Valued Contributor

Review:New Moss Crepe Dresses

[ Edited ]

I ordered the black and alabaster.  I tried them both without any accessories.  I was a bit disappointed, nothing special.  As a petite the length covered my knees.  My first reaction was to send them back.  Several hours later, I think I will try the black on with my blue Egyptian necklace and the alabaster with the jet beads. Then I will make a final decision. Has anyone else received their dresses yet? (BTW I just noticed that my in process wk cardigans which changed from back order due to the cs rep on Thurs and was changed to Free Express Delivery by her, still not moving from the warehouse AND there is a SH charge of $7.71(also taxed). I will call to complain about that. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Review:New Moss Crepe Dresses

I agree that it is nothing special but it is one of those pieces which is great to just throw on and go.  Super easy and looks great with a long necklace or big hoops and cute sandals or even flip flops.  I felt the same about the drawstring dress but it grew on me.  However, I certainly wouldn't get 2 but then again I rarely do.  I think these dresses will be nice for the summer months.

Respected Contributor

Mine will be here Monday, I hope. I was very much on the fence, don't like sleeveless. Looking forward to something I won't have to hem. 

Valued Contributor

I think jewelry will make a difference.

Trusted Contributor

I received the dress in pink.  It's ok.  Didn't go gaga over it as I had hoped!   Tried it with different necklaces and sweaters.   Still deciding whether to keep it.  Will try on again later, see if I can make it work.  

Respected Contributor

I got the black and pink in XXS and XS. I knew it would sell well so I ordered two different sizes so I wouldn't miss out. Received them today and couldn't wait to try them on. I have to say I am a little disappointed.

Like the tank, the XXS seems a little snug under the arm, wish the armholes were a tad bigger, hence the reason for ordering a larger size. Well the top/armholes fit a bit better in the larger size but the dress just sort of hung there. Too much fabric. Looked blah.

Yes a necklace might make it look better, but...

I love the fabric. I love that it's lined. The length is perfect - I'm 5'5" and it hits at the top of my knees. The pink is very pretty but I should've gone with the alabaster. I'm just not a pink person. But if you are, you will love it.

I think what I wish is that the dress came with an optional belt in the same fabric. I tried on a few different belts that I had with the dress and liked that it gave me some shape rather than looking like a sack. Problem is, I don't have any great belts, don't wear them much. Feel like even if I return I wasted a lot on shipping. Boo.
Frequent Contributor

Recieved my black yesterday.  This one is just meh for me and is going back today.  I agree with morewine about the armholes being on the smallish side.  XS is my regular size and if I sized up to the S, I would be swimming in fabric.  The neckline is odd for me - should have either been cut lower, or high necked.  The in between just doesn't seem right.  I really wanted to like this one.   

Valued Contributor

Mine fit well.  I ordered the same size as I ordered the sleeveless tunics in this material.  The armholes on the dress are not as small as the armholes of my tunics.  I feel these dresses will be good for Sunday morning worship, but not sure about casual wear with sandals. I did not like the new Chanel type cardigan over this dress. 

Regular Contributor

To each her own, so I guess I'm in the minority in loving this new dress. I ordered it in all three colors and look forward to wearing it in the dog days of summer heat. The fabric is light and airy.

For my figure type, I look for "swing" style dresses that do not highlight the mid-section. I used to have multiple Susan Graver "swing" style dresses in her ponte knit. But her fabric is much lower quality than Louis' ponte and I tossed most of the Graver dresses due to pilling problems. I do wish the new Linea dress was a tad longer. It hits my 5'5" and shrinking (LOL) frame just a tad below the top of the knee.

Esteemed Contributor

Mine arrived yesterday (UPS--see, QVC can ship fast once they actually process the order) and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it.

I wasn't going to order due to the high neckline but LDO rarely gets it wrong for me. It fits like it was custom made. I did order up a size knowing that the gauze tunic was snug in my usual XS and even so, it's sleek, chic, and very wearable.

I'm going to order in alabaster.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat