Respected Contributor

Reviews on the 4/25 show

[ Edited ]

My things are finally starting to arrive, and they are all keepers. So far this is what I've gotten:

1-A276280 is the new gauze jacket. I got the black, white and fern. I had intended to keep two and send one back. That went out the window when I tried them on. I wear an xs in Linea, and it fit perfectly. I'm 5'9" and weigh between 128-132 pounds. The black and white are perfect and the fern will go with the draw string dress when it arrives. It also looks great with the slim olive pant, and my herringbone linen like pant in the sage from years back..

2-A276293 is the new crepe gauze tunic. I am in LOVE with this new fabric and I hope Louis does many things in this fabric. I ordered the xs and it's a perfect fit. This is a very classy looking top, and I will get alot of use out of it. I got the black and alabastor, my new favorite color. The armhole fits well and there is a wonderful drape to this fabric that is just very comfortable.

3-A276294 is the new gauze pant, and I got this in the black and alabaster to go with the tunic and to wear on their own. This is my new favorite pant. I got size 6 and the fit is perfect. The black pants on feel like nothing! I want 4 pair of these pants in black so I  am never without. The alabaster also looks wonderful. At first I thought they fit a little smaller than the black, but I realized it was the difference of these being lined. They really aren't smaller they just feel a little different. The best way I can describe it is with the alabaster pant you know you're wearing something, and the black are weightless.

4-A273880 is the new WK skirt, and I got all three colors in size xxs. He has to do this in every color it's that good. The perfectly pink matches all of my other p.p things, and I'm wearing it this weekend to a wedding dinner with my matching zip front cardigan with the lace sleeves.

5-J329563 is the Egyptian bead necklace. I got it in the blue, and it is just amazing. It is so different, and looks like nothing I have. It is definitely a statement, but it is not overwhelming. It's just beautiful. I tried it with the black tunic and gauze pant and it really looks wonderful.

6-J329589 is the seed bead necklace. I got this a few days ago and have already worn the black one twice. I also got the turquoise, but I'm saving it for warmer weather. If it ever comes back I will order the other colors. It really is a beauty, and it's a shame they ordered so few of them.

That is everything I got for now. I am still waiting for my other "in process" things to arrive. It really all looks wonderful and is everything you would expect from Linea. Louis is the best.

Respected Contributor

Re: Reviews on the 4/25 show

My order arrived and I LOVE the two things I received today, the new gauze jacket w/zip front A276280, and the long crepe tank, chiffon trim A276293.

They are perfection.  Honestly, on me they both look exactly as they did on the models as to fit.  The jacket is in Fern in my usual XL and wow, it is so well made, so flattering, and fits perfectly.  This is an unstructured soft suiting look, absolutely what I was looking for in my lifestyle now.  Zip and snaps worked perfectly.

I ordered up to a 1X in the long tank as I feared as a pear shape morphing into apple it would be snug around the middle and hips if I didn't.  I was correct, it fits as if custom made, hangs perfectly, skims the hips, and whittles the weight off.  I put the new gauze jacket over it (the chiffon peeked out at the bottom) and had on slim WWC ankle pants in black, and I had an instant outfit, looked as if some designer had made it for me, and well, I guess he did!  Thank you Louis!!

I am going to get another tank, haven't decided on pink or alabaster, either would work.  This is the kind of layering piece I desperately needed to update my look from long jackets/short tanks, bootcut pants, to slim pants with a long lean tank, and whatever jacket you want.  

Hope the pants are as fabulous when they arrive.

Honored Contributor

The only thing I ordered from this go around was the rayon tank in the olive.  I received it yesterday and love it.  I may go back for the black.  Hope I have better luck next show!

Valued Contributor

I received the black gauze jacket before the show so I knew I wanted more of that one. I also ordered another black. Only one snap on the jacket works. The other three have a difference in size between the post half of the snap and the socket half. I discovered this when I wore it the day of the show and tried to roll the sleeves and snap the tab in place. I'm hoping I'll read if someone else had the same -or find mine is just a fluke. If it is just the random luck of the draw to receive the one defective jacket, then I'll process the other black so that I have one that does have sleeves that secure in place when rolled. The sleeves do need the snap tabs. The fabric doesn't hold well in a cuff without them. I love the fabric and the style is terrific. Did anyone else get a black jacket that has non-functioning snaps?

Esteemed Contributor

Great reviews ladies I am so looking forward to my new items waiting for me when I get home.

I am disappointed about the seed necklace but hope that it will pop up soon.

Honored Contributor

yesterday, i received my button front jackets in the white and red.......now i REALLY want the navy, but i will probably wait until it gets marked down to get a third.

they were definitely customer returns, but in good shape other than being horribly wrinkled. i will try steaming them first to see if that helps.

i am glad i heard that jac went up a size or two in this jacket. i ordered up one size to a large and it fits well with a bit of room everywhere EXCEPT for the hip area.....my major problem area. it just fits in the hip area for me. very nice details, comfortable silky feel lining, and a jacket that you can keep on all day long without feeling like you are wearing a jacket or feeling too constricted. the white is a pure white and the red is a gorgeous lipstick or american flag red.

i am waiting on my linea body capris in all four colors. hopefully they will arrive today, although it is a bit rainy and chilly here for the second day in a row.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]
  1. I haven't received my goodies yet. Can one of you ladies compare the new gauze tunic to the sleeveless pebble crepe tunic. I have that and the style is similar, without the double layer at the bottom.  Is the fabric dressier? How do they compare? Thanks.
Respected Contributor

Received the black gauze pant, prefer the 14. Very long, I'm 5'5 149lbs. The waist band is a little snugger than expected but I'm still losing weight, no problem. I love the drape and weight of the fabric. Can't wait to get alterations 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Dear 1Jac, the new gauze crepe tunic is definitely dressier looking then the pebble crepe. It's apples and oranges to me. I don't think one replaces the other.

Valued Contributor

@Marlyn1 wrote:

Dear 1Jac, the new gauze crepe tunic is definitely dressier looking then the pebble crepe. It's apples and oranges to me. I don't think one replaces the other.

Thanks Marilyn.  I was hoping that the new gauze was dressier Than the pebble crepe.