Respected Contributor

Review: Gaucho Pants A273865

[ Edited ]

Today, I also received the "gaucho" pants (expedited) in black, which are also keepers! Didn't know if I'd like them or not, because I wasn't familiar enough with the moss crepe fabric, but I love them. They are so light and comfy that I'm wearing them right now! lol. Don't want to take them off!

These pants are more of a wide-legged crop than a gaucho. The fit is just like the crepe gauze pants at the waistband and they also drape beautifully. They do not flare out anywhere, but are cut straight, which is slenderizing. Length is just right for me--about 3 inches above my ankle (5'9"). Ordered my usual size Medium and it fits comfortably, especially with the elastic waistband. Looks great with ballet flats and sandals...and I tucked in a shirt and that even looks good.

These were such a nice surprise...now I wish I'd scooped up the light tan, too. They are just about sold out, so I hope we'll see a reorder.

Regular Contributor

Re: Review: Gaucho Pants A273865

@GraceCO wrote:

Today, I also received the "gaucho" pants (expedited) in black, which are also keepers! Didn't know if I'd like them or not, because I wasn't familiar enough with the moss crepe fabric, but I love them. They are so light and comfy that I'm wearing them right now! lol. Don't want to take them off!

These pants are more of a wide-legged crop than a gaucho. The fit is just like the crepe gauze pants at the waistband and they also drape beautifully. They do not flare out anywhere, but are cut straight, which is slenderizing. Length is just right for me--about 3 inches above my ankle (5'9"). Ordered my usual size Medium and it fits comfortably, especially with the elastic waistband. Looks great with ballet flats and sandals...and I tucked in a shirt and that even looks good.

These were such a nice surprise...now I wish I'd scooped up the light tan, too. They are just about sold out, so I hope we'll see a reorder.

GraceCO, Thanks so much for your reviews on these and the cardigan.  I am also 5'9" and ordered all three of these pants with the hope they would be as you stated, no flair.  Naturally all my orders from Monday are still in process but I am so happy to read what you have posted.  Now I am in anticipation mode for sure. 

Respected Contributor

@Pecan Sandie wrote:

@GraceCO wrote:

GraceCO, Thanks so much for your reviews on these and the cardigan.  I am also 5'9" and ordered all three of these pants with the hope they would be as you stated, no flair.  Naturally all my orders from Monday are still in process but I am so happy to read what you have posted.  Now I am in anticipation mode for sure. 

@Pecan Sandie

I think you're going to love them--you were the smart one ordering all colors. Now, I have to go into stalking mode to get mine!

I thought the pants would be too short, so that was a nice surprise to have it hit so low on the leg...I wore them again today. Easy dressing.

Hope yours ship soon!

Respected Contributor

The Gaucho Pants sound perfect!  Can't wait for mine to arrive.  My Slate Blue Pants and matching Tunic Top ordered just before the Show shipped yesterday.

But the Black Pants and the Black and the Tan Tunic Tops ordered at midnight - have now been 'In Process' for FIVE Days (as of midnight tonight!

Respected Contributor

@Seka wrote:

The Gaucho Pants sound perfect!  Can't wait for mine to arrive.  My Slate Blue Pants and matching Tunic Top ordered just before the Show shipped yesterday.

But the Black Pants and the Black and the Tan Tunic Tops ordered at midnight - have now been 'In Process' for FIVE Days (as of midnight tonight!

@Seka

My other pair is still "in process" too. My black top shipped...waiting for the other two. Shipping has been slower than usual lately. But. once you get the pants, I think you'll be happy!

Regular Contributor

@GraceCO wrote:

@Pecan Sandie wrote:

@GraceCO wrote:

@Pecan Sandie

I think you're going to love them--you were the smart one ordering all colors. Now, I have to go into stalking mode to get mine!

I thought the pants would be too short, so that was a nice surprise to have it hit so low on the leg...I wore them again today. Easy dressing.

Hope yours ship soon!

Ha!  I wasn't that smart. Originally I only ordered the black and the blue.  Then I was haunted by the light color, went back to the page and ordered them but am on waitlist.  My moss crepe tops and the black and blue pants have now shipped.  I ordered sometime in the middle of the night after they were posted, but not midnight.  

I won't be too sad if the waitlisted pants don't come through.  You know Louis, he always has something else up his sleeve ready to surprise us. 

Super Contributor

Mine have been shipped - ordered the slate blue pants and tunic (had to hold myself back from ordering the black-my closet is a sea of black!!) - I'm hoping I won't look "dumpy" in these - I'm 5'6" but my legs are on the shorter side and I'm short waisted - long from waist to top of legs - so I can look "squat" if I'm not careful...

I've really stayed away from all wide leg pants for the above reason, but I'm trying to step out of my "black slim leg pants" box!!!

Trusted Contributor

I received my pants in my usual size of small, and they seem big at the waist.  The fabric and drape are wonderful and they don't seem too long for my 5'-4" frame.  Debating about whether to return.

Trusted Contributor

I ordered one size down based on the click here measurements. I don't have much of a behind so sounds like I did the right thing. I'll find out tomorrow.
Super Contributor

I too am wondering if my usual size M are too big in the waist. The black especially seem larger than the tan. If they " grow" while I'm wearing them I'll be in trouble!