Respected Contributor

Re: Review: Chanel-like ENR WK Cardigan A273879

@GraceCO wrote:

@sueinsf wrote:

Thank you for the review.  Long sleeves is a definitely negative for me, as most sleeves are too long as it is.  Perhaps this is not for someone petite?

@sueinsf

I think you could push up the sleeves and be just fine. I think the silhouette is just right whether for regular or petite...I don't have particularly long arms, so many of the WK sweater sleeves are long on me. But, it's not my pet peeve--length is lol--so if I like the sweater, I find a way to make it work.

Hopefully, someone who is petite will post a review...

Thanks @GraceCO.  I would definitely like to see some reviews from the petite gals Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

For what it's worth, I think this cardigan would look fine with the sleeve turned back making a bordered cuff. I've seen that done on purpose on sweaters and jackets.

Super Contributor

I just received my first sweater in khaki in a 2x but the sleeves are really long as well as the length which totally surprised me. I have the other two coming and the gauge dresses so we will see.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Maxine49 wrote:

Well, I'm in the bad DNA short arms club, so now I'm worried about the length---and whether the sleeves will stay pushed up if the sleeves are less than snug. I ordered Mediums, but perhaps I should have ordered Smalls. Oh brother!

@Maxine49

I bet the Medium fits you just fine...sometimes I size down in WKs to a Small, but I wouldn't want to in this cardigan. The sleeves are not a problem for me TBH. Wore the cardigan today and with a little shizzing up, it works. I think once you get it, you won't want to part with it...it's one of those Linea classics in-the-making.

Did your cardigan ship yet?

Honored Contributor

My Medium cardigan was at my doorstep and I will try it on tomorrow. I have unpacked and one load is in the dryer so I am exhausted! 

Here's what I can say: A221797 in the pale sand color looks like it will work below the cardigan. The new slim leg pants in the light khaki color look like they might work but I need daylight to see if it's a near shade or tonal.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

@JustJazzmom

I asked Louis is the Linea Lt. Khaki slim ankle pants would go with the new Chanel type Lt. Khaki and white sweater.  He told me the sweater was slightly darker, but both were basically the same color.  He thought they would look great together.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It is officially tomorrow Woman LOL and I tried the cardigan on with the tank I mentioned in the previous post. IMO, the slim leg pants are slightly off in color to the cardigan. I will see how they look below ivory pants. The tank and the cardigan look great together.

Word of warning -- some of the ivory trim had some slubs next to the sand of the cardigan which I pushed inside with the tip of an embroidery scissors.

Also be careful when putting it on with the double zipper -- be careful and do not get caught the fabric at the bottom with both pulls. I had to roll back the fabric to avoid any snags from the pulls on that zipper edge.

My arms are long enough that I do not need to push up or roll the sleeves up and create a cuff. 

I am 5'2".

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

@JustJazzmom

I am disappointed to hear that the Chanel type sweater is slightly off from the Lt Khaki slim ankle pants. Louis just said in his blog when I asked that the sweater was slightly darker, but basically the same color. My stuff finally shipped so I will receive on Monday.  

Thanks for the info on protecting our beautiful sweaters.  I also liked that you said the arms were not too long. I was worried about because I am only 5"3" tall.  Enjoy!

Respected Contributor

In textiles, the dye lots vary, and the "same" color for different textures - knits, ponte, wovens, etc . - will not take exactly the same.  Sometimes it's easier to deliberately go tonal!  These light nude/blush/beige shades are shown everywhere with at least 3 tones in the same ensemble.  

In today's world I find that exact matches are rare, and i work at having everything blend in a pleasing way.

Found an old long linen knit tank with pointelle detail in a muted chartreuse in my closet, and tried it with the new fern gauze jacket and the sage safari jacket, gorgeous.  Blended tonal, I'm happy.

And if that doesn't work, you can always do ivory, black, grey, navy, etc.

Respected Contributor

I forgot I had two of the ENR WK Cardigans (black and PP) on check status (I wanted to play back my DVR recording, because I was gone for part of the show).  I just converted them to credit card today.  I wanted to wear the black/cream to an event on Friday, and the EDD is Friday.  I don't want to pay for express delivery, and I'm particularly concerned because some orders that were placed before or during the show have not shipped yet.