Trusted Contributor

Re: Review - Seed Bead Necklace

I received my lime necklace today. In the box I thought the beads were too close in color to the light goldtone. But the necklace looks so sophisticated on fabric! The lime looks good with so many colors. The only ones I think I'd skip would be another green and red. Can't wait to get my black seed bead Monday! Hoping they'll all be available again for all to order on Monday.
Honored Contributor

I just don't understand why they would cancel orders if this was true.  I also wonder why there was not a waitlist. 

Respected Contributor

@solandra wrote:

@Marlyn1 wrote:

I doubt very much it is going to be an OTO. Why would they ship some and then take it away knowing who ever bought it is going to want the discount. Sounds like a lot of trouble to me.

BUT...I have never before seen something posted for sale and then 

not being able to access the page. The item and description are still there but with the statement "We're sorry, this item is not available at this time." (I just checked this on an old Linea item.)  When you type in the item number, the only time I have seen "sorry - sold out" is when they are loading new items or have pulled a new item, previously displayed for OTO's. This is just my observation....I could be wrong :-/

I've seen it happen before with Linea, and it's usually one of two things. Either they are shutting down orders to hold inventory for a show--which is unlikely since jewlery isn't typically presented--or, it's sold out.

Honored Contributor

GraceCO wrote:

Does anyone seriously think this necklace will be an OTO?

If it is, then I'd like an explanation why QVC cancelled my lime one.

@GraceCO

yes, i believe it could be.....

it happened a little over a month ago with a GILI tote bag.

some ordered and received, some ordered and got waitlisted, and some waited until it was actually presented......it was marked down to a one day only price.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

@GraceCO wrote:

Does anyone seriously think this necklace will be an OTO?

If it is, then I'd like an explanation why QVC cancelled my lime one.

@GraceCO

yes, i believe it could be.....

it happened a little over a month ago with a GILI tote bag.

some ordered and received, some ordered and got waitlisted, and some waited until it was actually presented......it was marked down to a one day only price.

@sunshine45

Linea isn't GILI...the private label QVC brands are marketed very differently. But, we shall see!

Esteemed Contributor

While I truly do hate to rub salt into the open wound which is the mystery surrounding this necklace (mixed metaphors, much?), I need to report that my black and lime both arrived and they're spectacular.

The lime looks much like peridot and the black, like jet. The grey beads could be a lighter shade of hematite. I like it doubled up. If you saw this in Neiman Marcus it would be 300.00, easy.

I still maintain that something is awry here and that there is inventory. When I see it, I am so ordering the "turquoise"!

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

@gardensla wrote:

While I truly do hate to rub salt into the open wound which is the mystery surrounding this necklace (mixed metaphors, much?), I need to report that my black and lime both arrived and they're spectacular.

The lime looks much like peridot and the black, like jet. The grey beads could be a lighter shade of hematite. I like it doubled up. If you saw this in Neiman Marcus it would be 300.00, easy.

I still maintain that something is awry here and that there is inventory. When I see it, I am so ordering the "turquoise"!

@gardensla

Glad to hear that those of you who received the necklaces are happy with them!

The whole thing is messed up, but I hope you are right and we'll see at least another trickle of inventory...Enjoy those beauties.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I knew this Seed Bead Necklace would be Fabulous from how Louis described it!  My Tangerine & Black Necklaces have shipped - am looking forward to recieving them.

And - if by chance - this Necklace gets reposted at some point between now and midnight - I too will be getting another - the Aqua! 

The Q works in mysterious ways so you never know.

Fingers crossed!

Respected Contributor

All questions will be answered tomorrow afternoon! The necklace is a beauty.

Honored Contributor

Did anyone ask Louis?  He is the one with access to the inside information.