Contributor

Re: Review A287608 Whisper Knit Long Cardi

I have a different experience but thought Id share it anyway. This caridgan overwhelmed me. Bought it in ivory and it made me look twice my size. Also my usual size was way too BIG!

Respected Contributor

My tank arrived today and it is excellent!  I ordered XL (wear a L in most of the ENK WK's) so it would skim over my pear-shaped self, which it does, and does very beautifully.  

The extra long side slits help with the hip fit so much; many times in the past I had to order up to a 1X and of course the top was falling off my shoulders.  

This set worked out so well, got the long cardi in L and it fits perfectly as it doesn't button, and the XL in the tank and together the fit is custom for me.  

This knit feels almost like it has silk in it and drapes and flows like a dream.  I too would have liked this for over the holidays but know I will wear both pieces often throughout the year.

Esteemed Contributor

My cardigans and tanks arrived today. I ordered ivory and black in my typical Linea size XS (I'm 5'7"+, 140 lbs give or take, 34D bra).

Wow, what great additions to my collection. I knew I'd love the cardigan but that tank!! Even if you carry your weight in the hips, this is still so slimming. I tried them with the Milano WK skirt from last year (I have in both black and ivory) and it looks like a very expensive Donna Karan (or Anne Klein) ensemble. I think I'll likely wear the black set over white skinny jeans and the ivory over a black pencil skirt. I expect to get years of joy from these deceptively simple pieces.

I can't wait for the new wooden beads to come into stock for a fresh summery look. 

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Trusted Contributor

@gardensla You hit the nail on the head-"deceptively simple" but so very versatile.  I see myself wearing these pieces for years too!

Is the ivory a cool ivory or are there undertones of yellow?  Ivory is a color I have trouble wearing, especially if too " warm".  I may just go back for that delicious red instead.

Respected Contributor

My long black tank arrived today and WOW --what a gorgeous fit & paired with the long cardigan it's so elegant. Now I have to break my own rule of not ordering multiples and order multiples! Going back for the ivory & red.Smiley Very Happy

Valued Contributor

Annie, It doesn't have yellow undertones at all. It's more of a winter white. Very soft and flattering.

Trusted Contributor

@Qulia  Thanks- I think I'll give it a try!

Super Contributor

You ladies sold me - I just ordered all three tanks and cardis - hoping they will work on my 5'6" 145 lb body!  I have a longish torso, thin arms/legs and carry my weight in my middle and "high hips" which can be a problem.  I love WKs and cardigans are all I need for most of the year here in the Southwest.  We shall see...

Respected Contributor

I wore my black long cardigan, tank, and my WK pants all in black to a bridal shower at a restaurant today. I also wore my black and gunmetal seed bead necklace with the gunmetal bold hoops. I felt like a million $$$$. The compliments kept rolling in. Everyone wanted to know where I got the outfit and the jewelry. Ladies this outfit is a hit and I highly recommend it!

Esteemed Contributor

@Marlyn1 wrote:

I wore my black long cardigan, tank, and my WK pants all in black to a bridal shower at a restaurant today. I also wore my black and gunmetal seed bead necklace with the gunmetal bold hoops. I felt like a million $$$$. The compliments kept rolling in. Everyone wanted to know where I got the outfit and the jewelry. Ladies this outfit is a hit and I highly recommend it!

@Marlyn1

How lovely! I've enjoyed all of the reviews shared here so very much. Now I can add mine too. I received my black cardi today and it's everything and more for me. At 5'2" this makes me look long and lean. This is not overwhelming for my height at all! I will get alot of use for both casual and dressier occasions. I can see why you received so many compliments. My red is coming...

I loved the white yet hesitated as I've two black furbabies. A practical decision I now regret. 

I ordered all three of the coordinating tunic tanks and received two today. These are fantastic and I'm beyond happy with the look and fit in my usual XS, wasn't sure if I needed to size up. I carry my weight in the upper thigh area and the cut and side slits provide the perfect ease needed to avoid anything unsightly being emphasized. The length hits me barely an inch above my thumb with my arm extended. The drape is so flattering, just right. I knew that these pieces would be a welcome addition with a multitude of options to pair with my Linea wardrobe. Highly recommend these with or without the Cardi.