach the depth of color making the yarn more “swollen” than paler colors. This can make the garment feel thicker and a little less stretchy. Also, when each panel is pressed before the garment is put together….it can happen that one sweater is slightly bigger than another even in the same color….there is a tolerance that is accepted…..there can be a difference but it should not be a large one. 

@moto

I did not see you found the explanation. I could not find it last night.  I found this A.M. and then tried to find this thread. 

I agee your choice of the word fit is more appropriate.  Though my XS pink WK skirt is closer to measurements of S than XS.  I did snag another XS and hoping it is a little smaller FIT!  Thank you!

Valued Contributor

Update on my order placed the day of the show.  I had mentioned that it showed only l item (one of the dresses) had shipped and that I hoped all were combined in that package. Well it seems that one of the dresses was sent separately by mail earlier.  The other two items in that order, another dress and the new cardigan were sent by UPS on the 15th and show out for delivery today.  So I will most likely receive both dresses and the cardigan today.

BUT the order I placed later on the 12th should also be delivered today!

Valued Contributor

1jac:  do not cancel.  Be patient.  These cardigans are worth it.  Ordered all at the same time not long after midnight the day of the show, the black arrived yesterday and the pink and the khaki arrived today.  Very solid good looks.  I like the arm length also.  Hope you get yours soon.

Valued Contributor

Re: STILL WAITING

[ Edited ]

@TheOwl wrote:

1jac:  do not cancel.  Be patient.  These cardigans are worth it.  Ordered all at the same time not long after midnight the day of the show, the black arrived yesterday and the pink and the khaki arrived today.  Very solid good looks.  I like the arm length also.  Hope you get yours soon.

Well hello wise Owl!!!! So nice to hear from you.  I am actually awaiting two deliveries today, one for two wk cardigans and the other for the wide leg pants , that I misses out earlier due to my order shipped in error to another. It's almost 6pm, both deliveries still not here, even though one was marked ups premium red and the other ups express blue. I thought for a New York minute that I might get an earlier than usual delivery with all those colors . To no avail, I am still waiting. Will post my review. Thanks Owl for the encouragement. It is difficult to edit errors on this post. I apologize if it is grammatically  wrong, but it won't let me correct.

Respected Contributor

I have been hoping to wear one of the Chanel-like sweaters to an event on Friday.  I just checked tracking, and the package has just arrived at the UPS hub here.  I don't imagine I'll get the package tomorrow, but hopefully I'll get it by Thursday.  Now, I only hope that the sweaters aren't too big for me.  My other ENR WK cardigans are size small, and that's what I ordered in the new cardigans.  Some are saying that they run big.

Valued Contributor

Re: STILL WAITING

[ Edited ]

I received my orders from the show and an additional order placed on the 12th today.  All items fit well.  Very pleased!