Super Contributor

Re: Review A287610 LDO Peplum Top

I got some of my stalked peplum tops today. LOVE this top; and it is a top more so than a jacket. Soft, silky, "just right" cotton; so comfy. It definitely runs quite large; the one I got in my larger plus size has to go back, and there's plenty of room in the smaller size to allow for any shrinkage, or even a light tank or T under, although I will most often wear as a top. As Louis said, Size Down, and not a heavy jacket; perfect 3 seasons of the year. Now if Q could just "catch up", get their sizing charts accurate, they wouldn't have so many retuirns, and we could get re-orders ... how I would love this in Navy. 

Respected Contributor

@CathyRD

I agree about the sizing chart accuracy.  I buy a lot of Linea so I have some idea what size to buy in various items - sometimes a medium and other times a small.  This time I purchased the medium(which is my size in fitted Linea jackets).  When I received the medium, it was huge so I have to return.  This jacket/top is so cute that I will repurchase in small.  This error has cost me additional monies and of course is more work/money for QVC.  All QVC had to do was provide accurate sizing information to us all a lot of effort.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think the sizing disparities are real with this peplum jacket. Take a look at the reviews--even the 5-star reviews mention sizing problems. I ordered mediums in both the aqua mist and pink and the aqua mist fit beautifully, acc to the mesurements, but the pink was at least one size bigger.

When I return the pink one, I will be insisting that CS credit me for the shipping, because the sizing is NOT accurate. I hope everyone is doing the same, if you have jackets that are way bigger than stated measurements.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

And IMO the missized tops should not count towards the returns ratio Louis always talks about.

I've said this for years, sizing discrepancies are appearing more and more in this line (I'm assuming among other lines here too) and it's factory errors -- need 200 Smalls, only 190 made? Take 10 from the Mediums and sew on the Small label on them! No one will notice!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

My XS peplum aqua mist top arrived and looks a lot better on me than the Small did. It fits closer to the body by an inch.

I also received today from Coldwater Creek a camisole in agave green. I wear a Medium in their camisoles. Anyway, the agave green is tonal in color to the aqua mist peplum top. I mention it just in case anyone wants to put a camisole that is close in color to the aqua mist shade. 

Right now I am wearing the camisole below the black textured top from last year.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

@JustJazzmom- I was also thinking of getting a tonal camisole to wear with my aqua mist.  I just received it yesterday and thought it may be too big until I tried it on and zipped it up I am busty and have a booty but it just draped very nicely from the sideview and the front view was actually quite slenderizing.

I will checkout Coldwater Creek to see if they have any agave green in my size.

Thanks for the heads up.

Esteemed Contributor

I received my medium black peplum two days after ordering (shocker)!  I wear a 40B and my waist is 36-37 (depending on the time of day HA).  The med is a tiny bit loose fitting, but I was concerned about length shrinkage, so I wouldn't go down even tho the small might have fit...still, I prefer a looser fit in summer tops.  I love mine and wish the aqua had more blue in it.  Hoping for more colors.

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Esteemed Contributor

BTW, I will wear it as a top zipped and open as a jacket with a white tank and white jeans.

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MacDUFF wrote:

I received my medium black peplum two days after ordering (shocker)!  I wear a 40B and my waist is 36-37 (depending on the time of day HA).  The med is a tiny bit loose fitting, but I was concerned about length shrinkage, so I wouldn't go down even tho the small might have fit...still, I prefer a looser fit in summer tops.  I love mine and wish the aqua had more blue in it.  Hoping for more colors.

@MacDUFF  I think with all the sizing issues & returns, that won't happen. Someone else mentioned the negative reviews on the blog and it's such a shame, because the jacket is terrific. QVC shouldn't hold the return count against LDO.

I had to return my too big pink one, but I got the aqua mist (perfect fit) and it's so pretty with grey. I've worn the Linea logo necklaces and earrings with it. Great outfit. I'm sure you'll find a gazillion uses for the black. Enjoy!