Esteemed Contributor

Re: Reporting on new Safari and gauze jackets.

[ Edited ]

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@Sadiesadie wrote:

@shoesnbags: I'm 5' and I agree with you about the fit. Waist in 

the small hits me at the top of my hip. I debated between XS & S but not sure the XS would have made much difference in the overall size. Bought it in the khaki small

It is lovely but was surprised at the weightiness of it. It is heavy. Here in Tucson it would have been my winter jacket. It looked much lighter to me during the presentation especially with the open work.

Went back this morning. Don't know if that size and color is sold out but if so, a brand new one...and not "as is"...will be back in stock in about a week and a half.

congrats to all who can wear it.

I agree the material does have a certain heft. It is definitely NOT a summer jacket for where there is humidity. I think it can be used now when weather is in the 50's, 60's and maybe low to mid 70's.

Does it remind anyone else of the previous brushed cotton jacket with the gold ball shaped buttons (in terms of the heftiness of the material)?

@JustJazzmom Do you mean A216528?  I have that one in green, the buttons are gunmetal, but it is brushed cotton. For me that one is definitely a winter jacket. I think the safari jacket is lighter than that, probably because it's not lined. But it's still too heavy for summer wear here in NOLA. It's in the mid 80s now, so already too warm to wear it comfortably. If it had fit me better, I would have worn it in the cooler months from Nov. through March.  The dark green shade I wanted is a year round color. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags

Yes, that's the one-- I have it in olive, black and peacock color.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@shoesnbags

Great jacket!  I have it in black and peacock (couldn't remember what that color was called, lol).  And the "jade" tank from a couple of years ago A255148, looks just beautiful with the peacock jacket - a lighter shade of the same color.  I can't remember your size, but it's still available in L - 1X for just $14.41, Last Clicks price.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@shoesnbags

Great jacket!  I have it in black and peacock (couldn't remember what that color was called, lol).  And the "jade" tank from a couple of years ago A255148, looks just beautiful with the peacock jacket - a lighter shade of the same color.  I can't remember your size, but it's still available in L - 1X for just $14.41, Last Clicks price.

I think I have 1 in Small and another 2 in Medium.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags

I have that jacket in olive and peacock.  I also have the jade tank.  Never tried them together.  Thanks for the info.

Honored Contributor

I received my safari jacket (A273881) yesterday (light beige) and just love it.  It's as cool as you could expect a jacket of this type to be.  I wouldn't wear it on the hottest days but for now in northern California it's quite good.  I agree with @JustJazzmom's temperature guidelines.

I got a medium and it's not too big and not too small.  I like ease but not droopy shoulders, so the medium worked out great.

I like that once you unsnap the cuffs, the sleeves can easily be rolled up.  That's something I typically do.

(I almost always wear sunblock on the backs of my hands, at minimum, and often put it on right before getting into the car.  Rolling up the jacket sleeves is not only a good look, but it keeps the sunblock from staining the sleeves.)

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach

I ordered that jacket in the cadet blue.  I loved the jacket but it was not a flattering fit on me so I am dropping it at the post office tomorrow  for its return trip!  Hope you enjoy it. 

Trusted Contributor

If you've laundered the anorak, how did it turn out? Another thread about the double breasted jacket (same material) mentions lint and wrinkles. I have blue and I'm awaiting the black.
Respected Contributor

@Helping

Louis suggested, if necessary, to have the jacket dry cleaned to keep it crisp.

Valued Contributor

Has anyone received their gauze jacket? I just received my black one today. The fit is terrific. Love the fabric. However, I just ordered a replacement in black on check status because the sleeve snaps on the don't snap. It's like the post half is a different size than the socket half.

Has anyone else run into this with their gauze jacket? Checking to see if I just got the one defective one or if it is across the board in the black (or any other color for that matter). I ordered this jacket in all colors. Love the jacket. I will keep them anyway as they arrive because I love the jacket that much. However, since I'm in Florida I'd prefer to snap those sleeves up come mid-summer.