Respected Contributor

Re: Reorder/New Colors: Ombre Tunic A263353

My two tunics arrived yesterday in the Aqua and Pink. The colors are prettier than I even expected. I am so glad I ordered these early because I will be shocked if they don't sell out in a nano second when they are presented.

Respected Contributor

Well, I received both new colors and I'm a wee bit on the fence because the colors are not great for MY coloring.  I look better in brights and these are quite muted for me. The Pink has "mauve-y" tones to it---even a slight lavender, if you will.

I did order the new Grey and Black Capri Leggings and also the older Crop Leggings in Charcoal and Black, on sale, to go with.

I guess I need to try on with some make-up and jewelry to see the complete look.

I actually like that these tops have a high neckline, as in the summer sun, even with sun screen, I seem to get burn/tan on the sensitive chest area, so this will help block that from happening.

I just recalled that I have a gorgeous Tahari Aqua/Grey/Charcoal/Ivory Snakeskin Tote bag----oh, I just checked and the colors are perfect! So the Aqua is a keeper. Here's a picture of the tote I found on line, but mine is in pristine condition. And the colors are grey, not taupe.

Now I have to put together the Pink look and see if that works for me.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I know the aqua will look fine on me, but I'm a bit concerned now about the pink.  If it has a cooll undertone, I won't be able to wear it.  I can, however, wear the Perfectly Pink and the Fuchsia.  If you already receivd the new pink tunic, can you tell me if it's a cool or warm color.  Thanks.

Well so much for that!  I tried cancelling the pink tunic, and it's too far along in the process to cancel.  I'll just have to wait and see what I think when I receive it.

Respected Contributor

@Lyn08 wrote:

If you already receivd the new pink tunic, can you tell me if it's a cool or warm color.  Thanks.

It's really hard to say with this pink tunic, because it is so muted. I like clear, cool colors with my skin tone--so the Peacock was perfect. When I pull up the picture on line, the colors shown as exactly how they appear in person---at least the pictures on my laptop screen. I'm leaning toward saying they are cool, but honestly, the way they are designed, they could be cool AND warm at the same time---the genius of Louis!

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Respected Contributor

@Maxine49 - Thanks, Sheesh, for your opinion about the pink tunic.  Since it's in process of shipping, and I can't cancel my order, I'll just need to wait until I receive it to see what I think.

I just need to get rid of many of the clothes in my closet and drawers (plus shoes and purses).  I'm no longer working, so I just don't need everything I have.  Don't get me started on winter coats!

Respected Contributor

Sheesh, that bag looks perfect! I agree it's had to say what the pink is, but if I were pressed I'd say it is more of a cool pink than a warm pink. Mia since it's on it's way to you anyway try it on first before you decide. It's very pretty.

Respected Contributor

I received both new colors of the Ombre Tunic (pink and aqua).  I wasn't sure about the pink when I ordered it.  However, I tried both on last night, and I like them very much.  I have to be careful when wearing pink --  dusty colors drain all the color out of my face.  I plan to wear the pink tunic with grey pants.  Is the bottom of the aqua tunic navy?  I have poor eyesight and sometimes have a hard time distinguishing black and navy.  Now I mark the labels in my navy pants with an "N" so I can tell the difference.

Trusted Contributor

@Lyn08 the bottom of the aqua tunic is also grey.  Hope that helps!

Respected Contributor

@anniebethsmom - So are we supposed to wear grey with both tunics?  I only have long grey pants, and I really am not interested in the grey crop leggings, as my legs are too skinny.  I have some casual grey knit crop pants, and I was wearing them yesterday when I tried on the tunics.  I'll have to look for some other grey crop pants.  If anyone has a recommendation, please let me know.  Thanks.

Respected Contributor

Louis recommended black with the pink and grey with the aqua. That's what I've been doing. I wear the grey trousers or slim pants when I want something dressier and my leggings for casual. I don't have any crop or Capri pants in grey.