Respected Contributor

Re: Review Mardi Gras Necklace

It's arrived! and well worth the wait. It is so beautiful and so much fun. I immediately started playing with it on my new, and old, boho skirts and the floral prints. It really is perfect. It looked good with everything I put it with. I have many of the Fiesta WK sweaters from a few years back and it looked great. I do have the drop earring that Louis showed with it, and the bold hoop so I'm set for earrings. What earring/ bracelets are you planning to wear with the necklace?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I placed this against my new floral Poppy Red safari shirt, and it created an explosion of beauty and color.  As I already wrote, I am looking forward to wearing it with cool white tops this summer, along with my broomstick skirts.  

The SURPRISE, however, was how absolutely gorgeous this necklace looks on the Linea velvet prints from about three or four years ago.  Louis gave us three -- one more beautiful than the next (top and skirt, if you recall).  So rich-looking.  I placed it against the print in Brown, etc., and almost fell over from the pure sumptuousness of the look.  WOW!  It holds up to winter and velvet beautifully.  It looks as though it was made for such a pairing, as a matter of fact. 

I have the gunmetal gypsy earring that Louis showed but will not wear that with this necklace.  It would be too much for me to carry off, despite my basically ethnic look.

Respected Contributor

@golding76  What a great idea--putting it with the velvet prints! I have the olive/brown set and the necklace does look gorgeous with it. Sounds like you're having fun playing in your Linea closet Smiley Wink

Valued Contributor

WOW!!!

At first I thought too bright but then i put my 18 yellow gold hoops beside the necklace. Perfect match.

I like bright jewel tone colors.  I have those velvet print pieces in purple.  It works with that color too. It also goes well with two of my Linea "fancier" dresses.  A221716. i have that dress in the purple and also the spruce green.  Perfect to fill in the neckline of those.  And it will work with all my jewel tone cashmere sweaters. 

I am sure it will be gorgeous with much more but must get back to doing paperwork!

Contributor

I received my necklace, but it had two broken beads on it so I returned it.

Honored Contributor

Ladies, if you like the look of the Mardi Gras necklace and you have money to burn, this is available at Matchesfashion.com-

•  

Sylvia Toldedano's yellow-gold Byzance cuff exudes bohemian glamour. It's handcrafted in Jaipur from 18kt gold-plated brass, and beautifully embellished with a collection of semi-precious stones including onyx, quartz, tiger's eye, and malachite. The lightly hammered finish gives it an authentic antiqued feel. 

• COLOUR: Yellow gold
    • COMPOSITION: 18kt gold-plated brass, semi-precious stones
    • Handcrafted in Jaipur
    • Lightly hammered

• Round and oval cabochon-cut cornelian, onyx, pink quartz, amethyst, tiger's eye, labradorite and malachite embellished
    • Centre-base opening, slip on