Respected Contributor

Review: Chanel-like ENR WK Cardigan A273879

[ Edited ]

I received my perfectly pink cardigan today (expedited shipping)...it's a keeper! I ordered a Medium (my usual size) and it fits perfectly 5'9" 38C. Not snug. The ENR has more "give" to it, so it's a forgiving and comfy fit. The sleeves are longer than I'd expected and with the black band at the wrist, cuffing it back is not an ideal solution. But, I plan to just push up the sleeves--no big deal. The length is great--high hip, but very flattering.

The pink color is lovely...I have the pink pearls & black sparkly beads, so I'll style it as Louis did over a black WK skirt. This cardigan can easily be dressed up or down--perfect with jeans--very versatile and very Chanel. Can't wait to get the light khaki and black.

Respected Contributor

Re: Review: Chanel-like ENR WK Cardigan A273879

Thank you for the review.  Long sleeves is a definitely negative for me, as most sleeves are too long as it is.  Perhaps this is not for someone petite?

Respected Contributor

@sueinsf wrote:

Thank you for the review.  Long sleeves is a definitely negative for me, as most sleeves are too long as it is.  Perhaps this is not for someone petite?

@sueinsf

I think you could push up the sleeves and be just fine. I think the silhouette is just right whether for regular or petite...I don't have particularly long arms, so many of the WK sweater sleeves are long on me. But, it's not my pet peeve--length is lol--so if I like the sweater, I find a way to make it work.

Hopefully, someone who is petite will post a review...

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the review! I passed on these cardigans because frankly, I thought they were too nice and I wouldn't get to wear them often. I thought it looked fabulous with the skirts but am trying to resist buying items that don't fit my lifestyle.

I'm an engineer - I sit in a cube and sometimes go out onto the floor, so I generally wear jeans with nice tops and heels/nice boots/sandals. And I don't have occasions to dress up much. But now I'm rethinking it since you said it could be worn with jeans.

I really like the khaki combo even though it's not my best color. Do you think the khaki would look good with jeans too? I don't recall what Louis showed under the khaki. I hope I have something that would go...
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@crazycockermom wrote:
Thanks for the review! I passed on these cardigans because frankly, I thought they were too nice and I wouldn't get to wear them often. I thought it looked fabulous with the skirts but am trying to resist buying items that don't fit my lifestyle.

I'm an engineer - I sit in a cube and sometimes go out onto the floor, so I generally wear jeans with nice tops and heels/nice boots/sandals. And I don't have occasions to dress up much. But now I'm rethinking it since you said it could be worn with jeans.

I really like the khaki combo even though it's not my best color. Do you think the khaki would look good with jeans too? I don't recall what Louis showed under the khaki. I hope I have something that would go...

@crazycockermom

I would definitely wear any of the colors with jeans...I was relieved to find the cardigan so casual-friendly. I think the double zipper makes all the difference, plus the lightness of the fabric. I'd wear the khaki over a white t-shirt and jeans for sure! Plus, over dresses...when it's fully open, it has a don't-take-me-too-seriously drape to it. Not stuffy at all. IMO. But, add the right jewelry and zip it up and it goes to dinner, weddings, dressy events...

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the review.  Since I would only wear a dressy cardigan to church, out to dinner or to an event (and I rarely go to events), I was concerned about ordering one of these jackets.  I already have 3 of the lace sleeve cardigans (pink, white and black), and I wear those a lot.  I probably wouldn't get the black, since that seems the dressiest of the colors.  Since I have several pieces of Perfectly Pink, maybe I should get the Khaki.  Will that go with the Light Khaki pants?

Respected Contributor

@Lyn08 wrote:

Thanks for the review.  Since I would only wear a dressy cardigan to church, out to dinner or to an event (and I rarely go to events), I was concerned about ordering one of these jackets.  I already have 3 of the lace sleeve cardigans (pink, white and black), and I wear those a lot.  I probably wouldn't get the black, since that seems the dressiest of the colors.  Since I have several pieces of Perfectly Pink, maybe I should get the Khaki.  Will that go with the Light Khaki pants?

I think @JustJazzmom said in another thread that she planned to wear the khaki jacket with the light khaki pants...I also own the pants and thought I'd pair the two as well (once my jacket arrives...it's still in process!) I'm sure because the fabrics are different, you don't even need an exact match--tonal works.IMO

Respected Contributor

@GraceCO wrote:

@crazycockermom wrote:

@crazycockermom

I would definitely wear any of the colors with jeans...I was relieved to find the cardigan so casual-friendly. I think the double zipper makes all the difference, plus the lightness of the fabric. I'd wear the khaki over a white t-shirt and jeans for sure! Plus, over dresses...when it's fully open, it has a don't-take-me-too-seriously drape to it. Not stuffy at all. IMO. But, add the right jewelry and zip it up and it goes to dinner, weddings, dressy events...

Thank you so much for your input GraceCO!   I loved this cardigan when I first saw it but really questioned if it was for me.  You have convinced me to order it ( as long as they still have my size).  I hate passing up on some of Louis's items and this does look like one of those classic pieces I'd regret not getting.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Well, I'm in the bad DNA short arms club, so now I'm worried about the length---and whether the sleeves will stay pushed up if the sleeves are less than snug. I ordered Mediums, but perhaps I should have ordered Smalls. Oh brother!

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Respected Contributor

The one reason I did not order this sweater was that the sleeves are always long for my evidently short arms and I didn't want to look ridiculous with that band of color around my fingertips!  It's a beautiful sweater, and I felt it was ok that I had to pass, my issues entirely.  

What bothers me about sizing is that my arms are the same length as they were when I was much smaller, so why do the arms get so long on larger sizes?  I wear a L or XL and always have to turn up a cuff.

Hope it works out for everyone.