Respected Contributor

Re: REVIEWS on what you bought

Today my palm frond necklace in silver J290362 arrived and it is MORE than I expected in every way!  It's a statement piece but unique and different.  I thought it might wear me, but no, it is stunning and the silver seems to throw light up to my face.  

I tried it on with the Linea black vee neck sweater and they are as if made for each other.  The necklace hangs in a soft Vee shape and fills the necklace with design and beauty.  I believe it is an iconic piece that will be sought after in years to come.

It is made so well, the individual parts are all articulated and move with you, very organic and yet very comfortable.  I have many RLM pieces but this is better, like runway silver jewelry, stunning.  Can't wait to wear it, couldn't be happier with my purchase, sorry I waited until they were almost gone, but at least I got it on sale.  

If you are a gold girl, there are some left in gold.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I purchased the Lt. Khaki lace sweater.  It is a winner for me.  I purchased my normal LInea size of Medium.  It skims the body beautifully.  The fabric is not whisperknit but still has a nice hand.  I think the lining looks great under the Lt. Khaki lace and the sweater matches perfectly my Linea Lt. Khaki slim ankle pants.  I am very happy with my purchase.

I had previously purchased the Linea swing cardigan in alabaster when it was first listed. I always size down in the swing cardigan to a small. I also size down in Louis's tanks to a small.  The alabaster swing cardigan is a beautiful sweater.  I also own the short sleeve alabaster sweater from last year so I have a lovely twin set.

Respected Contributor

I bought everything I was interested in prior to the show.  

The alabaster and taupe swing cardi.  Love that taupe and hope there is more taupe coming besides the turtleneck (in FL I don't need more turtlenecks and the sleeves are too short).

The eyelash print top in alabaster.  Had to size up to an XS.  Am tempted to get the blue top too (wondering how it'd look with jeans).  Really would like the coulottes too but I just don't know how much I'd  wear them.   

The snap front hoodies in black and sage (which is more olive to my eye).  Love these and will keep them but wish the sleeves were a little longer. 

I am considering the lace back sweater.   Was initially drawn to the navy because I thought it'd look good with jeans and because I didn't think the khaki would look good on me.  But after seeing it on Angela I am considering the khaki.  

Regarding the lace back sweater - should I get the size I order in WK?   Or size up like I have to in non-stretch fabrics like the Kate blouse, etc?

Was considering the newest stripe hoodie but really don't need it and wouldn't wear it as much as the others.  Trying to be more selective in what I buy and get only what I know I will wear regularly. 

Esteemed Contributor

@crazycockermom

I ordered the new lace sweater in my usual Linea knitwear size (XS) and it's a perfect fit. I would say on this one, stay true to your knitwear size.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

@gardensla

Thanks so much for the sizing advice!
Valued Contributor

Received my celedon lace back sweater today and really love it.  I was torn between it and the light khaki, because I plan to wear it with the light khaki (LOVE LOVE THESE!) pants.  DH helped me pick between the two colors!!! :-) Anyway, I bought my usual small (sometimes I wear an XS, depending on the style).  I have long arms and broad shoulders---5'6" 36B-C, and straight up and down.  It is perfect----pretty color, just lovely all the way around, in my opinion---good palette for necklaces of course.

KK

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I received the sweater with lace back in celadon today and am very pleased with it.  I was torn between the light khaki and the celadon, because I wanted to wear it with the light khaki (LOVE LOVE THESE!) pants. DH helped me decide on the celadon (a color I rarely wear).  I got my usual size small (in some styles I wear an XS) and it fits perfectly.  I am 5'6" 36 B/C, broad shoulders, long arms, straight up and down, 130 lbs.  It is lovely, a great palette for necklaces, a classic style and easy fit---WINNER!!

KK

Respected Contributor

@Karlakaye

Glad you love your sweater! The celadon looks beautiful. When I saw the presentation I kept wavering back and forth on which color I liked better (and which I thought would look better on me). They are all stunning. Your size description makes me think the opposite of what I was leaning towards initially. Based on what you said I may need my larger Linea size, an XS. I'm 5'5" 34B, about 120#, also with broad shoulders and long arms. Ugh. The issues of ordering clothing online...
Valued Contributor

@crazycockermom  Oh I know the woes of choosing a size---drives me wacky every time.  I often waiver between xs and s.   I would say that the bottom edge is loose---falls nicely, but doesn't touch my body. certainly no cling anywhere ( I have a 31 waist and 37 hips Smiley Sad)   The main thing for me is the shoulders and underarms---I don't like those skimpy---and that's why I think the small was the right choice for me.    GEE, hope I didn't make it more confusing than it needs to be!!!! UGH!!

KK

Trusted Contributor

Sizing had never been an issue before, but after recently losing almost thirty five pounds, I found myself straddling two sizes, or so it seemed.

I too. ordered most of my haul prior to the show.  The alabaster swing sweater I went all the way down to a small!  Initially ordered a medium, my normal one size down in WK from a large and it was HUGE! The small fit perfectly... go figure.

The eyelash top fit so much better in a large- probably because I'm a 38DD on top- a curse to be sure! This is always my problem area.  The medium just felt a tad bit too tight and I wasn't going for the Jayne Mansfield/Marilyn Monroe look!  What a beautiful set with the swing sweater and the wide leg pants.

I was on the fence regarding the new hoodies,  I was having trouble justifying more hoodies, but when I thought back to how much I wore the first versions, I caved. With a new granddaughter arriving at the end of October, I figured they would come in handy for babysitting duties.Couldn't decide between the grey/aqua and the raspberry/navy so I ordered both.  Again I was concerned the mediums would be too small but hallelujah, they both fit!  As did the aqua tank.  Love the fit of these- the subtle a line is extremely flattering and the hand of the fabric is beautiful- soft and substantial.

My last pick was the navy LL pants in navy- my first pair of these pants.  How could I have missed these beauties before?!  Love the fit and the feel.  @JustJazzmom I now understand why you love these pants! I'll be going back for more...

That was it for this round.  It's been incredibly warm summer for us which we are so enjoying that it's hard to get excited about fall fashions. Just give me another month and I'll be right there with the rest of my Linea sisters.