Valued Contributor

Reporting on new Safari and gauze jackets.

I followed the click here measurements for the Safari jacket and that made me size down from my usual size. The smaller size is a perfect fit. The gauze jacket is a winner.

The material has a wonderful hand and the shape is very flattering. I also followed the click here measurements. I chose the same size as the quilted sweater in alabaster and black and once again it was right on. Hope this helps.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Reporting on new Safari and gauze jackets.

Thanks, I have it on waitlist in the smaller size. Hopefully someone will cancel.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Respected Contributor

@Berlybaby

Thank you for the review! So glad you are happy with your jackets and the sizing was just right for you. I'm going to check out the gauze jacket--it's on my wish list in the white and black--and I was waiting to hear a few reviews first before ordering.

I don't know how tall you are...but can you say where both jackets are falling on you length-wise? I think the anorak will be just right for me...but the gauze jacket looks a bit on the shorter side...Thanks in advance!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ordered the green gauze jacket based on your review and got some olive pants while I was shopping.  I think this will look super with an oatmeal tank, cork and gold heels, gold chains, bracelet and earrings.  

Valued Contributor

May I assume the safari jkt. being referenced is A273881?  What is the weight of the fabric? I'm always looking for lightweight long sleeves tops for HOT summer wear.  Would you call it a blouse weight?

Thanks for any help.

Valued Contributor

The weight of the safari jacket is like a lightweight cotton. Perfect for the summers here in SE North Carolina.

Valued Contributor

I  am alittle over 5 feet. Safari jacket is mid hip and gauze jacket falls about 3 inches below my waist. Hope this helps.

Honored Contributor

@Berlybaby wrote:

I  am alittle over 5 feet. Safari jacket is mid hip and gauze jacket falls about 3 inches below my waist. Hope this helps.

Are you long, short or average waisted? This also determines where a particular garment will lie on someone.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Valued Contributor

I'm average waisted. Falls on me like the photos on Louis' blog.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you Berly. The safari should be long enough for me. The gauze would be too short. I'll get my safaris today!