Valued Contributor

Received the super ponte pants

I received the Espresso color of A285547, the petite super ponte pant. I'm uncertain about them at the moment. I don't like the fabric. It's thick which is good for winter, but it feels substantially like spandex, like athletic wear, very stretchy, but dense stretchy, not loose like sweaters.

I much prefer my old ponte pants which are too big now.

I ordered a size 16 which I suspected would be too fitted, but I just wish for another inch, so an 18 may be too big. The problem with the smaller fit of the size 16 is that my panty lines show, so I would have to wear a long top to cover my rear. Size aside, it's the fabric that I'm not fond of.  Maybe tomorrow I won't be so tired, and I'll feel differently.

I hadn't realized my brown WK V-neck sweater is walnut, not espresso. The sweater is much darker than the pants.

Valued Contributor

Re: Received the super ponte pants

I absolutely love the fabric! I think it's the dense woven knit is what makes them hang so nice (perfect in my opinion).  I received 4 black and 2 pair in the dark brown and I could not be happier. 

Trusted Contributor

Received mine yesterday and I absolutely love the way that they fit.  The espresso color is exactly what I was hoping for.  Great purchase by me!!!  Lol.

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Trusted Contributor

I ordered these in black when first posted and then went back for the brown.  I like the fit and fabric.  It's nice not to have to have them altered.  At 5-4" I'm a little too tall for petite but too short for the regular length.  I'm hoping to see these back next year in new colors, which Louis said will happen if they do well (i.e. low return rates).

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love everything about these pants. The fabric is exactly like my boot cut version and I think it's the best fabric he has used for Ponte pants, and there is no polyester!. I knew I would love these, and got 2 black and 1 espresso which matches my new jewel neck sweater really well. I'm a happy Linea Lady.

Esteemed Contributor

@Marlyn1 wrote:

I love everything about these pants. The fabric is exactly like my boot cut version and I think it's the best fabric he has used for Ponte pants, and there is no polyester!. I knew I would love these, and got 2 black and 1 espresso which matches my new jewel neck sweater really well. I'm a happy Linea Lady.

I love the boot cut super ponte...fabric and fit. I did go down one size and they hang nicely on me. if I went down 2 sizes, they would fit me like yoga pants. and if any are left after holidays...going to grab a smaller pair.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Contributor

I got this pant in black & like the fabric a lot, but the length is too short on me and I have to return them.

I watched the show video and heard the designer say that "women get crazy over pants being too short or too long", but hey, we want them to fit. I don't think it's too much to ask TBH. I don't think I'll be buying from this line again if that's the attitude. I just want a pant long enough that I don't have to wear it with boots all the time. I can get a long pant from Mizrahi and Women with Control. I do like other items I've gotten from Linea especially the new sweater coat. Very high quality and nice and long.

Does anyone know why this line doesn't come in tall sizes?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NYCSusanna wrote:

I got this pant in black & like the fabric a lot, but the length is too short on me and I have to return them.

I watched the show video and heard the designer say that "women get crazy over pants being too short or too long", but hey, we want them to fit. I don't think it's too much to ask TBH. I don't think I'll be buying from this line again if that's the attitude. I just want a pant long enough that I don't have to wear it with boots all the time. I can get a long pant from Mizrahi and Women with Control. I do like other items I've gotten from Linea especially the new sweater coat. Very high quality and nice and long.

Does anyone know why this line doesn't come in tall sizes?

@MaggieinFL It doesn't come in tall sizes because QVC doesn't order it in tall sizes. That decision is made by the QVC buyer, not the designer. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

@MaggieinFL You might want to try A268216, which is the same "super ponte" fabric as the straight leg pant, but it has a 32-inch inseam. This is a GREAT pant with a modified boot leg and a much higher quality than the other designers you mentioned. I'm tall--about 5'10"--and these fit with flats or a low-heeled boot.

I agree with you--women who are tall should have pants that fit them, just like everyone else. Same is true for petites! I had to watch the video to see if Louis really said we get "crazy" about pants being too short or too long, and indeed he did! I was a little surprised, because he's typically very supportive of his customers, and not at all dismissive, but he's right--we do get a little crazy/frustrated/impatient with the length issue. BUT, while the buyers make the final decision on what inseam lengths to offer, this designer advocates for us. Louis said recently on his blog that he'd do what he could to get more 32-inch inseams, especially when 2 sizes are offered. I think he listens to his customers more than any other designer at QVC and does his best to influence the buyers.

Try the boot leg cut--it's my favorite pant--they might work for you, too! And, there's plenty more to love in the Linea line.

Esteemed Contributor

@MaggieinFL

@GraceCO

I heard him say it, too.  I took it to mean we shouldn't let it bother us (ie, make us crazy) if the pants were slightly too short (or, I'm assuming, slightly too long).  

They were the perfect length on Brenda...I wonder what her inseam is.  

He also said that the length on tall Kate looked fine with boots, but I beg to differ...they were too short on her for my liking.  

I was surprised at these comments.

I hate it, too, because these are just what I'm looking for!  The heavier/denser ponte and the true straight leg.  If only they were just an inch or so longer!!!   Durn it Q!!!!!!!!!!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~