Respected Contributor

Re: REVIEW: A279520: SNAP FRONT HOODIE TUNIC: WOW!!

@TexasMom1

The only color left in my size is the rose, and to me it looked way too orangey, as you said more of a terra cotta.  Won't work for my skin tone at all, so I have to give this one a miss.  Thanks for confirming my hunch that the color has no pink in it!  Yes, I do know there are roses of all shades.....

Honored Contributor

@TexasMom1 wrote:

I received my "Rose" hoodie and I have to really stretch to call this shade a rose. More like a clay terracotta, at least to my eyes. I can see no rose or pink tint to this shade description at all. Who in the heck names these items? I don't think Louis does! This one is going to have to grow on me for a few days. I loved the style and the fit, just not crazy about this "Rose:. 

@TexasMom1 So I was correct, it's the same shade as the faux Shetland pullover.

Yes, rose color I envision with a lot more pink than brown!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Trusted Contributor

I packed up the "Rose" and mailed it back this morning. Now I get to stalk the cloud blue and/or black. Live and learn! Great style of hoodie though! Enjoy it ladies!

Trusted Contributor

I'm so sorry to those who didn't care for the rose. Mine is absolutely more pink than orange.  Why can't they all be the same? Even my husband commented on my new "cute pink hoodie." Sorry ladies. :-[  I would love to see this in a burgundy or dark teal color. 

Respected Contributor

I received my sage and black hoodies yesterday. So cute!! I haven't heard too many people discuss the sage color, but I think of it as being more olive, less dusty like sages can be.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

At first I dismissed the snap front hoodie because I thought it was way too long for me. But @JustJazzmom is the same height as me, and she was happy with hers so I took a chance on the blue. It arrived a little while ago, and like everyone else, I'm crazy about it!  I ordered my usual whisperknit size xxs, since the reviews all said that it is generously cut.  I think this is my best size, although it would be snug with a WK sweater underneath. Given our warm climate, I'll be wearing this over thin, sleeveless or short sleeve tops so that's not an issue. I'm washing it right now, and if there's no shrinkage I'll order the same size in taupe. Any petites out there, don't be afraid to give this one a try. 

ETA forgot to say that I'm 5'2". 

Also should add that the "blue" is actually gray - a very pretty steel gray. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

I ordered the black in mediium for this hoodie.  When I tried it on, I was not sure about my usual medium. I felt it was too large.  I waitlisted for the small which is now on its way to me.  I will decide which size when I receive.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@shoesnbags wrote:

At first I dismissed the snap front hoodie because I thought it was way too long for me. But @JustJazzmom is the same height as me, and she was happy with hers so I took a chance on the blue. It arrived a little while ago, and like everyone else, I'm crazy about it!  I ordered my usual whisperknit size xxs, since the reviews all said that it is generously cut.  I think this is my best size, although it would be snug with a WK sweater underneath. Given our warm climate, I'll be wearing this over thin, sleeveless or short sleeve tops so that's not an issue. I'm washing it right now, and if there's no shrinkage I'll order the same size in taupe. Any petites out there, don't be afraid to give this one a try. 

ETA forgot to say that I'm 5'2". 

Also should add that the "blue" is actually gray - a very pretty steel gray. 

Just came back from a work trip to find my 2 hoodies had arrived. They fit me similar to how you described ... generous fit below bustline, but not too overwhelming. I could probably have gone down one more size if I had planned to only wear over sleeveless tops. I find the material to be a substantial cotton, not a flimsy tee shirt cotton. Glad I ordered the black and the blue (steel blue, more gray than blue).

Will go write my review once my other Linea item arrives.

...edited to add: wore the tunic today and it does seem to 'grow' a bit with wear. So IMO,  I would not size up for this top. I am going to wait to do review on this tunic after I wash, to see if it shrinks very much. (I will wash then tumble for 5 minutes).

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Trusted Contributor

My wait listed black sweater shipped.😀