Valued Contributor

Review A221353 Baseball Jacket

Just received the black baseball jacket and I'm in love. As always with LDO it's perfection. The fabric feels like a heavy sweatshirt. Could wear it all but summer months here in the South. Of course the embroidery takes it to another level. You can't go wrong with this one.

Regular Contributor

Re: Review A221353 Baseball Jacket

Thanks for the review, Berlybaby!  I can't wait to get mine in black.  I was planning a basic black and white wardrobe for my upcoming cruise and this will fit in nicely.  I love the picture that was posted of Jac in this jacket, perfection!   

GET RICH...........Count Your Blessings!
Respected Contributor

Is the baseball jacket skim the body or is it Boxy?

Valued Contributor

@culebra  This is what Jac said in her post of her in the jacket in that lovely bedroom  " I can tell you that this Jacket has princess seaming, so it is NOT boxy, but has a youthful shape"

Hope that helps!

KK

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Berlybaby wrote:

Just received the black baseball jacket and I'm in love. As always with LDO it's perfection. The fabric feels like a heavy sweatshirt. Could wear it all but summer months here in the South. Of course the embroidery takes it to another level. You can't go wrong with this one.

@Berlybaby can I ask which state you live in?  I'm on the Gulf Coast, and hearing that this is like a heavy sweatshirt means that I would only be able to wear it during one of our infrequent cold snaps.  I'm a little worried now that I wouldn't get as much use out of it as I had hoped.  Can you tell me any more?  Thanks!

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Valued Contributor

I live on the coast in SE North Carolina. I would be able to wear this jacket almost all year since I always need a jacket in air condittoned venues. For the poster who asked, the jacket is not boxy. I went down a size based on the click here measurements and it's a perfect fit.

Hope his helps.

Esteemed Contributor

@Berlybaby Thanks so much for the quick response!  

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you for pointing out this beautiful jacket. I'm going to pick it up for my Mom, she will love it. I think it is cute as well although I rarely wear bright colors. Maybe she will let me borrow it sometime so I can try wearing something colorful, we are the same size. She usually wears a medium in Denim and Co. should I order a small then? All the colors are beautiful but I am drawn to the pink and she loves that color. I had never ordered Linea before until I read a review of the Linea trench and decided to buy it. One of the best purchases from the Q ever!

"The love you extend to others, will eventually find it's way back to you, no matter how many times it has left you hurt."
Valued Contributor

If it helps I went bynthe shoulder and bust measurements. It fits me perfectly. I didn't want it to be too big.

Respected Contributor

My jacket in pink arrived yesterday, and I waited until today to give it a try-on and see what worked with it.  

I can wear a L, XL, or 1X and got it in the XL, probably could do a L as I don't plan on zipping it.  It's a bit large in the bust and upper arm and I shall tailor that down; the rest fits perfectly - I needed the room through the middle, hate when it is tight there.  Great fabric in this, has heft without being clunky, nice drape and feel.  Oh yes, looks very expensive.

All in all, this is a spectacular jacket!  I am so pleased, was wary that the embroidery is in such bright colors, but it is toned down by the pink background.  

The collar fits so flatteringly around the neck, difficult feat in this style.  It is slimming due to the princess seams, with pockets, and the two-way zip beautiful and practical, but I shall probably leave it open.

I tried it on with a variety of black pants, slim washed jeans, etc., and it is the modern finishing touch that brings all my other things up to "now."  The pink is a breath of spring but also a classic that I believe can be worn year round.

I couldn't be happier with this jacket, it's a stunner.