Honored Contributor

Review: Gauze Crepe Pants A276295!!

I'm 5'2" and with the inseam at 29" these pants were too long for me and I had them shortened to wear with low heels (1.5"). I have 42" hips and ordered the size 10 in the black and received the 12 in the alabaster color due to the lining. I usually have to go up a size if a garment is lined. 

The pants looked too wide when I initially tried them on pre-alteration but when I tried them on post alteration, DH didn't question my fashion sense as he did when I first tried them on.

These pants are lightweight and look very nice with the matching alabaster tunic. The pale pink tunic will be here by Tuesday to go with the black pants. I plan on wearing jet black jewelry with these pieces.

How do the pants look on you after alteration?

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Valued Contributor

Re: Review: Gauze Crepe Pants A276295!!

My hips are 42 also but I'm a little overweight so I got the size 10 and its a little tight but will be ok for me soon when I lose a couple of pounds. I also need to hem my pant about 1-1 1/2 inches. Glad to hear it doesn't look as wide after hemming.

Respected Contributor

I'm hoping at 5' 3 1/2" these will be perfect for me!  The Alabaster and Black have shipped; I returned the regular length and am crossing my fingers these will be better.  The feel of this fabric in the wide leg style is lovely; these don't weigh you down, and move and drape well.

Respected Contributor

The petite alabaster pants A276295  arrived yesterday and today I tried them on and wow, the fit is perfection!  No need to do any alterations, and they look wonderful.  I steam pressed them and they looked even better.

Ok I know they will be lovely with the black crepe tank or the alabaster one (on its way) but I wanted to wear these in a more casual way.  I tried them with a striped navy and white rayon knit Michael Kors 3/4 top that has a lovely drapey bateau neck, and some slight ruching down the side seams so it can be adjusted a lot in how the stripes lie, how long it is, etc.  It is one of my staples as it is classic Chanel nautical, and so flattering it is sinful.  

It looked fabulous with the alabaster trousers and some blush perforated suede Clark's ballet flats with thicker ivory soles, very summery.  I added big silver hoop earrings and my Ripka black quilted leather tank watch J318511 now on sale but black is gone.  Love this watch, classic with that whimsical face and no bling.

Then I added an ivory moto jacket in a washed silk style, loose and languid, that I bought here from Edge by Jen Rade.  I saw this under another brand in a local department store, so I assume she only put her name on it, but regardless, it is another of my favorite jackets and it dips in front and is shorter in back and it looked wonderful with the entire look.

I can't wait to wear the trousers and I think I'll be able to come up with many many variations to try with it.  They feel so soft and  move like air when you walk, and it is so good to have something different from jeans, capris, slim leg pants or skinny pants.  How great all of these styles are "in" at the moment!  

Honored Contributor

So glad the petite worked well for you @author.

This inseam was longer in length so that may be why this worked for you at 5'3". I had to have mine altered because I am a little shorter than you.

Respected Contributor

@JustJazzmom

I am almost 5'4" so the length worked perfectly.  If you are shorter than that unless you wear heels you'd need to shorten them.  They would look fabulous with heels or high wedges but I can't wear them anymore, sigh. 

Honored Contributor

@author, any higher than 2" for heels starts to bother my feet.

I remember the days of 3" heels!

Respected Contributor

@JustJazzmom

I can't even do 2" heels anymore since a hip problem last year.  I don't want to aggravate things which are ok now, so I stick to about 1" and that's fine.  Platforms/Flatforms are great because they don't hurt and give me some height.  Fortunately, flats are popular now, many choices.