Honored Contributor

Review of New Moss Crepe Pants - A273877

[ Edited ]

Purchased and received today all 3 moss crepe pants. All are lightweight and feel great against the skin. I will wear these with flats or low heeled  sandals (1.5").

The navy is Louis' Linea navy shade.

Sage is lighter than Louis' olive colors but does work with any tops or jackets you have with olive in them. The sage georgette blouse with tank works with these pants and the darker olive feather jersey L/S tunic with pockets works too. The olive background print top with orange hydrangea flowers (A213615) will work with these sage pants too.

Cinnamon works with the light tan georgette blouse with tank, the aqua georgette blouse with tank, the espresso georgette blouse with tank and the new sherbet orange georgette blouse with tank.

The big surprise with these cinnamon pants is the Linea print top in walnut (A262028) and the Bob Mackie print top in brown (A268231) -- both work with this cinnamon color; another Bob Mackie top in the brown color (A238463) also works with the cinnamon pants.

I wear usually a Medium in Linea pants but because of the lightweightness of this moss crepe fabric, I have ordered the same colors in Small to compare. The Mediums do fit me and due to my height, will need shortening of the inseam no matter what size I will end up with.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

Re: Review of New Moss Crepe Pants - A273877

Thanks for the great review.  I wasn't sure if I should order these pants.  I ended up returning the moss crepe top because it was a little clingy and showed the outline of a mole.  I went ahead and ordered the navy pants, though. 

Trusted Contributor

JJM - Isn't it wonderful how you can reach back in your closet and find older Linea pieces that work with the new ones?  I'm tickled when I make a new combo.  What size pants are you going to keep?

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JustJazzmom, Do you think the cinnamon pant would match a259107 the Linea Medallion Long Sleeve top (sorry, I don't know how you link the item #s) in sienna?

Honored Contributor

@laro wrote:

@JustJazzmom, Do you think the cinnamon pant would match a259107 the Linea Medallion Long Sleeve top (sorry, I don't know how you link the item #s) in sienna?

@laro I'm sorry, I do not own that top. Woman Sad

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DecorDiva wrote:

JJM - Isn't it wonderful how you can reach back in your closet and find older Linea pieces that work with the new ones?  I'm tickled when I make a new combo.  What size pants are you going to keep?

@DecorDiva

I have the Mediums and I just ordered the Smalls. I will review once I get the Smalls to compare.

Valued Contributor

I'd like to make a suggestion to the tall Linea Ladies who feel they can't order this pant because of the 31" hem. I just received mine and I'm thinking they may work for you. Firstly, LDO was right when he said they "hang longer" due to the drapiness of the fabric. The second reason is the pants I received are quite long in the stride and I will have to shorten them more than the expected 3".

I'm 5'8" tall and a plus size. I'm longer in the torso than the leg so I expected to have to shorten these pant 2-3". However, even when tried on with my 2.5" heels and platform wedges, they still need to hem up several inches. Also, I ordered my usual size and I have to roll the waist over once because of the stride. I will have to have my seamstress alter the stride. I am going to order the pant down a size before I do any alterations on these. But, I wanted to suggest to talls, if you're willing to gamble a few bucks, order these and give them a try. The fabric and colors are great - and, in my case, worth the expense of altering. But, in your case, they may work out of the bag.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you diamondscribe. I took a chance and will receive the navy today. Sounds hopeful!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

So thankful that the moss crepe skirt does not have a lining, so I wear a black halfslip with it.  Recently, I had it on at a club luncheon.  I was walking to the door to greet a guest I had invited who came by herself, when my skirt fell off.  Like I said, thank God it is not lined.  I had on a very pretty halfslip and I just reached down and pulled it up quickly.  Only a few people saw what happened.  Just be careful you don't have the same issue.  Ha ha.  I took mine to the tailor and had a zipper put in which gave it some shape and made it tighter in the waist.

Super Contributor

@NameAlreadyTaken wrote:

So thankful that the moss crepe skirt does not have a lining, so I wear a black halfslip with it.  Recently, I had it on at a club luncheon.  I was walking to the door to greet a guest I had invited who came by herself, when my skirt fell off.  Like I said, thank God it is not lined.  I had on a very pretty halfslip and I just reached down and pulled it up quickly.  Only a few people saw what happened.  Just be careful you don't have the same issue.  Ha ha.  I took mine to the tailor and had a zipper put in which gave it some shape and made it tighter in the waist.

Oh My! been there, done that, decades ago with a wrap skirt!

I do have the same issue with the moss crepe skirt, the waist seems to have stretched, and I haven't worn it that much. Like the idea of adding a zipper.