Honored Contributor

Review of A287619 Floral Print L/S Set

My bluebell floral set arrived today and it fits exactly like the 3/4 sleeve safari sets. I ordered my usual Small and wear a 38B bra. 

I had asked Louis if this bluebell floral worked with the previous Limoges blue ponte knits from a few years ago. I said to my eyes they look like they would match. 

And surprise surprise! they work together! The floral print is slightly lighter but it's tonal to the Limoges blue. I put the jacket over the print and it looks good together. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Trusted Contributor

Re: Review of A287619 Floral Print L/S Set

Early this week i ordered Louis's floral print crinkle skirt and 3 of his tops to go with it.   They finally shipped today.  Can't wait to get them and warmer weather so I can wear them.  Will watch for his next show.  I try not to miss them.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I got the black print and I love the colors and the fabric. However, I ordered size XL because that is the size of my safari shirt and it is too big. The tank is more noticeably oversized, but I couldn't get away with wearing the too big top shirt either because the collar opening is far too wide and the shoulders hang way down. I even tried on the safari shirt set prior to ordering the new ones to be certain of size. I sure struck out on these orders.

I already ordered down to a large. I hope it works. There is a problem with QVC sizing in that from size large to extra large is a jump of 2 sizes, compared to how sizing runs in the smaller sizes. 

Respected Contributor

@JGalt  I agree with you about the weird sizing!  

I skipped ordering the new cotton peplum top because of it.  I checked the size charts carefully and there was an inch difference in chest between XL and 1x, but 4 or 5 inches between L and XL.  The XL is too big, the L is too small, so I skipped ordering. 

The safari shirt and tank I have in black in XL and it is huge but I persevere in wearing it as I knew the tank would be snug around the middle if I ordered a L.  However, I never re-ordered this because of the fit.

Don't know if this happens in other smaller/larger size ranges but I feel I have been caught in sizing Limbo!

Please post how the L fits you when it arrives; the more info here the better, thanks.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

For anyone interested: the L/S blouse of this set in size XL measures 50"(chest).  I didn't measure the tank.  The specs say 49", but that may be an acceptable discrepancy. 

If I'm lucky the size Large I ordered will also be a bit larger than the specs, so it has a chance of fitting me.

Honored Contributor

I purchased the floral blouse only in Poppy Red, which is a tomato red, to my eye.   My body type just does not do well with the Linea boho skirt.  

Absolutely LOVE this enchanting floral print.  The fit is like that of the safari shirt and tank set; no difference there.  This is a very rich-looking blouse, and I plan to buy a second color.

Contributor

I just received this blouse and tank in the bluebell in XL and I am enamored with both the color and print.  It is a print that doesn't scream, but rather whispers its beauty.  I also ordered the matching boho skirt to make it a dress look.  I can't tell you how long I agonized about the "would it look too matronly, clownish, voluminous, etc." before ordering.  I thought that the skirt might look good on tall willowy model like types, but not on me.  Wow was I mistaken.  I should have know that Louis Dellolio would have designed this lovely outfit for women like me, too.  So my recommendation is to give this lovely item a try, even if it is just one piece or both.  It's definitely worth a try.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@author, my report on the size L:

it is a tad small on me and I am not keeping it. I think this fabric requires the fit to be somewhat loose.  On this shirt, I am caught in the between L and XL, so I guess I give up on it. Very sad because I want this flowy fabric and I adore the black print.

From what I remember of things you have written, I believe you are smaller than me so you may have a different experience.l am 5'3", somewhat narrow shoulders, but very large upper arms. Both my bust and hips measure 45", bra 38DDD.

The tank on the size large *just* fits, but in reality, I would want another inch of fabric. Really the same for the shirt. It buttons without pulling, but has no ease. I would be wearing this when the temperature is hot (which it always is this year in my part of Texas), so I don't want a polyester that is close to my body.

I once again tried on the original safari shirt and tank that I have in the olive color (sage?) in size XL.  They fit me perfectly.  Therefore, my experience is that this new floral shirt and tank run larger, a good bit so, than the original safari shirt.

Let me know if I can provide additional help.  I will take this to the Post Office tomorrow for return to QVC.

Respected Contributor

@JGalt

Thanks so much for the sizing info!  

We all have our differences and issues, yet are lumped into the same size group, so it is indeed difficult to figure out what size to get.  Right now I am steadily losing weight so am holding off on ordering until I can be sure a L will work for me with enough ease, etc.  I got the new tunic length tank in xl and it is perfect, and the long cardi in L, and it is perfect because it is worn open.

If I had to button something I would order up to an XL and then deal with very wide and long sleeves, shoulders too large, etc.  So we shall see if another 10# weight loss will get me into my desired L!