Esteemed Contributor

Question Re: Sizing on Two Linea Leisure Pieces...

I missed out on a large in the hooded dress.  I'm tall enough to at least give this a try.  I have a topper sweater in my closet which has a length of 34...the hooded dress is 38...worth a try.

BUT...no large available (my bad LOL).

I have the LL raglan top in large and the short hoodie (peony) in large.  They both fit with ease and plenty of room.

If I was only going to wear the hooded dress only as an open jacket, I thought the medium might work...

Do you own both and can compare for me?  Plenty of stretch?

Any info you can give me to help with the ever-present sizing battle would be appreciated.  TIA!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Respected Contributor

Re: Question Re: Sizing on Two Linea Leisure Pieces...

[ Edited ]

@MacDUFF

I have the LL tunics, hoodies, cardigans and pants in Large. I also missed out on the Large in the hoodie dress--you are not alone! I ordered the medium and it fits just fine. I wear it as a topper with the bottom zipper pulled up, so it's not tight around my hips. If I zip it all the way up & down, it still fits me, but it's snug (but not unattractively tight). So, if you're planning to wear it as a hoodie, you should be fine. As a dress...not so much. The double zipper makes it all work.

Hope this helps. I love it BTW. Wear it for my walks and like that it covers my butt!Woman Wink

Esteemed Contributor

FWIW ... I ordered the same size in the hooded dress as I did in the hooded jacket and the dress was at least a size ... perhaps 2sizes larger. I also think you could safely go down a size if you would be wearing this as a topper/long jacket.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Esteemed Contributor

@GraceCO

@kate2357

Thank you both!  This is what I wanted to hear LOL...now if I can just get over how looooooooong it is.  I'm 5'8.5" or so and it still just seems so loooooong for a hoodie!   Does it scream "look at me...I'm bold...I'm different?"  (FYI:  I'm different, yes, but not very bold and don't necessarily want to stand out too  much if you know what I mean!)

Honored Contributor

@kate2357

Make sure that the click here measurements line up with the actual garment you purchased. Its highly likely the garment was mislabeled at the factory and it that case it would be considered 'defective' and you would have to contact C/S and request cost of returning the item not charged back to your account. In other words, you would use the pre-printed return label and the $6.95 would not be debited from your return.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

I answered this before and it didn't post. I think it was because I didn't sign in on top.

I asked Louis about this because he mentioned going up a size if one was to wear it over thicker layers. Also the measurements seemed small to me.

I told him I wore a S in the V neck tshirt dresses of a few seasons back. He said the hoodie was the same size.

I ordered the berry in S and it's a perfect fit. I'll wear it over tights and a thin T with black boots. I already own berets that match and think I'll get the black scarf. I like the way he styled it with the scarf.

I'm only 5'2'' but very looooong waisted. The hoodie comes below my knees. When I wear it with tights and boots it will be fine. I intend to wear it in the fall if it ever gets cold enough (it was seventy five today) and in the winter under a long coat.

I did turn up the cuffs of the sleeves and it's fine. I may shorten the sleeves if it's too thick over a T. I have short arms.

Respected Contributor

I own the LL short hoodie in peony pink. I went up a size to M because Louis said to. I also got the cardigan in M and could have gotten the S. I got the tank to match the pp hoodie in M and had to return it for a S.

I think this hoodie dress is sized like the rest of the Linea line, not the LL tops that I have.

Esteemed Contributor

@lavendar

Thank you!  I should get it tomorrow and will let y'all know if it worked.