Respected Contributor

Review: Linea Lace Shoulders Top A273869

[ Edited ]

After being lost in shipping Limbo all week, my greige top appeared in my mailbox, hurray!

I just returned from the mall doing some errands and also checking out department store clothes, what they're showing, etc.  and tried on some tops.  In B&M I seem to have graduated to a 1x in tops, yet the ones from same brands from last year or previous that still fit are L or XL.  I haven't changed, but whoa, the sizing has.  A depressing rude awakening.

My Linea top was waiting and I quickly tried it on, discovered that I love it, especially the greige color (like a warm grey) and the navy lace, perfect for my coloring.  The fabric is cool and slippery, very drapey.  This is sophisticated casual.

I ordered this in my usual XL (I get L in ENR WK's) and it fits me like the department store tops in 2x!  However, it feels wonderful, I like the soft drape to it, and I push up the sleeves to my elbow and it is fabulous.  I actually prefer this for warm weather in this loose fit.  It feels like nothing, weightless.  The sleeves were very long though, past my fingertips.  

I think I'll plan on wearing this with white or grey jeans or cropped pants for an easy look, but something with that "extra" because of the lace, which is not frou-frou or girly, very sophisticated.

BTW, wore my new sage safari jacket as it is cold and blustery here, had several women stop me to compliment my look, which of course was almost entirely Linea, jewelry too.  That jacket is one of my all-time favorite pieces from Louis.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Review: Linea Lace Shoulders Top A271869

@author, when I typed in the item number it comes up as Vionic shoes.

Can you please check the number again.  Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Re: Review: Linea Lace Shoulders Top A273869

[ Edited ]

@Big Sister

A273869

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

Re: Review: Linea Lace Shoulders Top A271869

[ Edited ]

@Big Sister wrote:

@author, when I typed in the item number it comes up as Vionic shoes.

Can you please check the number again.  Thanks.

I just set my screen at 150% so I can see the numbers a bit more clearly, and lo and behold I did read the number wrong, thanks for letting me know; I have put in the correct one now.  Sorry all....

Contributor

I love that top. I love long sleeves and this would be nice in the summer.  Especailly in the freezing office.  This is on my wish list!

Valued Contributor

Do your bra straps show through the lace shoulders?

Respected Contributor

I was wearing a nude tone bra, sort of a pinky beige, and no, the straps did not show through.  It's not a concern for me if a shadow of the strap would show, just a hint of it, that's the nature of sheer tops.

Trusted Contributor

@author: I have the small greige on check hold waiting for reviews. I like what you had to say. Can you tell me how you feel that lace will hold up under a seat belt? Trying to picture the seatbelt coming over that left shoulder and wondering if it would be too abrasive for the lace. 

Respected Contributor

I can't say how the shoulder lace would hold up with the seatbelt as that would vary from car to car, person to person, but it is very secure, the chiffon strip down the center on top of your shoulder would be a help too.  I had a top like this without the center panel and the lace was not affected by the seat belt in my car.  

It's pretty tough lace, probably nylon or poly.  I mostly worry about my neck and the seatbelt even when it is moved to the lower position on the side of the car.  It still tends to creep up and try and choke me!