Esteemed Contributor

Re: Review A221353 Baseball Jacket

Another rave review for this new jacket.

Note:  (1) I don't do baseball or bomber jackets, (2) don't do bright colors, (3) don't do embellishments, (4) don't do stripes. 

And, I LOVE this jacket. It's so of-the-moment and trendy, but with an upscale elegance. I live in LA and you would see this in lots of boutiques with a $300.00 price tag, easy. 

I wear an XS or a SM depending on the style and fabric. Based on the bust and shoulder measurements I went with the XS. The fit is close and shapely, but not tight. I think either would have been fine.

Bought it in black, but eyeing that white, too!

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a different opinion FWIW. I bought the jacket in pink and I think there are too many flowers all bunched into one spot. I live in NYC where this trend is really big (same as LA, I'm sure) and every store has a version. I happen to like the trend. The ones I like the best have a light sprinkling of the flowers throughout the front making it look less dominant. It's Just my personal taste but this jacket is too much of a good thing. I felt like the flowers were wearing me instead of the other way around. Maybe I should have gotten the black one instead but I'm in a Spring mood! The pink looked so pretty.

Valued Contributor

Gardensla- Glad you the jacjket. I thonk it's wonderfrul. I, too, went with my smaller size and the way it fits.

Valued Contributor

OOps. meant to say glad you like the jacjet. I love mine.

Esteemed Contributor

Well, my jackets arrived today and I'm a happy camper.  I spent the longest time trying to pick a color, and finally ordered ivory.  Two days later I caved and ordered the black as well.  I haven't bought anything with embroidery in years, but I love both of these.  I'm so glad that I ordered the black while I still could. 

I feel that these are a "riff" on the popular baseball jacket and as such will have more staying power than those ubiquitous silk baseball/bomber jackets you see everywhere.  But it still won't bother me a bit if I want to move on from the style in a few years - by then we'll all be excited about something new. That's what fashion is all about.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

My second jacket arrived today and it is FABULOUS!

I ordered down to a L as I do in WK ENR sweaters, plus I have lost some weight, and the L in Black fits like it was tailored for me, cannot believe it.  I haven't worn a L in Linea since his first days here when QVC had no XL!!

The black is stunning, truly a statement piece.  I can zip it up and it is much like a scuba jacket in style, extremely flattering and slimming.  Who knew????  

I will return the pink one I bought before the show in an XL as it is just overwhelming on me, sleeves too long, shoulders drooping, neckline too big.  I am content with just the black one with the perfect fit, although all three color choices are so practical and wearable and as they say, right on trend.

I was wearing a dove grey tunic sweater and charcoal skinny jeans, and the new black jacket looked perfect without even trying to come up with an outfit!  

Don't miss out on this beauty......

Valued Contributor

@gardensla, I got my baseball jacket in black today and I 100% agree with your review.

I have a few very special LDO vintage pieces with embroider, but I normally don't do embellishment. But, this jacket is perfection. I like the embroidery clustered at the top and not across the entire jacket. My lower torso doesn't need ANY embellishment on it, LOL. The fact that the embroidery is wider at the shoulder and tapers to the single long flower is smoke and mirrors for squaring off the shoulders. I ordered it in ivory the minute I finished trying on the black.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I received my black baseball jacket.  It is lovely and will be a great addition to my summer wardrobe.  It looked great with my Linea black slim ankle pants as well as my spandex yoga pants over a black skinny Tee.  Louis Dell Olio is a master at fitting and draping clothing.  Baseball jackets are everywhere - best part I will not see myself coming and going.

Respected Contributor

I ordered the black Baseball Jacket, whch I received.  I thought I had cancelled my order for the ivory jacket, but it shipped.  So now I have two jackets (black and ivory).  I really like the black jacket.  I tried on the ivory jacket, which I received today.  I like that also, and now I'm not sure if I should keep both of them.  I saw a photo of the ivory on Jac, and it looked really nice on her with a black T-shirt.  Do you think it's too much to have two of the same jacket in different colors?

Esteemed Contributor

@Lyn08

It's such an unusual piece that, for me, I wouldn't consider two different colors.  YMMV.

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~