Re: Review of the Faux Suede Anorak A279526

@JustJazzmom

I got the eggplant 

Honored Contributor

@Mustang Shar wrote:

@JustJazzmom

I got the eggplant 

If I needed another outside coat, that color would have been my choice too!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

I changed my order from olive to eggplant.  I hope it isn't too brownish.  I ordered my regular size so hope it fits.  I'm getting another Linea jacket in olive animal print and didn't want two in olive.  If anyone can describle the eggplant, I would love to hear about it. 

Respected Contributor

I tried on my olive last night. Love the color, the material, the details. I don't like the sleeve length though. It comes to my wrist and looks short. I'm bummed.

It bothers me but I love the jacket. I so wish the sleeves were longer. I'll check out the measurements on the next size up because I probably could size up to give me a tad more room so I can cinch it more. But I don't really need it for layering, I'm in Florida so will wear something light under it. May even use it as an inside jacket at work. I doubt going up a size will make much of a difference in sleeve length though. Smiley Sad
Honored Contributor

@GraceCO

My jacket arrived yesterday.  The sleeves are way too short and if I went up a size to get longer sleeves the shoulders would not fit.  I am disappointed in the fabric - you were correct it is like velvet not what I would call faux suede.  Maybe next month......

Esteemed Contributor

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't suede and velvet two very different fabrics!!???  Perhaps the name should be changed so that others who are looking specifically for suede won't consider this item?  I really don't get this!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DiAnne wrote:

@GraceCO

My jacket arrived yesterday.  The sleeves are way too short and if I went up a size to get longer sleeves the shoulders would not fit.  I am disappointed in the fabric - you were correct it is like velvet not what I would call faux suede.  Maybe next month......

@DiAnne So sorry it didn't work out for you! Sounds like you're not the only one who mentioned too-short sleeves...that's a shame. Did it fit like the eyelet safari jacket on you? And, yes, the fabric was so unexpected, but I like it--it's so soft & luxe. 

Did you pick up the trench or the moto?

Honored Contributor

@GraceCO

The eyelet one had more structure I thought.  I am still holding out on the plum moto!  I thought about the black trench but I am going to stick with only the olive.  I really like olive and black together.  

Valued Contributor

looked like velvet so I sent it back. Reallly tried to like it. fit is like the eyelet safari jacket. Which I Love.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MacDUFF wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't suede and velvet two very different fabrics!!???  Perhaps the name should be changed so that others who are looking specifically for suede won't consider this item?  I really don't get this!

@MacDUFF You're right...I don't get it, either. Maybe with synthetic "faux" fabrics, it's not as clearly defined? Maybe someone who knows fabrics can weigh in...

I just happen to like the jacket--the fabric is soft & lush & the fit is spot on--so it was a keeper for me. But, buyers wanting faux suede will hopefully look here or at the product reviews, where many of us describe the fabric as velvet-like. At least they'll know what to expect.